PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

Just now, Dirty Harry Potter said:

The aesthetics of consoles are up there with the aesthetics of washing machines.

Might be true if you kept your console out of the way in the kitchen and it wasn't sat directly under your TV staring at you every evening.

15 minutes ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

I'm building up a pile of PS4 games I'm holding off playing till I get a PS5 but every time I go to check stock, I see a picture of the thing and decide to wait for a redesign or at least an all black console. It's so damn ugleh.

It is the most hideous looking consumer electronics I have ever bought and still annoys me every time I see it which is all the time I am looking at the TV given that it's enormous white bendiness draws the eye so much. Black replacement plates cannot come soon enough.

Still, some fine games so far and that's the important thing I guess..

2 minutes ago, Dirty Harry Potter said:

I quite like the PS5, but if the look of a console is putting you off it, you’re playing wrong.

The aesthetics of consoles are up there with the aesthetics of washing machines.

I do not have a washing machine sitting in my eyeline in the living room.

2 hours ago, Super Craig said:

I can see Sony holding back stock for a bigger drop at the end of the month for when folk get paid. Hopefully increasing the chances of non-scalpers getting one.

trickle some now. Let the scalpers stock up. Then BOOM! flood  the market with product.

Hilarity ensues...

2 hours ago, Super Craig said:

I can see Sony holding back stock for a bigger drop at the end of the month for when folk get paid. Hopefully increasing the chances of non-scalpers getting one.

Its far more likely Sony are selling to the scalpers direct cutting out the middleman, as if Sony gives a shit about its customers :lol:

12 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Its far more likely Sony are selling to the scalpers direct cutting out the middleman, as if Sony gives a shit about its customers :lol:

They care about making money. And they'll make more if game-buying customers get the consoles.

5 hours ago, Dirty Harry Potter said:

I spend more time in my kitchen, than I do my living room. Go figure!

Is that where you keep your PS5? I suppose it fits the description of white goods. ;)

My days, the last 1hr of MM is pretty awesome. Felt more connected to the characters than I have felt before. Great end game so much of the pretties too, RT60 all the way. That's going to be a hard act to follow. Lol post credits scene...

Nice

13 hours ago, Quexex said:

My days, the last 1hr of MM is pretty awesome. Felt more connected to the characters than I have felt before. Great end game so much of the pretties too, RT60 all the way. That's going to be a hard act to follow. Lol post credits scene...

Nice

A brilliant game to play, especially on a PS5 at Christmas, the new abilities worked well and RT 60 was perfect. A very small criticism is that they cut back on the crimes just had a little too much as I found myself repeating them, all in all a much better paced game though.

I’ll come back to it in a few months to NG+/Platinum it.

15 hours ago, Quexex said:

RT60 all the way.

1 hour ago, scoobysi said:

RT 60 was perfect.

So is the consensus that this mode is worth the trade-offs, like pedestrian density and stuff? Have played everything PS5 in 60 up to now.

44 minutes ago, wretcherd said:

So is the consensus that this mode is worth the trade-offs, like pedestrian density and stuff? Have played everything PS5 in 60 up to now.

It gets my vote. I only play it on this setting and to be fair, there's still a fair amount of cars and pedestrians.

52 minutes ago, wretcherd said:

Pedestrian density adds nothing, nice framerate and shinies add much. 

7 hours ago, wretcherd said:

Played it in all 3 modes. RT 60 is absolutely the only way to play. It’s fucking miraculous.

15 hours ago, Lovelyman said:

Surely they are ending up in game buying customers' hands. 

They would rather that individual spent the extra hundreds on games and accessories than lining the pockets of scalpers 

23 hours ago, teddymeow said:

How do you use voice recognition on PS5?

If I go to the search bar and highlight the microphone it tells me to connect to the PSN to use but I am connected to the PSN.

It seems the voice stuff hasn't been switched on yet.