PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

1 hour ago, df0 said:

Matte black plates (with optional face plate) are now available - https://dbrand.com/shop/special-edition/ps5

Looks fab in matte black.

Nice,  very tempting. However, I've noticed with mine vertical with the sides facing outwards (towards the sofa) and the cable arse tucked slightly behind the TV it camouflages  itself perfectly against the white wall behind it. It almost become invisible... Stealth BEAST!

1 hour ago, Capwn said:

3 months or so of having a PS5, it's basically been a 'PS4 Encore!' machine for me. Which is fine.

Yes indeed, Playing LoU2 in near silence is a joy, it looks pretty phenomenal already so I don't feel like I'm on a lest gen game... Everybodys Golf is better as it's now locked at 4K60. Will be playing Control tonight which I think counts as a PS5 game ;)

5 hours ago, Cyhwuhx said:

Look, the PS5 UI is incredibly bad. But don't you dare compare it to the atrocity that is the Xbox UI.

As a friendly nuchtere Dutch to another, I seriously recommend looking into the Series X UI before continuing to make this statement. You were right at some point, but now that statement hits like pliers on a pig. 

1 hour ago, Quexex said:

Yes indeed, Playing LoU2 in near silence is a joy, it looks pretty phenomenal already so I don't feel like I'm on a lest gen game... Everybodys Golf is better as it's now locked at 4K60. Will be playing Control tonight which I think counts as a PS5 game ;)

Playing Sekiro at 60fps is great, and the always on HDR is actually making it look great I'm actually enjoying it this time.

1 hour ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

As a friendly nuchtere Dutch to another, I seriously recommend looking into the Series X UI before continuing to make this statement. You were right at some point, but now that statement hits like pliers on a pig. 

I think all of the statements here about the UI, is the UI you are used too is usually your favoured UI.

40 minutes ago, Quexex said:

I think all of the statements here about the UI, is the UI you are used too is usually your favoured UI.

Let me put it this way: I have to assume that even the biggest PlayStation fan can see the benefits of a fully customizable dash. So if Sony could copy one thing from Microsoft's dash, let it be that.

53 minutes ago, Quexex said:

If you think official ones want be north of that I think you might be unpleasantly surprised.

I’m happy with white fortunately, if not I’d just put it vertical behind the TV or face on.

It looks like I'll be getting a PS5 shortly, really quite excited about it!

Is it similar to the Series X where everything on PS4 is playable on PS5 and I just download what I want to play from that catalogue?

Cheers!

1 hour ago, Simmy said:

Is it similar to the Series X where everything on PS4 is playable on PS5 and I just download what I want to play from that catalogue?

More or less, there's maybe 20 games that have been blacklisted and unless it's a poorly reviewed Assassin's Creed you probably won't notice.

28 minutes ago, p1nseeker said:

Ever since I plugged my external HDD in every time I turn my ps5 on it says the disk in the drive is unreadable. I have to eject and re-insert. Is this a known issue?

First I've heard of it anyway.

1 hour ago, p1nseeker said:

Ever since I plugged my external HDD in every time I turn my ps5 on it says the disk in the drive is unreadable. I have to eject and re-insert. Is this a known issue?

It's a known issue. I have been having this issue since I first played a PS4 game off the external HDD I posted about it early Jan, I've not yet found a solution, the best I've got is to move the PS4 game your playing to the internal drive, so I am playing Sekiro at present and it seems to stop the problem for at least one power off/on cycle before returning, it's odd. I've looked all over and tried several fixes and this has been the most successful. The other one was to remove the drive and reattach, I haven't tried database rebuilds or anything like that because I can't be arsed, it is a pain. If you find a solution please let me know.