Jump to content

PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!


Eighthours
 Share

Recommended Posts

What I don't understand is why they don't have records of all the crashes. Every time my PS5 has done this, upon reboot I have the option of sending the info to Sony, and I always do, every time. They must have near 30 reports by now, and surely in that info would be the serial number of my machine? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Thor said:

What I don't understand is why they don't have records of all the crashes. Every time my PS5 has done this, upon reboot I have the option of sending the info to Sony, and I always do, every time. They must have near 30 reports by now, and surely in that info would be the serial number of my machine? 

All crash reports will be anonomysed, they'll know they're happening to the same console but it won't be associated with your serial number.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Has anyone else had large amounts of space go missing on their external hard drive, or maybe you've not noticed?

 

There was a large FO76 update yesterday but I didn’t have the space, so I freed up more than it wanted but again it said I was out of space. I ended up deleting/moving multiple games, trying to cancel and delete the update, restarting and rebuilding the database multiple times before I finally got it updated.

 

Once it was finally done, I was down to 1.2TB of games but showing as 1.7TB used. Using the PS4 I could see the Other folder was now 460GB, some will be updates for other games but not that much. I wonder if it’s been allocating space for updates, failing but then not releasing that space. I’ve had a few problems with failed updates recently, ce-107857-8 seems to have become pretty common.

 

I had to format the drive to get the space back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Popo said:

I haven’t checked to confirm the system update is installed yet, but my PS5 has stopped turning itself on when the TV is switched to the connected source. Just me?


So yes, the PS5 updated itself while in rest mode, so the latest firmware seems to have fixed this issue. Huzzah!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Spacehost said:

All crash reports will be anonomysed, they'll know they're happening to the same console but it won't be associated with your serial number.

Am I being thick, or does that not make any sense?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Thor said:

Am I being thick, or does that not make any sense?

They'll know that a unit with unique analytics ID XYZABC123 will have a set of reports associated with it so they can identify patterns in error reports on the same device rather than just broad patterns across all devices. They won't know what actual console that is because tying that data back to a specific individual's specific unit is somewhat taboo. Even Google anonymise crash report data.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Spacehost said:

They'll know that a unit with unique analytics ID XYZABC123 will have a set of reports associated with it so they can identify patterns in error reports on the same device rather than just broad patterns across all devices. They won't know what actual console that is because tying that data back to a specific individual's specific unit is somewhat taboo. Even Google anonymise crash report data.

Eeeh, I did wonder if it was data protection stuff. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

i don't think it will fit in the cabinet, will have to stand up on the side table next to the X... hoping its not that much bigger


It bloody well is that much bigger, it’s a proper unit :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I respect Shopto and their policy of resetting your password if you have been inactive for a long time... But at least send me a rest PW email when I request it... Clearly they don't want my money. Really don't want to use Amazon again but Shopto ain't making it easy to take my money.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Thor said:

They want the machine back, again. Good thing I kept the box they sent it in. They also wanted to see the video I took and requested the youtube link, which I have sent them. Means I won't get to play Returnal, but I was always on the fence with that game anyway. 

 

I'll be sending the PS5 back on Friday - raiding tomorrow night on Destiny 2.

 

Priorities. :coffee:


I’d be insisting they sent me a new one, they tried and failed to repair it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Right I've totally ballsed up the family management part of things...

 

I had an old PSN account which I completely forgot about so I created a new one which i used to set the PS5 up. I then created a PSN account for my son and made my new account the parent account for his one.

 

When I was telling others to add me up to their friends list they reminded me I had an account already. Went through the password reset process and managed to get access to it and log in to it.

 

The plan now is to remove my son's account from the new account, delete the new account and make my old account the parent account for my son.

 

Hwever I can't see a single thing anywhere, either on the console or via logging in on the laptop and Google isn't really bringing anything up either.

 

Anyone been in this situation before and can offer a solution? Failing that I'll give Sony a call tomorrow and see what they can do.

 

Thanks in advance!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

Right I've totally ballsed up the family management part of things...

 

I had an old PSN account which I completely forgot about so I created a new one which i used to set the PS5 up. I then created a PSN account for my son and made my new account the parent account for his one.

 

When I was telling others to add me up to their friends list they reminded me I had an account already. Went through the password reset process and managed to get access to it and log in to it.

 

The plan now is to remove my son's account from the new account, delete the new account and make my old account the parent account for my son.

 

Hwever I can't see a single thing anywhere, either on the console or via logging in on the laptop and Google isn't really bringing anything up either.

 

Anyone been in this situation before and can offer a solution? Failing that I'll give Sony a call tomorrow and see what they can do.

 

Thanks in advance!

I think there maybe some pretty good reasons why you couldn't move your son's account to another account. If it's a new account I'd nuke it and create a new account for your son.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeh, done some useful searching and turns out its a one time setup. Can't really change his account as he's got the same username across all three online services and would want to keep that.

 

There is a workaround though, to make all three acounts part of the same family which will by and large let me achieve what I want so guess that'll have to do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nah mate, get stuck in.

 

Its really odd hearing these stories of the “other” folder taking up a couple of hundred gig.

Theres a fair few reports of it online. Apparently it’s for backward compatibility and there’s particular games that take up 5 gig in the other folder and some that take just megabytes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, JPR said:

Has anyone else had large amounts of space go missing on their external hard drive, or maybe you've not noticed?

 

There was a large FO76 update yesterday but I didn’t have the space, so I freed up more than it wanted but again it said I was out of space. I ended up deleting/moving multiple games, trying to cancel and delete the update, restarting and rebuilding the database multiple times before I finally got it updated.

 

Once it was finally done, I was down to 1.2TB of games but showing as 1.7TB used. Using the PS4 I could see the Other folder was now 460GB, some will be updates for other games but not that much. I wonder if it’s been allocating space for updates, failing but then not releasing that space. I’ve had a few problems with failed updates recently, ce-107857-8 seems to have become pretty common.

 

I had to format the drive to get the space back.


It was discussed a lot how other storage is used and grows. Do. Search online for PS5 other storage and have a read.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.