IGNORED

PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

Eighthours

47 minutes ago, klargon said:

Haven't really been looking at this thread, but is it just me who thinks it's an ugly, tacky lump?  Set mine up last night.  I hadn't really considered the Series X to be anything amazing, but comparatively it has a significantly higher build quality.  Don't get me started on the fact that I can't plug my controller in to update the firmware because the paltry 3 USB's are already in use for the external drive and PSVR...

Not a huge fan of the looks. To be honest though it fits in rather nicely with my TV and stand.

PXL_20210514_073954943_MP.thumb.jpg.86f3a2d41aa6a27ef081dd7522ba5474.jpg

54 minutes ago, klargon said:

Don't get me started on the fact that I can't plug my controller in to update the firmware because the paltry 3 USB's are already in use for the external drive and PSVR...

If you've got one lying around I used one of these things samsung give with their phones to turn it into a C to C cable.

41oFQ6-TG7L._AC_SY580_.jpg

I've got a qu!

If I want to take advantage of the ps5 3d audio business do I need to change anything in the settings? There's a stereo or surround headphones option, which should I be using? Got the Audeze Penrose so I think stereo but just want to make sure. Playing tlou2 and sounds amazing but want to make sure taking full advantage etc.

6 hours ago, klargon said:

Haven't really been looking at this thread, but is it just me who thinks it's an ugly, tacky lump?  Set mine up last night.  I hadn't really considered the Series X to be anything amazing, but comparatively it has a significantly higher build quality.  Don't get me started on the fact that I can't plug my controller in to update the firmware because the paltry 3 USB's are already in use for the external drive and PSVR...

Looks like a really large futuristic router. I mocked the look of the thing before it was launched but I quite like it now. The Series X is far too bland.

I’ve had my new PS5 now for a couple of days and now it’s stuck.

Upon starting it says “Repairing console storage..” gets to 32% then reboots and repeats.

I tried going into Safe Mode, but where it says ‘connect controller and press the PS’ button’ , I connect using the original cable and press the button…. Nothing happens.

Anyone have any clues?

5 minutes ago, Unsettled said:

Upon starting it says “Repairing console storage..” gets to 32% then reboots and repeats.

I tried going into Safe Mode, but where it says ‘connect controller and press the PS’ button’ , I connect using the original cable and press the button…. Nothing happens.

Anyone have any clues?

Are you plugging the pad into the front USB port? Have you tried the ones on the back?

18 hours ago, fretnoise said:

Lunch break over.  Turning HDCP back on meant I got 5 black screens in a 25 minute blast of WRC9.  I turned it back off for 5 minutes and got no black screens in that time - not conclusive but I ran out of time.

Nice long session on WRC9 and Destiny 2 last night with HDCP switched off, without a single black screen.  Think that’ll do for me :) Thanks for your help everyone.

On 30/10/2020 at 15:31, SeanR said:

I got this splitter (excuse the render)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07NW3GB34/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

image.png.7adaa2f01c0672be6856f91685ff06c8.png

start of september, to throw my retroconsoles at a telly, and an HDMI-USB capture thing at the same time.

Right now I'm using it as an extension cable to pass the pro to a 1080p panny, with supersampling enabled, rather than the 4k main TV. Looks pretty pretty good.

splitter died...

38 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

Really? But it was from Amazon and made in China. Must be some kind of mistake.

I bet the seller doesn’t exist anymore.

I shat myself, thinking my PS4pro hdmi had finally died from the constant switching with the xbox1x (and various upscaled older consoles), in the very week my PS5 had arrived.

[edit]
seller is still there, and I’ve left an Amazon review

Edited by SeanR

And then my ps5 isn’t showing an image? It’s on, but completely black screen.

try the other hdmi ports on the telly, nothing

remove PSVR from the chain, nothing

try the ps5 in the unused hdmi switch for the virgin TiVo nothing

turn off the ps5 

unplug everything 

wait

power and hdmi straight to the telly

boots. With a picture

Didn’t shutdown properly warning, but happy.

proper shutdown, reconnect EVERYTHING. Boot up... 

external drive needs repairing, and back to normal.

the ps5 wasn’t going/hasn’t gone through the splitter that failed earlier. 

coincidence, right?

21 hours ago, Unsettled said:

Anyone have any clues?

Unplug it from the power at the back leave it for 5 mins and try again... Seems like SeanR has found the unplug trick to sort his issue too. Hopefully it will work for you if you've not tried it already.

I'm having a blast playing Miles Morales. Such a good, fun game. I may have to stump up for the remastered original when I'm done. The performance RT mode is just lovely.

I was also surprised to find I really like the new controller a lot. It looks amazing and feels really good to hold.

6 minutes ago, petrolgirls said:

Both Playstation and Xbox controllers are improved to a surprising degree this gen. 

the dual-sense is a chonky unit, and the buttons feel weirdly rubbery, for a plastic.

but the haptics...

32 minutes ago, SeanR said:

No PS4 cross-play FIFA21 if you upgrade to the ps5 version  

which is shitty when you’re 12, and not all your friends have ps5s... so we’re not upgrading it yet.

You can have both ps4 and ps5 versions installed, then choose to load ps4 version when he wants to play with mates. Massive faf.