PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

Eighthours

31 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Yep, the problem is on my PS5 that'd be probably 4 hours and largely stopping me using the connection for anything much else while it did.

Yeah this is what my internet was like, constant arguments if the kids were trying to watch YouTube and it wouldn’t work meant I had to schedule my downloads for after everyone else is in bed, which is generally when I play games. It took all the spontaneity out of enjoying games. Between the fibre and the SSD in the new Xbox it’s now something I can do unconstrained by downloads so where I used to be really bothered about having a lot of storage to have all my game available it’s just stopped mattering.

4 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

If you install the H3 Free Starter pack on your PS5 (unless you mean you already have H3 PS4) then it will pick up any licences for H1 and H2 (maybe a small download) and you’ll have shiny new versions of those 😀.

Nice, I’ve definitely got most of hitman 1. Will it detect the separate licenses if I didn’t buy all the chapters? 

1 minute ago, Broker said:

Nice, I’ve definitely got most of hitman 1. Will it detect the separate licenses if I didn’t buy all the chapters? 

I’m not sure tbh as I got Hitman 1 GOTY free with PS Plus. I then recently bought H2 PS4 in the sale and all I had to do was download 100K (or thereabouts) H3 licence and the levels were unlocked in H3 FSP without any further download. I think there is a process to migrate progress using an IO account, so you might want to look into that unless you are happy to start again.

Honestly having Gran Turismo installed on this machine is bloody pointless, never enough room to install an update - I think I've around 40GB free space and it still won't install ffs.

9 hours ago, Broker said:

I won the Currys raffle so my PS5 will be arriving this week. I’m getting Demon’s Souls and I get the free FFVII upgrade because I bought a digital version, what other games are there that I should be looking at? I’ll keep my eye on Returnal, no interest in Ratchet and Clank.

Played Resi VIIIage yet?

14 minutes ago, englishbob said:

Honestly having Gran Turismo installed on this machine is bloody pointless, never enough room to install an update - I think I've around 40GB free space and it still won't install ffs.

Worst game by far for that in my experience but I don’t play COD lol.

2 hours ago, Broker said:

It did for me, I didn't even realise I could play them all in the new engine without buying the new hitman game.

2 hours ago, scoobysi said:

Worst game by far for that in my experience but I don’t play COD lol.

Cold War has component based installs - so if you just want multiplayer you can have that and nothing else. No issues so far with patches for that, its just GT.

4 hours ago, scoobysi said:

I’m not sure tbh as I got Hitman 1 GOTY free with PS Plus. I then recently bought H2 PS4 in the sale and all I had to do was download 100K (or thereabouts) H3 licence and the levels were unlocked in H3 FSP without any further download. I think there is a process to migrate progress using an IO account, so you might want to look into that unless you are happy to start again.

I'd be happy to start over, it's been a few years.

3 hours ago, Calashnikov said:

Played Resi VIIIage yet?

Yeah I played it on the Xbox Series already. Fucking excellent game :) 

Hi all.  I'm teaching myself slowly how to build a website and I'm basing it on PS5.   I'm after some PS5 screenshots from the following games:

image.png.c35beedb07d39348bd59b9ff71b30df8.png

You can tweet (it is still called that?)  me at @_Welrain_ 

I'll credit your twitter name below the screenshot.

I have a throwaway Twitter account that I only use for PlayStation screenshots and the last few games I’ve played on PS5 happen to be Returnal, Demon’s Souls, Ghost of Tsushima and Miles Morales, so might be of interest. 

Know what's funny? for the last month or so I've been getting the controller update notification every time I turn on the PS5 asking if I want to update and I keep hitting 'remind me later'. I just can't be bothered finding the cable (I have a charging station) and hooking them up. PS4 never did this did it? update the controllers independently of the system update?

On 09/07/2021 at 08:14, Broker said:

I won the Currys raffle so my PS5 will be arriving this week. I’m getting Demon’s Souls and I get the free FFVII upgrade because I bought a digital version, what other games are there that I should be looking at? I’ll keep my eye on Returnal, no interest in Ratchet and Clank.

Just get Returnal.

It is the best game on the system by a country mile.

4 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

No, but I don't think the PS4 controller had any software to speak of. The PS5 presumably has some of the haptics and resistance stuff inside the controller.

Yeah, an update a couple of months back greatly improved DualSense emulation of PS4 rumble, for instance.

Well, this is a new one. I've had issues with my replacement PS5 for a while, but when playing games it's always been rock solid. It's just the odd time in the menus (with no game running) that it would seize up and shutdown, and sometimes even after a normal shutdown it would boot and then say something went wrong, but after that it would fine again.

This evening I shut it down, after some food I went to boot it up and it shutdown before the screen came on. Went to boot it up again and now the only option the PS5 is giving me is to reinstall the PS5 software. I've rebooted a couple of times, it goes straight to the service menu, but all the other options are greyed out with only option 7 available. That's it.  So now I have to do a full re-install, lose all my games and redownload them.

AGAIN. 😤

6 hours ago, Welrain said:

Hi all.  I'm teaching myself slowly how to build a website and I'm basing it on PS5.   I'm after some PS5 screenshots from the following games:

image.png.c35beedb07d39348bd59b9ff71b30df8.png

You can tweet (it is still called that?)  me at @_Welrain_ 

I'll credit your twitter name below the screenshot.

I have some Immortals shots here:

https://tumblr.dekay.co.uk/archive/2021/4

On 09/07/2021 at 17:08, englishbob said:

Classic PS4 issue, you need twice the size of the install to update it - so if the game install is 60gb then you need another 60gb free to install any update even if its 1mb :( 

14 hours ago, Super Craig said:

Xbox Series X|S controllers have firmware updates as well. Can't remember if the older Xbox One controllers did or not.

The Xbox One controllers did have firmware updates, but as far as I can remember they did it once when I first set up the console, and then never again. 

I wonder what the chances of this happening are? Be an industry shaker of an announcement if it happened and Sony have traditionally had a close relationship with Netflix.

13 minutes ago, Robo_1 said:

I wonder what the chances of this happening are? Be an industry shaker of an announcement if it happened and Sony have traditionally had a close relationship with Netflix.

Zero!

What are they suggesting? That PlayStation games will be on Netflix? 

Netflix doing games has been announced hasn’t it? Isn’t this them just supporting the controllers that people have in their homes?

1 minute ago, Jonny5 said:

What are they suggesting? That PlayStation games will be on Netflix? 

Netflix doing games has been announced hasn’t it? Isn’t this them just supporting the controllers that people have in their homes?

I don't think anybody knows exactly why DS5 information would be on Netflix servers, but that's probably a safe guess. This is more just a, "what if" thing. With Playstation Now being pushed out of the spotlight by Gamepass, could people see Sony going for some sort of strategic partnership to push the next iteration of it. Ah, it was probably a bit of a daft thing to share, I just saw it, raised an eyebrow and thought it might be worth discussing... probably should have stayed in drafts in hindsight!

2 hours ago, Robo_1 said:

Jim Ryan talks shite, ignore him.