PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

I think everyone assumed Ratchet and Clank would be a Q1 or Q2 release but I'm not so sure now. They'd be more specific if they were planning to launch it in a few months surely?

If I were Jim From Finance, I’d probably be wondering what the point of releasing an exclusive like R&C is, without any hardware to sell along side it. Maybe they’re waiting until April or whenever they can satisfy demand and then can release it to drive more sales. 

I do wonder if there's going to be a 

"Here's half a million of them, also 2 new games out this week" thing, they seem to have restocked more sporadically up to now than MS.

3 minutes ago, Dudley said:

I do wonder if there's going to be a 

"Here's half a million of them, also 2 new games out this week" thing, they seem to have restocked more sporadically up to now than MS.

I think they're just selling them as fast as they're making them now, aren't they? Every time they report a sold figure, it seems to be bigger than last time.

1 hour ago, HarryBizzle said:

If I were Jim From Finance, I’d probably be wondering what the point of releasing an exclusive like R&C is, without any hardware to sell along side it. Maybe they’re waiting until April or whenever they can satisfy demand and then can release it to drive more sales. 

How very astute, yeah although that's a good strategy even if you are not from finance!

3 hours ago, Quexex said:

Latest from CES shows a good line up of exclusive games for 2021 and beyond - strangely this list appeared on the end card of their CES video

Hitman 3 - January 2021

Is Hitman 3 an exclusive? I'll be a little sad if it's not available elsewhere, even though I have a PS5!

13 minutes ago, Wiper said:

Is Hitman 3 an exclusive? I'll be a little sad if it's not available elsewhere, even though I have a PS5!

It's not, I think they're just promoting it as the VR mode is PSVR exclusive for now. That and the fact it's basically the only big game on the system until about March.

Can I add a new SSD yet, or have they announced when that will be supported?

I installed a few PS4 games on the SSD and filled it up, but the faster loading times make me want to leave them there, rather than shift them to an external drive.

1 hour ago, catinthehat said:

Can I add a new SSD yet, or have they announced when that will be supported?

I installed a few PS4 games on the SSD and filled it up, but the faster loading times make me want to leave them there, rather than shift them to an external drive.

Plug in an external SSD and move the PS4 games there.

I also really dislike the obnoxious beep the thing makes when you switch it on. Same with PS4.

They could have made it a far nicer sound.

Sorting games needs to change too.

I want folders and when I say list in alphabetical order for it to stick rather than defaulting to install date.

I think the intention is for you to use Search to get to things quickly. From the home screen you can press Triangle, Cross, Cross to start searching in about a second and results are snappy. (I'd also recommend typing using the motion sensor, as it's great once you're used to it.)

Oddly they don't seem to have voice navigation in yet on PS5, which would be a sensible option given the microphone in the controller. Not that I'd use it personally, as I find talking to technology off-putting.

1 hour ago, Ferine said:

I think the intention is for you to use Search to get to things quickly. From the home screen you can press Triangle, Cross, Cross to start searching in about a second and results are snappy. (I'd also recommend typing using the motion sensor, as it's great once you're used to it.)

Oddly they don't seem to have voice navigation in yet on PS5, which would be a sensible option given the microphone in the controller. Not that I'd use it personally, as I find talking to technology off-putting.

You can search using voice though, even quicker than motion sensor typing!

8 hours ago, teddymeow said:

I also really dislike the obnoxious beep the thing makes when you switch it on. Same with PS4.

Such a premium machine, and the went for the cheapest speaker possible for the power on beep... PS3 was the same as well. My 360 slim is fantastic in that regard as I have the Halo Reach SE and I get all the Halo sound effect when I turn it on... Much better imo. They could have sold us custom sound packs to offset the cost of a better speaker/audio hardware...

5 hours ago, BabelRich said:

Gone again already. Bloody hell. 

:lol:

I've been dipping in and out of PS5 news for a few weeks, seems pandemic or not this new console is impossible to obtain. If this website's little pull down option to display "See when shops last had stock" then no UK retailer has anything since 3/4th December.

https://www.hotstock.io/uk/p/playstation-5-console

Not in the US of course, just last week

Brexit?

55 minutes ago, englishbob said:

Brexit?

Didn’t the government negotiate a deal with Japan quite early on?

Where was the flippin’ PS5 clause? Idiots. :quote:

On 14/01/2021 at 18:36, Popo said:

Didn’t the government negotiate a deal with Japan quite early on?

Where was the flippin’ PS5 clause? Idiots. :quote:

It was a pretty shit deal, worse than the one we had through the EU, apart from they have now agreed to import a tiny amount of Stilton, which I presume they will put straight in the bin.

30 minutes ago, Mr Majestyk said:

For as long as CEX are offering £625 cash for a ps5, there's going to be scalpers descending on any stock like the plague of locusts they are. 

True. But as long as people are willing to pay silly money for a PS5 CEX will keep offering the cash.

Supply will catch up with demand eventually. Just might take a bit of time.