IGNORED

PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

Eighthours

A question for all you lucky buggers with PS5s:

The PS4 would take a screenshot when you earned a trophy, and as I understand it the PS5 records a short clip instead. When you transfer a PS4’s data across to a new PS5, does it send those images and are they viewable in the trophy lists?

Hoping the answer is no.

Spoiler

The reason I ask is that my PS4 HDD got corrupted, and the only way to get it to boot was to wipe all the data. I have lost all those trophy captures, which were important to me given the effort I put in to some of them. I liked to have that gaming history on record. I’m pretty gutted. Might be more bearable if I knew they wouldn’t have featured on the PS5 anyway

16 minutes ago, Darwock said:

The PS4 would take a screenshot when you earned a trophy, and as I understand it the PS5 records a short clip instead. When you transfer a PS4’s data across to a new PS5, does it send those images and are they viewable in the trophy lists?

Hoping the answer is no.

Hide contents

The reason I ask is that my PS4 HDD got corrupted, and the only way to get it to boot was to wipe all the data. I have lost all those trophy captures, which were important to me given the effort I put in to some of them. I liked to have that gaming history on record. I’m pretty gutted. Might be more bearable if I knew they wouldn’t have featured on the PS5 anyway

The images are always local. I'm not even sure you could import the old PS4 images to be read by the PS5 trophy system.

15 hours ago, Darwock said:

Hoping the answer is no.

Hide contents

I did the system transfer and it didnt transfer any pics or vids, to be fair it would have been more space than the ps5 drive had - it was actually cathartic wiping all the vids as there were far too many to go through and sort/delete!!!

30 minutes ago, Hoodedclaw said:

Anyone ever sent a pad back to Sony under warranty and they said they havent received it, any ideas what you are suppose to do when it happens ?

I’ve sent 3 back (right trigger x 2 and drift x 1)

from a pool of two controllers. From memory it takes a few days to register they’ve received it.

If it’s lost you’ll have to claim through Royal Mail. Assuming you sent it recorded you are insured up to £50 as standard.

12 minutes ago, Strafe said:

I’ve sent 3 back (right trigger x 2 and drift x 1)

from a pool of two controllers. From memory it takes a few days to register they’ve received it.

If it’s lost you’ll have to claim through Royal Mail. Assuming you sent it recorded you are insured up to £50 as standard.

Tracked with royal mail and they said it's delivered . Seems Sony's system takes an age to update . I can't be arsed staying on the phone for another hour to find out but guess I'll have too

21 minutes ago, Hoodedclaw said:

Tracked with royal mail and they said it's delivered . Seems Sony's system takes an age to update . I can't be arsed staying on the phone for another hour to find out but guess I'll have too

I had to return a broken from new controller to them a month or two back that had a faulty touch pad. Royal Mail's tracking show it was delivered to them but the link Sony provided said they were still waiting for it. The whole process took ages (4-5 weeks) and the tracking link they provided was useless, I'm not sure it ever did update to say they received it or, if it did, it was just before they sent it back.  I actually received automated emails from the system reminding me to post it weeks after it had already arrived.

I'd called Sony support multiple times due to them not having acknowledged receiving it and receiving remember to return the item emails, they seemed to have another view and could confirm they did actually have it but couldn't provide any more details (like an estimate on when I'd get it back).

The whole process was a fair bit of hassle but the controller did eventually re-appear (well a replacement did).

3 hours ago, Hitcher said:

We're sorry...

The page you are looking for cannot be found.

Sorry, it says that because Ive deleted a bundle of stuff as the full link is pretty big, left that initial part above just to give an idea of where it's going 

Will pass anyway, not 100% sure it's legit.