IGNORED

PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

Eighthours

How much battery life are y'all getting out of the controller? I seem to charge it almost as much as using it, and I don't really use the adaptive trigger settings mostly. 

I reckon I got 6 hours out of it today before the warning appeared that battery life was low

14 minutes ago, englishbob said:

How much battery life are y'all getting out of the controller? I seem to charge it almost as much as using it, and I don't really use the adaptive trigger settings mostly. 

I reckon I got 6 hours out of it today before the warning appeared that battery life was low

Not sure as I have 2 that I cycle and I don’t generally have such long sessions but I don’t think that sounds too far off the mark.  I do use the adaptive triggers etc. so it may vary per game e.g. with WRC 9.

24 minutes ago, englishbob said:

Yeah as @scoobysi says above I have two on a cycle . I’d say I’m getting a similar time 5-6 hours 

I picked up my own Ps5 today and it’s funny that when you see it in your own house it actually looks worse…it is however quiet thus far but currently only doing the PS4 data transfer so will keep an ear out.

I got the red pad and it looks nice but nothing like the pictures, poss prefer the red ps4 pad I have! Are the charge stations hard to get as I assume it won’t work on the PS4 pad dock thing?

2 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

I think it complains about low battery life very early. I ignore it when it comes up and have yet to have it actually die.

The annoying thing is you are correct so you ignore it then it just dies rather than giving you another message “no seriously, charge me”

I have 2 controllers and the charge station so I’m good.

Horizon Forbidden West Officially Delayed till Feb 22nd (I expect GT7 will be March now)

image.png.852d858bfeb6d19511cf09055ea254db.png

However for those like me who haven't played the first game - it's getting a 60fps patch for PS5 :)

Not much else at Gamescom from Sony the only thing that was of interest for me from the whole opening ceremony was Sifu which is giving me serious Power Stone vibes atm.

Jett in October - Not sure I'm that interested but I might give it a punt

More Death Stranding - 

Really seeing how much COVID has impacted development this year with all the delays to games and quick 'Directors Cut' versions to fill the void. 

Soooo first impressions of the machine are generally positive but also very confusing, why have Sony changed so many ways of doing something that was muscle memory on PS4!

First world problems but why can’t I just hold the share button to record the last (insert time you selected here) mins of gameplay like the PS4, change for changes sake but made worse as the start / share / PS buttons are all awful on this otherwise very nice pad.

As a huge fan of Astro VR ive basically bought the PS5 for VR and to play the Astro demo all the way through, my first impressions if it have been confirmed by this that Astro is an incredible VR game but very average platformer - dont get me wrong I really like it but I hope they go all in on a VR game and not a non VR game.

With the confirmation of Horizon Forbidden West slipping into next year, that means the only "big" game coming to PS5 actually this year ends up being Deathloop, right? A title that, in fairness, would have sit quite comfortably in a bigger line-up but not really driven one.

And then alongside that there's the underwhelming Jett, which I don't understand all the coverage for at all, and maybe a couple of other Indies? A fallow period.

19 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

With the confirmation of Horizon Forbidden West slipping into next year, that means the only "big" game coming to PS5 actually this year ends up being Deathloop, right? A title that, in fairness, would have sit quite comfortably in a bigger line-up but not really driven one.

And then alongside that there's the underwhelming Jett, which I don't understand all the coverage for at all, and maybe a couple of other Indies? A fallow period.

Yeah I imagine they’ll be leaning on the multi-plat stuff like Battlefield this Christmas.

If they’ve even made enough consoles to do a Christmas push of course!

39 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

First world problems but why can’t I just hold the share button to record the last (insert time you selected here) mins of gameplay like the PS4, change for changes sake but made worse as the start / share / PS buttons are all awful on this otherwise very nice pad.

I believe you can mimic the PS4 behaviour, there's an option for sharing in the main menu

1 hour ago, Shimmyhill said:

As a huge fan of Astro VR ive basically bought the PS5 for VR and to play the Astro demo all the way through, my first impressions if it have been confirmed by this that Astro is an incredible VR game but very average platformer - dont get me wrong I really like it but I hope they go all in on a VR game and not a non VR game.

Yeah, totally. All those people in the Astro VR thread claiming it was as good or better than Super Mario Odyssey… :lol:

But actually, please keep playing the new Astro thing because it’s actually bloody lovely and full of interesting stuff. It’s a total love letter to PlayStation, and is unquestionably one of the best non-Mario 3D platformers I’ve ever played.

1 hour ago, Shimmyhill said:

There are settings on PS5 under Captures and Broadcasts to make a double tap record a set amount of mins of video, but on PS4 you had to bring up the menu to do that.

It's one of the only UI changes for the better!

6 minutes ago, wretcherd said:

There are settings on PS5 under Captures and Broadcasts to make a double tap record a set amount of mins of video, but on PS4 you had to bring up the menu to do that.

It's one of the only UI changes for the better!

I prefer to hold share to record as i have done for years on PS4 and now on xbox (recording is shite on xbox mind) double tap is ok but the button is awful to find and use that hardly ideal to be hitting mid game esp online shooters etc :( 

1 hour ago, Uncle Mike said:

And it is a tiny bit awkward that it's buy a Microsoft owned studio and so ultimately the sequel, if it comes, is going to be an Xbox Exclusive.

9 minutes ago, Mallet said:

What are the chances that by the time the new Horizon came gets released you will be able to log onto amazon and just buy a PS5?

Fairly high id say, when i picked mine up they were telling me that Currys had excess stock and you could go online and reserve one in lots of stores nationally and that’s after they had a big load in to cover their recent ‘VIP’ drop they did.

17 minutes ago, Mallet said:

What are the chances that by the time the new Horizon came gets released you will be able to log onto amazon and just buy a PS5?

Pretty much 100%

Now if you had asked the chance of being able to buy one at RRP....

2 hours ago, Dudley said:

And it is a tiny bit awkward that it's buy a Microsoft owned studio and so ultimately the sequel, if it comes, is going to be an Xbox Exclusive.

True but most contracts come with a first dibs clause on a sequel, obviously they can get out of it but there is a chance.

4 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

Deathloop could be a contender - if EGs coverage is anything to go by

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-08-26-deathloop-is-not-at-all-what-i-expected

34 minutes ago, Quexex said:

True but most contracts come with a first dibs clause on a sequel, obviously they can get out of it but there is a chance.

There’s zero chance. There’s no reason for Microsoft to underwrite it. But eurogamer’s preview looks interesting.

3 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

I prefer to hold share to record as i have done for years on PS4 and now on xbox (recording is shite on xbox mind) double tap is ok but the button is awful to find and use that hardly ideal to be hitting mid game esp online shooters etc :( 

These were the controls on PS4, hold either took a screenshot or opened an extremely slow menu.

20170131220328-650x366.png

2 hours ago, footle said:

There’s zero chance. There’s no reason for Microsoft to underwrite it. But eurogamer’s preview looks interesting.

They wouldn't underwrite it though Sony would pay for development, that's how the sequel clause works in most game contracts. Although you are right it's still pretty unlikely it will happen.

2 hours ago, Quexex said:

They wouldn't underwrite it though Sony would pay for development, that's how the sequel clause works in most game contracts. Although you are right it's still pretty unlikely it will happen.

They’d be underwriting the game studio, and there’s a huge opportunity cost.