IGNORED

PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

Eighthours

4 hours ago, petrolgirls said:

Sure but those reflections look raytraced to me. There's no issues at the edge of frame and the reflect looks grainy exactly as you'd expect from a low sample raytraced pass. 

Ah right you are... Bit of googling got the answer it is RT. Also 24.99 on PS5 in Game.

Sony are starting to roll out VRR support on their 2020 X900H TVs.

This was the tv they tried to sell as being the perfect companion to ps5 despite lacking so many features.

I only mention this because it could well mean we see some movement on VRR reasonably soon. Hopefully before Christmas.

On 26/09/2021 at 22:04, Robo_1 said:

Holy shit at this footage of Ride 4 in the first person. It's as close to photo realism as anything I've ever seen.

The environment does look incredible.

The bike itself lets this down. A lack of real time lighting on it is clear once you notice.

It is stark, harsh, and not as refined as the rest.

I'm being very picky, sure, it is a bit grating for me though.

On 30/09/2021 at 21:07, Harrisown said:

Sony are starting to roll out VRR support on their 2020 X900H TVs.

This was the tv they tried to sell as being the perfect companion to ps5 despite lacking so many features.

I only mention this because it could well mean we see some movement on VRR reasonably soon. Hopefully before Christmas.

Rumour has it that VRR is coming in a December update.

3 minutes ago, deKay said:

Free Death Stranding game trial on PSN at the moment. You get 6 hours before it stops working, but the timer starts when you trigger the download so you need super fast broadband to take advantage of it before it expires.

Idiots.

I downloaded the sackboy trial , played it for 15 minute before going to bed. Loaded it up again and nope…

I could have played it for a good 4 hours or so as the trial was 5 hours long but starting it from the download point is utter nonsense. Must be a technical limitation? Surely not.

1 hour ago, deKay said:

Free Death Stranding game trial on PSN at the moment. You get 6 hours before it stops working, but the timer starts when you trigger the download so you need super fast broadband to take advantage of it before it expires.

Idiots.

Fucks sake Sony :lol:

hang on...so its a trial for 6 hours....that starts when you start the download ...:lol::lol::lol::lol:

"SONY - This is for the Payers! ... the payers of superfast fibre!"

Honestly though, thats has to be the most ridiculous trial ever!

If you have a 2nd account on your ps5 (if not, go make one) you can download via that account. Then when it's finished hit download on your main account which will complete instantly then voila you can play for 5 hours. 

I have stick drift in my Dualsense. I noticed it a bit over the last few months but the main clue was when I was using the "power doesn't drain when you're standing still invisible power" in Deathloop and my guy was inching backwards without me noticing. Cue me popping into existence in the middle of a room full of baddies and getting done by Julianna in seconds. 

It looks like I can't just report it online like I did with my Joycons? I have to call them!?

they shouldn't have bothered at all, more drama than its worth. Apart from the Genuine Concerns drive-bys, is anyone that bothered by 2 hours extra of free Sackboy? You'll know if it is worth buying after 20 minutes. And Death Stranding doesn't get going until at least the 7th hour!

2 minutes ago, mikeyl said:

they shouldn't have bothered at all, more drama than its worth. Apart from the Genuine Concerns drive-bys, is anyone that bothered by 2 hours extra of free Sackboy? You'll know if it is worth buying after 20 minutes. And Death Stranding doesn't get going until at least the 7th hour!

It’s a bit of a weird rollout. Did they even advertise/announce it at all?

Their communication as a whole continues to be so vague and soulless.

I suspect they are just trying random extra shit to parry combo the perceived value of gamepass but making a real LOL job of it. To be fair, i'd download an hour of the new Ratchet & Clank to check if I still absolutely hate Clank.

2 hours ago, mikeyl said:

I suspect they are just trying random extra shit to parry combo the perceived value of gamepass but making a real LOL job of it. To be fair, i'd download an hour of the new Ratchet & Clank to check if I still absolutely hate Clank.

R&C is actually quite good fun but defi a poster child for buying a disc console….

4 hours ago, mikeyl said:

This pre-supposes you can reliably download the demo in less than 5hrs 40 and will be buy the PS5 when it does.

Hmm maybe, just downloaded sackboy after all this chat, it’s a 11gb download to get going. That’s like 15 minutes for most. It’s a daft system they introduced for sure and Sony deserve the lols but not really worth digging up that dead “For the Players” meme is it. 

21 minutes ago, mikeyl said:

Hmm maybe, just downloaded sackboy after all this chat, it’s a 11gb download to get going. That’s like 15 minutes for most. 

* cries in internet *

That's an hour. And my goggle said Sackboy is 30gb and Death Stranding 80 or 90.

They’ll DL the bits that you need to get going first, so it’ll be 11gb out of the 30gb game. If one’s internet sucks then it will suck I’ll agree.

And I want no one to download the first 6 hours of Death Stranding, it’s nothing but walking for ages and will put a lot of people off it’s zipline building majesty. 

Completed world 1 (of 5) of sackboy in less than 2 hours then stopped as couldn’t be bothered to session it. It’s quite a generous demo in some ways as you get a lot of game for free if time and internet allows. Games alright, nothing revolutionary but the soundtrack absolutely bangs. Probably will never play again tho.