PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

Despite being a bit crashy I'm loving Miles Morales, the RT 60 mode is truly next gen, without the compromises it had at launch. It's the perfect winter game and great for dipping in for a quick 20min mission or side quest especially with the speed of the SSD

26 minutes ago, Quexex said:

Despite being a bit crashy I'm loving Miles Morales, the RT 60 mode is truly next gen, without the compromises it had at launch. It's the perfect winter game and great for dipping in for a quick 20min mission or side quest especially with the speed of the SSD

Yeah, the RT 60 mode is what all devs should be aiming for in future. It’s a great balance of shinies and performance.

I think Miles is the first game with optional side mission/activity content that I’ve ever actually 100% completed. There is literally nothing else of note for me to do (bar NG+), which makes me a bit sad.

Best game I’ve played in years, absolutely nailed on 10/10.

1 hour ago, Quexex said:

It definitely seems more crashy for some than others, must just come down to luck in avoiding specific situations in the game. Great game though and love the way you can be in the game in less than 10 secs from dash. The RT 60 mode is fantastic, some of the areas later in the game look amazing. I also thought it was quite cool how they have the weather come in so that from up high you can hardly see any distance across the city at times and they didn’t feel the need to be shiny shiny all the time.

1 hour ago, Uncle Mike said:

I wonder if the RT60 might be a little hard on the machine, because after I got the first MM patch, I didn't get any crashes. But I'd finished it before the RT60 mode was released.

It's quite possible that it introduced so.e new bugs, equally possible that you managed to avoid the certain combination of events that could trigger the crash in your play through. Such is the nightmare of testing open world games. Being in development for decades these issues rarely bother me though. Also helped by the fact you can get back to where you were so bloody quickly.

1 hour ago, sbrandon111 said:

I was lucky to have the original Spider-Man in my pile of shame on the PS4 so I’ve been playing through the remaster on PS5 before I play MM. Loving the remaster.

I'm half regretting not doing Spiderman first as I think starting it after MM may not work out. 

Read somewhere that MM was only 6hrs long, I've certainly played much more than that and I'm only halfway through. I even forgot to access the app so hadn't been doing any of those side quests until recently. Although I have been getting all the crates and time capsules.

So far I've had one crash on Demon's in the first week and a couple days ago Valhalla crashed on me during a raid.

I turned off rest mode day one after hearing problems, is that still a thing? 

3 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

I wonder if the RT60 might be a little hard on the machine, because after I got the first MM patch, I didn't get any crashes. But I'd finished it before the RT60 mode was released.

I started on the RT60 mode then after about 6 hours I changed it to the quality mode to see what the differences were. Suddenly it was snowing, the streets were much busier and everything looked much sharper. It took me about 10 minutes to get used to the 30fps frame rate and I’m just playing in on the quality mode now. 
I know people are saying it’s a great balance be the 2 modes, but there are a lot of noticeable compromises. 

1 hour ago, Bobbi Champagne Jr said:

I started on the RT60 mode then after about 6 hours I changed it to the quality mode to see what the differences were. Suddenly it was snowing, the streets were much busier and everything looked much sharper. It took me about 10 minutes to get used to the 30fps frame rate and I’m just playing in on the quality mode now. 
I know people are saying it’s a great balance be the 2 modes, but there are a lot of noticeable compromises. 

That’s odd, RT60 is very clear on my TV and it also snows quite heavily, perhaps you just hadn’t got to that point in the Story. I tried quality mode but switched back immediately, it just felt off after 60fps. Perhaps if I started playing from scratch in that mode it would be fine rather than part way through a session.

I'm loving the RT60 mode.

I suppose having more traffic and denser crowds would make the city feel more alive but that smooth frame rate and those shinies are a great combination.

2 hours ago, wretcherd said:

So far I've had one crash on Demon's in the first week and a couple days ago Valhalla crashed on me during a raid.

I turned off rest mode day one after hearing problems, is that still a thing? 

I've been using rest mode since launch, the only thing I have off is auto install updates. Not had an issue at all apart from MM crashes which are often well after system boot so probably unrelated. 

2 hours ago, Bobbi Champagne Jr said:

Interesting, what's great about this is having the choice. Which ever you choose you get a locked framrate which is the most important thing. Hopefully this will set the standard for this gen, it seems to be heading that way but not enough games lock at 30/60/120

Is MK11 on a free-to-play this weekend or something?

I bought physical PS5 MK11 Ultimate, decided it wasn't my cup of tea so sold it on.

Just looking at my library of games and it is listed as "In Library" and when I click through to it, it says "Download". Out of curiousity I did and I'm now sat here with a fully playable copy of the game without the disc.

All my other disc games show the little disc icon in the top right of their tile and won't start if the disc isn't there.

I quite like how the notifications are a little more context sensitive than the PS4. Things like getting a notification on a challenges and seeing your friends leader board. Feels a bit more seemless 

I think I've figured out the MK11 issue.

I played it on PS4 when it first came out then and the free PS5 upgrade for it is digital.

Strangely, I can also DL a digital PS4 copy as well if I want.

54 minutes ago, tobert said:

I quite like how the notifications are a little more context sensitive than the PS4. Things like getting a notification on a challenges and seeing your friends leader board. Feels a bit more seemless 

Definitely, plus invites can be accepted and trophy descriptions checked without going to dashboard.

That’s always happened if you use a profile on multiple machines (PS3/PS4 or whatever), if you didn’t sync your trophy list by looking at it before you shut down the PS5 wouldn’t know you already earned it on the PS4.

I'm wondering when we're going to see Ratchet & Clank.

If Returnal is being positioned as the Sony 1st party title for spring with it's March release we may not see R&C until summer. Possibly when there's a better supply of consoles about.

Looking for something new to play? Shopping at PS Store is a breeze on your PS5 console with lightning-fast browsing and a smart, fully-integrated design that makes it easy to find the perfect game.

What an absolute load of horse shit.

2 hours ago, p1nseeker said:

Is there anyway to stop this thing downloading the digital PS4 version of a game I'm playing on disk?

Does this only happen on some games? I'm using PS4 disc to play PS5 AC Valhalla and it doesn't do this.

5 hours ago, MansizeRooster said:

I've been totally wasting my PS5's time over the past month. Been playing Resi 1 remake, Resi 5, now I'm streaming FrostPunk over PSNow.

You can download frostpunk too right?