PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

Eighthours

Recommend putting the PS5 in the loft if a labour government get voted in. Heard something weird about Sector 7 bailiffs looking for Mexican or Korean goods that didn't pass port inspection or something. Doesn't make massive amount of sense to me, but Shadow Governments tend to be a bit eccentric lacking police information and just do random stuff that seems cool.

That Rachet & Clank picture points to the letters 'Nark'. Seems a combination of Quark and Narc? Typically Quark refers to the MOD.

"3. n. A person that turns you in for something you did wrong; specifically to any type of authority figure like parents, cops, teachers, boss, etc. "

Sounds a bit Sector 7, yep.

2 hours ago, centurion said:

Recommend putting the PS5 in the loft if a labour government get voted in. Heard something weird about Sector 7 bailiffs looking for Mexican or Korean goods that didn't pass port inspection or something. Doesn't make massive amount of sense to me, but Shadow Governments tend to be a bit eccentric lacking police information and just do random stuff that seems cool.

1 hour ago, centurion said:

That Rachet & Clank picture points to the letters 'Nark'. Seems a combination of Quark and Narc? Typically Quark refers to the MOD.

"3. n. A person that turns you in for something you did wrong; specifically to any type of authority figure like parents, cops, teachers, boss, etc. "

Sounds a bit Sector 7, yep.

Eh?

Okay. Just wanted to say that same as the social club legal agreement when you register here, there's a legal agreement you have the following phone number for Colchester Garrison, (01206 816080), cos I did make a legal agreement at school to the population. Also the thing about Playstation2 having scud missile launcher chips going around gamer news was true. Someone fixed the legal issue with this, possibly David Blunkett liked Singstar or something.

12 hours ago, dreamylittledream said:

Why on Earth do we keep letting this nut job back in?

watch yourself...if we start banning nut jobs this forum might get lonely very quickly. 😉

I am looking at SSD's in the Prime day sale but am holding off on the basis that using the internal drive (when enabled) will allow games to be run off the drive rather than shuffling between the internal and external drive. 

I terms of cost, am I right in thinking something like this is the kind of thing which may go into the internal drive?  in which case the cost is identical to using something like this as an external drive so I may hold off until the whitelist is revealed. 

Edit: realised Sony are asking for a minimum Read/write speed of 5500Mb which rules out that internal drive and would mean using something like this

7 minutes ago, tobert said:

I am looking at SSD's in the Prime day sale but am holding off on the basis that using the internal drive (when enabled) will allow games to be run off the drive rather than shuffling between the internal and external drive. 

I terms of cost, am I right in thinking something like this is the kind of thing which may go into the internal drive?  in which case the cost is identical to using something like this as an external drive so I may hold off until the whitelist is revealed. 

It's the kind of thing, but that's NVME Gen 3 and PS5 requires Gen 4 (and whitelisting) - more along the lines of this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sabrent-Internal-Maximum-Performance-SB-ROCKET-NVMe4-1TB/dp/B07TLYWMYW/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=gen+4+nvme&qid=1624276125&s=computers&sr=1-3 (do NOT buy this one, it's NOT WHITELISTED - just a pricing example).

The cost will come down, eventually. 

My PS5 was supposed to be delivered today by DPD, but they continue to be actual cunts and despite me being stood outside my flat on the road they still claimed they tried to deliver when they didn't.

:(

It's such impotent rage that you can do nothing about.

I’d be livid, DPD usually have the best tracking and maps “Dan is 2 stops away” etc. I basically have a photo album of my bare feet and shorts from all the Nike deliveries they sent during the Rona. You’d think they’d do a photo of a missed delivery too. 

Anyone had issues with games installing from disc? I’ve got Miles Morales, it gets to 81% and gets stuck with the disc spinning up for a few seconds then stopping.  Tried deleting and reinstalling but same issue.