PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

7 hours ago, Sarlaccfood said:

You can download frostpunk too right?

Yup, but there's only so much space on my PS5's storage, and I'm kind of para about filling it up. Streaming is working just great for this type of game, I forget that it's not local pretty much immediately.

I still can’t believe that Sony’s finest have been incapable of putting out an update that stops PS4 games with PS5 upgrades from installing the PS4 version every fucking time you turn the console on if you have the temerity to leave the disc in. I’m enjoying much about the console in general, but this aspect is just a bad user experience.

If they’re unable to produce an update that does that, they really need to put one out that stops PS4 upgrades from requiring the disc full-stop, regardless of any losses from the second hand market.

5 minutes ago, Rain Birds said:

I still can’t believe that Sony’s finest have been incapable of putting out an update that stops PS4 games with PS5 upgrades from installing the PS4 version every fucking time you turn the console on if you have the temerity to leave the disc in. I’m enjoying much about the console in general, but this aspect is just a bad user experience.

If they’re unable to produce an update that does that, they really need to put one out that stops PS4 upgrades from requiring the disc full-stop, regardless of any losses from the second hand market.

This is the issue i'm having. Royal pain in the arse

33 minutes ago, Majora said:

Can pick up Demon's Souls for £48 brand new at the moment on eBay if you've been waiting for the price to go down:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/demons-souls-ps4799-ebay-at-boss-deals-with-pack20-code-3642447

Oh, very tempting...alas, I’m shit at those games at the best of times, let alone when I’m spaced out with COVID.

Is Sackboy any good?

1 hour ago, sid said:

Sackboy is amazing esp if you have kids

dont miss it

(and I hate lbp games)

I have picked up another pad for this to play with the Mrs but its still a bit pricey so going to wait it out I think. Tempting though. 

18 minutes ago, Parappa said:

I have picked up another pad for this to play with the Mrs but its still a bit pricey so going to wait it out I think. Tempting though. 

Ebay deals today

C8123638-8CDD-4E23-81B9-9E189FB14920.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Parappa said:

The PS4 version has a free upgrade to PS5, and its £39.99 using the 20% off code on eBay if that’s any help to you?

53 minutes ago, CrichStand said:

The PS4 version has a free upgrade to PS5, and its £39.99 using the 20% off code on eBay if that’s any help to you?

Oh really. So no point in buying the more expensive PS5 version? Seems a bit silly? 

13 minutes ago, Parappa said:

Oh really. So no point in buying the more expensive PS5 version? Seems a bit silly? 

No point at all!

It’s definitely a bit daft! You’re getting a PS4 and PS5 version of the game for less than just the PS5 version alone! I’ve bought AC Valhalla, Watchdogs and WRC9 all PS4 disc copies, because they have free PS5 upgrades. Saved about £40 over buying the PS5 disc versions.

9 minutes ago, CrichStand said:

No point at all!

It’s definitely a bit daft! You’re getting a PS4 and PS5 version of the game for less than just the PS5 version alone! I’ve bought AC Valhalla, Watchdogs and WRC9 all PS4 disc copies, because they have free PS5 upgrades. Saved about £40 over buying the PS5 disc versions.

Madness. 

A work chum had the trigger go on his PS5 pad so called Sony, after 2 hours and 3 dropped calls they were useless (as ever) but he called Argos and after reminding them of their responsibilities as the retailer they agreed to send a new pad out.  

He was a bit surprised when two hours later a courier turned up with his new pad and told him to bin the old one... apparently h fix is pretty easy but may be helpful to anyone on here with the issue who bought from a Argos!

15 minutes ago, joemul said:

When the hell are they going to make more consoles available? This is ridiculous now. 

And here I was thinking the state of the world had anything to do with it. 

I imagine they'll be available when they've built them and shipped them halfway across the world to the country that just torched most of its trade deals and no driver wants to take a job to.

4 hours ago, joemul said:

When the hell are they going to make more consoles available? This is ridiculous now. 

The world situation is certainly to blame. Which country are they manufactured in? If you are in the UK you can assume that you are last in the food chain behind Japan, The US, and mainland Europe. Sometimes the thrill of the chase (of getting one) is more than the actual reason why you'd want or actually need one right now.

I've almost completely closed off to the fact that the PS5 actually exists now. I only want one to play Demon Souls on it, and to speed up some PS4 games. Will probably look like picking on up later in the year, probably after the first hardware revision, and maybe when they have an answer on the storage issue.

19 hours ago, joemul said:

I'm hoping that they're waiting until they can release a decent amount of stock, so it's not too difficult to get one. Xbox stock has been slowly trickling out, and I think if they do similar with PS5, it's largely going to end up in the hands of scalpers and create more frustration than it relieves.

2 hours ago, gooner4life said:

@Harrisown the stale tiles on the PS5 home menu can be fixed by restoring licences.

Yep. I’ve had to do it a few times now.

Today and last night actually, I noticed my good controller is starting to feel a little less than perfect. You know when you get a button that just doesn’t feel right to press, like a snap in place feel. That’s now my touchpad.

So stick drift on one, snappy touchpad on the other. Not impressed.

Latest from CES shows a good line up of exclusive games for 2021 and beyond - strangely this list appeared on the end card of their CES video

image.png.c20658a83975b40d78e59721e1dee5a3.png 

Hitman 3 - January 2021

Returnal - March 19, 2021

Kena: Bridge of Sprits - March 2021

Solar Ash - June 2021

Little Devil Inside - July 2021

Ghostwire: Tokyo - October 2021

Stray - October 2021

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - 2021

Horizon: Forbidden West - 2021

Project Athia - January 2022

Pragmata - 2023

34 minutes ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

I think we all knew God of War wasn't going to make it this year. 

No GT7 either, although I expect that will make it out the door this year, Sony have just been burned to many times by Polyphony to actually set a date!