IGNORED

PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

Eighthours

36 minutes ago, sammy said:

My PS5 charging station is fucked, only charges one controller.  I cannot for the life of me work out how to report the fault, the Sony website doesn’t include it in their PS5 accessories fault page.  Any ideas?

Did you buy it direct from Sony? You should return it to the retailer.

This is how Which interpret the Consumer Rights Act 2015:

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act-aKJYx8n5KiSl#how-long-do-you-have-to-return-a-faulty-product

six months or more you must give the retailer one opportunity to repair or replace it before you can claim a partial refund, and the burden of proof is on you to prove the product is faulty

I think the ray traced reflections on the wet track are a big part of why that is so mind-blowing (the other part being the animation of your head-camera). I wonder how the visuals compare on a dry track?

(and yes it was only the lack of spray that gave it away as not being real footage)

What is this game? Ride *4*? I’ve never heard of it!

21 minutes ago, p1nseeker said:

PS5 annoyance: I have a PS4 game in my machine, this entitled me to download the PS5 version, fair enough. So why does it insist on installing the PS4 game from the disk every time I turn it on? 

I thought they’d patched that. Seems either close game & eject disc after playing, check only PS5 version is ticked or make sure connected to internet are suggestions.

The road and scenery look amazing, the bikes look uncanny valley - there appears to be a personal sun for the bike emitting 360 degree light on it and the poor lighting and shadows really make them look more f-zero than road racing.

Not a bad a start tho ;) 

That Ride footage looks incredible until you get close to another bike, at which point they look like they've been poorly green-screened onto the road, with that little slight floating above it (nothing to do with spray, mind.)

14 hours ago, Darwock said:

I think the ray traced reflections on the wet track are a big part of why that is so mind-blowing (the other part being the animation of your head-camera). I wonder how the visuals compare on a dry track?

(and yes it was only the lack of spray that gave it away as not being real footage)

What is this game? Ride *4*? I’ve never heard of it!

I think those reflections are just good screenspace and cube maps. Racing games have been faking Raytracing rather well for years. I playing Burnout Paradise at the mo and the cube maps on the car reflections look like RT, which given it's age it's probably considered 'retro' at this point.

I've got Ride 4 on PC. Looks great in the setting above but less impressive in the dry. PS5 release may have upped the fidelity mind.

Oh, and anyone after a PS5, EE will have stock from 8.30am tomorrow. I bagged one the last time they had stock and it was all super smooth, they still had units at least an hour after mine went through too.

2 hours ago, Quexex said:

I think those reflections are just good screenspace and cube maps. Racing games have been faking Raytracing rather well for years. I playing Burnout Paradise at the mo and the cube maps on the car reflections look like RT, which given it's age it's probably considered 'retro' at this point.

Sure but those reflections look raytraced to me. There's no issues at the edge of frame and the reflect looks grainy exactly as you'd expect from a low sample raytraced pass. 

4 hours ago, petrolgirls said:

Sure but those reflections look raytraced to me. There's no issues at the edge of frame and the reflect looks grainy exactly as you'd expect from a low sample raytraced pass. 

I've not studied it that much to be fair. You could be right though. it's easier to fake RT it in racing games due to fixed camera so I assumed they had. Will take a closer look on a big screen.