PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

I think we all come to that eventually. And then you can't hear your wife, kids, significant other shouting at you to do something but can bliss out playing at the same time late into the night as needed. :lol:  :D

17 minutes ago, Len said:

I think we all come to that eventually. And then you can't hear your wife, kids, significant other shouting at you to do something but can bliss out playing at the same time late into the night as needed. :lol:  :D

That's the issue.

I don't want to end up catching the sharp end of a hissy fit because I didn't hear the 3 year old call out for some random reason and this wakes up the 5 month old.

Urgh. Adulting!!

14 hours ago, teddymeow said:

That's the issue.

I don't want to end up catching the sharp end of a hissy fit because I didn't hear the 3 year old call out for some random reason and this wakes up the 5 month old.

Urgh. Adulting!!

Yeah been there - fortunately my kids are now teens so it's less of an issue. 

13 hours ago, Len said:

Lol, half off one ear is the way I do it. Sort of. :ph34r:

Ah I remember the days... 

On 21/03/2021 at 15:07, Len said:

Lol, half off one ear is the way I do it. Sort of. :ph34r:

I do this half the time. I have to listen out for my dog if he wants to go outside. I cant imagine not using them, even if I had the world's greatest sound system

Even if I could find one, I'm honestly not sure if I'd get a PS5 right now. The issues with the UI & limited Hard Drive space would seem to indicate that waiting for patches/upgrades is the smart move, but my ancient secondhand PS4 Pro is showing worrying signs of not being much longer for this world by being increasingly picky about recognising accessories & a slowly mounting number of crashes...

Guess I'll just have to run the Pro into the ground & then see how the landscape looks then.  Though whether that's tomorrow or a year from now is anyone's guess.

On 21/03/2021 at 17:29, Len said:

I get into this awful bind where the missus would rather I use headphones so she can't hear my game but then expects me to be able to hear and respond to what she's saying. <_<

1 hour ago, HarryBizzle said:

I get into this awful bind where the missus would rather I use headphones so she can't hear my game but then expects me to be able to hear and respond to what she's saying. <_<

I'm glad it's not only my wife who's insane.

1 hour ago, HarryBizzle said:

same

she also doesn’t understand that I can’t pause a game of apex, although to be fair I should probably be playing something else by this point

9 hours ago, Jarik said:

Even if I could find one, I'm honestly not sure if I'd get a PS5 right now. The issues with the UI & limited Hard Drive space would seem to indicate that waiting for patches/upgrades is the smart move, but my ancient secondhand PS4 Pro is showing worrying signs of not being much longer for this world by being increasingly picky about recognising accessories & a slowly mounting number of crashes...

Guess I'll just have to run the Pro into the ground & then see how the landscape looks then.  Though whether that's tomorrow or a year from now is anyone's guess.

If I'd had a PS4 Pro, I'd regret getting the PS5. I've had some great games on the couple of PS5 exclusives I've played, but everything else has been an (admittedly brilliant) PS4 game running betterer.

Luckily, I only had a PS4 slim, so the rock steady frame rates in Ghosts of Tsushima and Apex, coupled with insane load times have made it worth it. 

11 hours ago, Keiths_Dad said:

Dualsense charger is in stock at Amazon. If you haven't got one already, I'd highly recommend it, it's so much tidier than having a loose cable knocking about.

I recommend this too, it looks nice, it's quite weighty (which it needs to be) the controllers slot in really easily (if you had the PS4 version you'll know how important this it). The RRP is pretty good as it comes with it's own PSU so it frees up a port (unlike most 3rd party ones).

I've been trying to get a hold of a charger since launch! (and here in Canada we launched a week before you) I'm stuck with getting it at EBgames because I have a voucher with them. I check every few days. We are nearing 6 months now after launch and they STILL don't have chargers available online. How mad is that?! 

It's so bad that they are pushing these 3rd party accessories, I actually wonder if they made a deal with them and purposely avoid getting the official ones in and sell these instead.

image.png.48ec798cc54b063a19e7d34841feb9ea.png

15 minutes ago, Capwn said:

I've been trying to get a hold of a charger since launch! (and here in Canada we launched a week before you) I'm stuck with getting it at EBgames because I have a voucher with them. I check every few days. We are nearing 6 months now after launch and they STILL don't have chargers available online. How mad is that?! 

It's so bad that they are pushing these 3rd party accessories, I actually wonder if they made a deal with them and purposely avoid getting the official ones in and sell these instead.

image.png.48ec798cc54b063a19e7d34841feb9ea.png

I bet there’s more profit on them

15 hours ago, Keiths_Dad said:

Dualsense charger is in stock at Amazon. If you haven't got one already, I'd highly recommend it, it's so much tidier than having a loose cable knocking about.

I prefer a wee USB cable than putting another plug Into the wall. :)

Behind my TV is a clusterfuck of wires. Don't want to add to it. 

3 hours ago, Ry said:

I prefer a wee USB cable than putting another plug Into the wall. :)

Behind my TV is a clusterfuck of wires. Don't want to add to it. 

Same, I thought about buying one but then decided to use the money towards an additional controller instead, so I always have another charged anyway.

So I think my PS5 controller may have stick drift after only like 4 weeks of play. Playing Spiderman:MM the camera keeps jarring/turning left after I’ve moved the right analogue stick. Doesn’t happen all the time, but seems to come and go.

What’s the best way of dealing with this, open it up and spray some switch cleaner on it, or is this something that needs fully replacing under warranty? (don’t really like the idea of waiting 2 weeks for a replacement) 

29 minutes ago, Malc said:

So I think my PS5 controller may have stick drift after only like 4 weeks of play. Playing Spiderman:MM the camera keeps jarring/turning left after I’ve moved the right analogue stick. Doesn’t happen all the time, but seems to come and go.

What’s the best way of dealing with this, open it up and spray some switch cleaner on it, or is this something that needs fully replacing under warranty? (don’t really like the idea of waiting 2 weeks for a replacement) 

I don't think that's drift, i just think the controllers are shit.

I don’t have a PS5 and I have not been jumping through hoops to try and get one - just took my son into Osaka to look around the toy shops and stuff, and on a whim went to the games section of Yodobashi. The usual sign saying “we don’t have any PS5s” was not there. Looked around a bit more, noticed an extremely long queue - and a sign saying “we have PS5s! Limited availability” with today’s date.

Jumped into the queue, reached the front within 5 minutes - PS5 please - the guy said “do you have the store credit card?”, I’m like no, just the regular point card, so he basically said “sorry you need the credit card to buy one. Move along”. Foreigners can’t get approval for credit cards in Japan. Load of balls.

5 hours ago, Darwock said:

I don’t have a PS5 and I have not been jumping through hoops to try and get one - just took my son into Osaka to look around the toy shops and stuff, and on a whim went to the games section of Yodobashi. The usual sign saying “we don’t have any PS5s” was not there. Looked around a bit more, noticed an extremely long queue - and a sign saying “we have PS5s! Limited availability” with today’s date.

Jumped into the queue, reached the front within 5 minutes - PS5 please - the guy said “do you have the store credit card?”, I’m like no, just the regular point card, so he basically said “sorry you need the credit card to buy one. Move along”. Foreigners can’t get approval for credit cards in Japan. Load of balls.

That's a disgrace!!