PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

you all laugh at that 'drivel' but I reckon he's spammed other threads but nailed it in this one about why my PS5 emits a super irritating high pitched whine whilst streaming video or sitting in the UI (but not whilst playing games).

I don't like the thing, its hideous and I wish I'd been able to get an X series first as wouldn't have bothered with the PS5 if I had.

6 minutes ago, Gotters said:

I don't like the thing, its hideous and I wish I'd been able to get an X series first as wouldn't have bothered with the PS5 if I had.

Surely you buy a console for the games not its availability? 

I mean, it's hideous to look at but it has  games I wanted so... 

4 minutes ago, Mike S said:

Surely you buy a console for the games not its availability? 

I mean, it's hideous to look at but it has  games I wanted so... 

I wanted both of them and was able to get the PS5 before my X series - having done so I'm finding the PS5 is sitting there unused at the moment and I have no nice feelings towards it, unlike the X which I love.

19 hours ago, gooner4life said:

It's a matter of time, the failure rate was high on the original PS3, when mine broke and it was only the Bluray drive they just sent me a brand new console, they didn't have time to swap the drive and send mine back with everything on it.

I had a few PS3 exchanges inc my first one and they did a door step swap but it was for a refurb machine!

6 minutes ago, Gotters said:

I wanted both of them and was able to get the PS5 before my X series - having done so I'm finding the PS5 is sitting there unused at the moment and I have no nice feelings towards it, unlike the X which I love.

Well, I’m sure you could sell it without losing any money if you don’t like it, and then rebuy when there are enough games you want to play. I think it’s a great console, but the strategy behind the Series X (Game Pass, Smart Delivery etc) is elevating Microsoft’s offering for me at the moment. After the tap for the big exclusives turns on, though, I’m sure the PS5 will be essential. 

I know Centurion’s a bit crazy, but what’s he done to warrant a 90 day ban? He hasn’t been offensive or insulting, so what’s the crime?

I’d love to know what his game is though. Surely he’s not sitting there in the middle of the night typing all that nonsense up for no reason.

8 minutes ago, Gotters said:

Why don’t you just sell it or trade it in or at least if you’re not using it contact Sony to see if they’ll repair it?

Just now, scoobysi said:

Why don’t you just sell it or trade it in or at least if you’re not using it contact Sony to see if they’ll repair it?

I've got very sensitive hearing and am easily irritated by noises, not even sure it's a fault, just what they seem to do.

I don't need the money back so will just sit on it admiring its hideousness until there is something released I want to play on it. 

I've put off buying games pending obtaining a PS5, because the strategy on game save transfers is so vague.

AC Valhalla

Miles

and so on and so forth. Feel like I've also stopped playing the games I already have for the same reason.

11 minutes ago, Gotters said:

I've got very sensitive hearing and am easily irritated by noises, not even sure it's a fault, just what they seem to do.

I don't need the money back so will just sit on it admiring its hideousness until there is something released I want to play on it. 

If you like racing games get WRC9 as it’s brilliant with the Dualsense and is in the sale at the moment. If you’ve got someone to play local co-op with get Sackboy, haven’t smiled and laughed as much playing a game for ages. Maybe they’ll help you enjoy PS5.

35 minutes ago, JPL said:

I know Centurion’s a bit crazy, but what’s he done to warrant a 90 day ban? He hasn’t been offensive or insulting, so what’s the crime?

I’d love to know what his game is though. Surely he’s not sitting there in the middle of the night typing all that nonsense up for no reason.

image.png.2e1d4f9f2b49f4f8d5cf69aba80469c9.png

59 minutes ago, JPL said:

Spamming - multiple offences garnering increasing ban lengths as time has gone on

they used to get responses and derail threads but now it is just nonsense across multiple threads.

59 minutes ago, JPL said:

Previous ban was a 90 day ban for the same behaviour. 

Previously asked not to carry on as they were derailing threads. 

We've had a number of recent reports from a range of threads in regards to their posts.

I'd rather not ban them as I'm sure they are capable of some decent insight, however at present it's hidden behind an awful lot of obfuscation. 

1 hour ago, Gotters said:

I sold mine because the low but high-fequency noise just did my head in. I was also a bit embarrassed having something resembling a deep-water bottom feeder parked upright on the bookshelf.

As soon as they sort out the whine I’m getting one again though. I can live with the looks, and am no oil-painting myself.

Have they sorted the whine though?

Its been 4 months since the launch batches.

Anyone that got a ps5 in the last 2-3 weeks having the coil whine problem?

I haven’t noticed any noises from mine, and I’m certainly not going to start listening out for something as I imagine once heard you can’t unhear it. 

No whine for me, and I watched a Blu-Ray on it for the first time last night and couldn't hear the machine over the film, which other people had said was intolerable on theirs. I've had mine since the end of January, so it's not too recently that I've had it - guess I just got lucky.

4 hours ago, Gotters said:

you all laugh at that 'drivel' but I reckon he's spammed other threads but nailed it in this one about why my PS5 emits a super irritating high pitched whine whilst streaming video or sitting in the UI (but not whilst playing games).

Try a ferrite core

I've been playing on my PS5 this afternoon and the fan noise hasn't been an issue at all. Mostly because the TV has been turned up that little bit louder (i.e, normal volume) because I haven't had to worry about the game noise waking anybody up.

Maybe I need to play in the evening with doors shut to minimise the sound travelling and disturbing the sleeping kids.