PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

Eighthours

1 hour ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Looks pretty stunning that.

Good of them to put the voice/mocap talent front and centre too.

Because maybe they don’t have anything else to show ?

I was looking for an unreal engine badge. That’s why I don’t think it’ll be out next year. If it’s their own in house engine then we can count on a delay.

I really like the look of it though.

6 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

Sure but it’s not coming out next week or anything. I meant it’s a better choice than an awkward Dev or just a title reveal that you normally get with these things. 

Remember Sony showing a title card for GoW2 and then people thinking believing it was coming out this year?

Then Square show that and question it possibly coming out next year. :p

Looking at the footage they showed it doesn't seem impossible for a Q3/4 2022 release, it's been in development since 2019.

30 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

Remember Sony showing a title card for GoW2 and then people thinking it was coming out this year?

To be fair it does have 2021 at the end of the reveal :lol:

13 hours ago, Harrisown said:

I was looking for an unreal engine badge. That’s why I don’t think it’ll be out next year. If it’s their own in house engine then we can count on a delay.

I really like the look of it though.

I believe it's using their own in house Luminous Engine. Which they have been working on for a good while now, so hopefully it won't be the blocker.

On 14/03/2021 at 07:19, p1nseeker said:

Whenever I have used rest mode the PS5 won't respond to the dualsense controllers at all until I've done a full power down and restart so I've just stopped using rest mode altogether 

This only started happening after I plugged my external drive in I must add

Same

I'd send it back but I barely squeaked one anyway, so I don't fancy waiting a hundred years when I could be knocking people's heads clean off their shoulders with a silenced revolver ( :lol: ) in Cyberpunk

I would have thought the ps5 version smaller surely? Unless it’s not really a ps5 game.

I got my PS5 back finally and my controller.

only seen a picture of the box and it looks like Sony give zero shits about packaging. Looks like it’s only just big enough to fit the console in so I will have to see what shape it’s in when I get home.

interested to see if the serial number is the same, also with the controller.

Tonight though...we game!

8 minutes ago, Curtis said:

If i wanna play Destiny 2 with the extra shinies and improved framerate have i got to download the whole thing again (120GB)?

Yes, it's a separate version of the game. It should be closer to 70GB on PS5, though.

So the console Sony sent back is the one I sent off.

Everything seems fine so far. It was even updated with the latest firmware so I’m guessing it really was just the power supply.

once installed I’ll give it a good work out.

They sent me a new controller. It’s just got that unmistakable new controller feel.

I guess to Sony the controller is just something they are going to have to eat the cost on.

The packaging turns out to be really good. Could probably drop it out of a plane.

19 hours ago, Harrisown said:

So the console Sony sent back is the one I sent off.

Everything seems fine so far. It was even updated with the latest firmware so I’m guessing it really was just the power supply.

once installed I’ll give it a good work out.

They sent me a new controller. It’s just got that unmistakable new controller feel.

I guess to Sony the controller is just something they are going to have to eat the cost on.

The packaging turns out to be really good. Could probably drop it out of a plane.

Was all your stuff on it still? i'm shocked they fixed it and sent it back to be honest, thought they would just send you a replacement and fix it at some point, this indicates they don't have a huge amount of failures which is good.

19 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

Was all your stuff on it still? i'm shocked they fixed it and sent it back to be honest, thought they would just send you a replacement and fix it at some point, this indicates they don't have a huge amount of failures which is good.

Why on earth would they give out new stock and then be left with a second-hand machine they can't do all that much with? That sounds like terrible business sense.

6 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Why on earth would they give out new stock and then be left with a second-hand machine they can't do all that much with? That sounds like terrible business sense.

It's a matter of time, the failure rate was high on the original PS3, when mine broke and it was only the Bluray drive they just sent me a brand new console, they didn't have time to swap the drive and send mine back with everything on it.

33 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

It was a factory reset. It even had astros playroom on it fully updated.

obviously I completely formatted it before I sent it off and deleted Astro’s a month or two ago to make room.

On the minus side I remember the 360 coming back much quicker back in the day and I don’t think waiting nearly 3 weeks is as good as it should be but on the plus side I know my unit is silent and I’ve treated it well.

Also glad I got a brand new controller and not some dirty muppets.

39 minutes ago, Gabe said:

What would normally happen is that you’d replace badly faulty consoles with new ones for the first few months or whatever, and then at that point you would have finished refurbishing the first faulty consoles, and those would be used as replacements (instead of new machines) from then onwards. It’s advantageous if a repair might be impractical or take longer than customers might tolerate.

1 hour ago, Alex W. said:

What would normally happen is that you’d replace badly faulty consoles with new ones for the first few months or whatever, and then at that point you would have finished refurbishing the first faulty consoles, and those would be used as replacements (instead of new machines) from then onwards. It’s advantageous if a repair might be impractical or take longer than customers might tolerate.

I actually wonder if they bother doing a repair for anything other than power supply, hdmi, WiFi, disk drive issues etc

The memory and SSD is all on one board so if the SSD went bad for example I find it hard to believe they would do anything but just stick a new board in the old case with with the old power supply etc.

Also they give you 3 months warranty or the remainder of your first year. So you could get it fixed 11 months after purchase and you’ll be covered for any further faults for a another 3 months but after that....new console time.

Really hard day at work today, fell asleep for 20 minutes. Playstation went into rest mode.

Come out of the shower turned the PlayStation back on and it of course starts up with no sound....that old chestnut.

Reboot via the menu option and it’s just kind white light crashed. Nothing on the screen just a white light on the console.

When are Sony going to patch these bloody things

Edit - 10 minutes of rebooting to get a picture 

12 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

Really hard day at work today, fell asleep for 20 minutes. Playstation went into rest mode.

Come out of the shower turned the PlayStation back on and it of course starts up with no sound....that old chestnut.

Reboot via the menu option and it’s just kind white light crashed. Nothing on the screen just a white light on the console.

When are Sony going to patch these bloody things

Edit - 10 minutes of rebooting to get a picture 

I've not had this issue once dude, i think it's still faulty.

On 19/03/2021 at 12:53, Floshenbarnical said:

Same

I'd send it back but I barely squeaked one anyway, so I don't fancy waiting a hundred years when I could be knocking people's heads clean off their shoulders with a silenced revolver ( :lol: ) in Cyberpunk

Is the external drive professionally defragmented and magnetically cleaned after you reboot the PS5? Could be an EMP thing that dates from 90's electrical infrastructure. Relavant info, but most people said Toshiba lacked electron quarantine needed to make EmotionEngine, yet they did somehow.

57 minutes ago, centurion said:

Is the external drive professionally defragmented and magnetically cleaned after you reboot the PS5? Could be an EMP thing that dates from 90's electrical infrastructure. Relavant info, but most people said Toshiba lacked electron quarantine needed to make EmotionEngine, yet they did somehow.

46 minutes ago, centurion said:

Asimov Laws vs. Wet hair? Well, if you were R2D2, would you just sit in Dagobah swamp waiting to distintegrate into rust particles and melt like a hairdrier? Probably sounds futuristic, but British Rail trains were all droid networks, complete with human analysis sesnsors. We used to play ninja games with them, till the conductors told us off. Ah... crazy train days.

Are you Ummon of the technocore from the Hyperion novels, you’re talking in riddles mate

or are they koans?