Jump to content

PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!


Recommended Posts

Jesus, Sony!

 

How difficult is it to allow for permanent alphabetization of the games installed?

 

I don't want my installed games sorted any other way. I get separating out console storage / external storage but having to choose to sort it alphabetically when I go to the installed games tab. Every. Single. Time. Is an absolute PITA.

 

Also, how's about letting users choose which tab is the default one? So, for me, it would be installed games. Y'know, so I can see what I can play straight away.

 

I get it's only a couple of button presses to do but it's all QoL stuff.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

 

 

Neither of my PS4s ever downloaded game updates, system updates at 0300 sometimes - I turned my PS4 on after a few months of it being in rest mode and it needed a FW and no games had updated so at least it’s consistent in it failing to do what it’s supposed to!

You left your PS4 in rest mode for a few months?

Dont you care about needlessly wasting energy

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

You left your PS4 in rest mode for a few months?

Dont you care about needlessly wasting energy


I thought I would play it alongside the series x esp VR but just haven’t - now I’m having to do loads of updates before I can power then damn thing down :facepalm:

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

You left your PS4 in rest mode for a few months?

Dont you care about needlessly wasting energy


Pro tip, it’s 5-6 W with everything turned on, but almost all of that comes from powering the USB ports. If you don’t charge your controllers off the console regularly, turn that bit off!

Link to post
Share on other sites

for reference

 

9EF6CB22-11DF-42BA-AC1D-47A0E48DAC15.thumb.png.548639e577d9282b53a0e9d217cc5e19.png

 

it’s bot bad. I mean it uses double the power playing ps5 games but rest mode is pretty good.

 

Just turn it off though people, x3 watts by 10 million and you get a lot of power

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, p1nseeker said:

No fixes for external drives making rest mode unusable and the unreadable disk error


I’ve had my old 5TB PS4 drive attached for months and my PS5 has never been anything other than being played or being in rest mode. It’s only crashed when playing Gods and Monsters and that was a bug introduced in an update and was since fixed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@p1nseeker let me know if you still get the disc error, mine still had it after the reboot it did when I installed the patch but I did a restart of the console and it was gone, however that's happened before so who knows.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Minion said:

@p1nseeker let me know if you still get the disc error, mine still had it after the reboot it did when I installed the patch but I did a restart of the console and it was gone, however that's happened before so who knows.

Yeah I will do. I don't have a disk in at the minute but I'm gonna stick one in to see how it reacts!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just turned on the PS5 to check if my Crucial SSD was going to work after rest mode and the console threw a hissy fit, message about not being shut down properly and then informed me it was going into rest mode and turned off. When I turned the PS5 back on my external drive is not visible at all. Back to square one then.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

Neither of my PS4s ever downloaded game updates, system updates at 0300 sometimes - I turned my PS4 on after a few months of it being in rest mode and it needed a FW and no games had updated so at least it’s consistent in it failing to do what it’s supposed to!

 

Conversely, My PS4 always seemed to do this fine.

 

My Xbox One X never does.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been doing a bit of research on SSDs recently and Crucial drives seems to have the most issues with rest mode, I’ve read mentioned about the drives going to sleep causing the issue. I don’t suppose there’s any way to configure that if you connect it to a PC?

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Since getting my PS5 I've done Astro, and then spent a short amount of time in Spiderman MM (maybe a hour or so), Bloodborne (15 minutes and hated it), TLOU (Did the opening bit, not in the mood for something bleak right now), God of War (Towed a tree down a river and burnt my wife).

 

The one thing that did stick was Uncharted 4, and I'm now approaching the end of this and wondering where to go next.  I've got PS+ so the playstation collection games what should I do next?

 

Is TLOU depressing all the way through?  Should I have a go as Days Gone? I'm thinking not as I want something fairly short I can complete rather than a life destroying 90 hour epic.  Spiderman MM is short right? I got frustrated as I spent ages on some mission only to discover it was a side mission rather than a main story mission.  I probably need to start that over from scratch as I've forgotten all the controls which doesn't help. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Jonny5 said:

Since getting my PS5 I've done Astro, and then spent a short amount of time in Spiderman MM (maybe a hour or so), Bloodborne (15 minutes and hated it), TLOU (Did the opening bit, not in the mood for something bleak right now), God of War (Towed a tree down a river and burnt my wife).

 

The one thing that did stick was Uncharted 4, and I'm now approaching the end of this and wondering where to go next.  I've got PS+ so the playstation collection games what should I do next?

 

Is TLOU depressing all the way through?  Should I have a go as Days Gone? I'm thinking not as I want something fairly short I can complete rather than a life destroying 90 hour epic.  Spiderman MM is short right? I got frustrated as I spent ages on some mission only to discover it was a side mission rather than a main story mission.  I probably need to start that over from scratch as I've forgotten all the controls which doesn't help. 

 

Stick with Spiderman. It's brilliant. 

 

I tried Days Gone for about 3 hours but ha e gave up and it's just the usual open world shite and not very interesting. 

 

After that, I don't know. My Ps5 has not been turned on apart from GT Sport Monday night races. There's nothing else I want to play to be Frank. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jonny5 said:

Since getting my PS5 I've done Astro, and then spent a short amount of time in Spiderman MM (maybe a hour or so), Bloodborne (15 minutes and hated it), TLOU (Did the opening bit, not in the mood for something bleak right now), God of War (Towed a tree down a river and burnt my wife).

 

The one thing that did stick was Uncharted 4, and I'm now approaching the end of this and wondering where to go next.  I've got PS+ so the playstation collection games what should I do next?

 

Is TLOU depressing all the way through?  Should I have a go as Days Gone? I'm thinking not as I want something fairly short I can complete rather than a life destroying 90 hour epic.  Spiderman MM is short right? I got frustrated as I spent ages on some mission only to discover it was a side mission rather than a main story mission.  I probably need to start that over from scratch as I've forgotten all the controls which doesn't help. 


Try Ratchet & Clank if you want something a bit less taxing and fun, it’s definitely not bleak :D. I’m not sure I’ve ever played a R&C game before but I’m really enjoying it and now looking forward to a Rift Apart when I hadn’t really considered it before.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jonny5 said:

Thanks @scoobysi, I'll give that a go.  I do keep looking at Sackboy, but man its expensive.


I highly recommend Sackboy, it’s another game that’s just a joy to play. Hopefully it’ll be in a sale soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Turned on my PS5 from rest mode and it was saying that the usb drive wasn't disconnected properly and was sending error reports and allsorts. So it's still fucked. 

 

I can still here the external drive whirring away while the ps5 is in restmode. Something it never did when plugged into my ps4

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, p1nseeker said:

Turned on my PS5 from rest mode and it was saying that the usb drive wasn't disconnected properly and was sending error reports and allsorts. So it's still fucked. 

 

I can still here the external drive whirring away while the ps5 is in restmode. Something it never did when plugged into my ps4

Mine isn't making any noise but is just not recognised as an external drive at all. You don't have a Crucial SSD do you?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jonny5 said:

Bloodborne (15 minutes and hated it)

Duuuuuude! Honestly try it again and persevere for at least a few hours, it is an absolutely amazing game once you get past the initial entry point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Minion said:

Duuuuuude! Honestly try it again and persevere for at least a few hours, it is an absolutely amazing game once you get past the initial entry point.

 

I really wanted to see what all the fuss was about with this.  Everything from the character creation to the menus just felt janky as hell and then when I got into the game itself it did nothing to grab me.  Some games just moving about the world is fun but I didn't get that from this, it all felt quite serious and was not at all what I was after at the time.  I just don't think its for me, but maybe I'll try again after finishing off Uncharted.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.