PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

I started playing Days Gone after TLOU... and really didn’t like it. Terrible characters, and writing Plus it’s not really clear why anyone is doing anything. I was only persuaded to keep playing by some of the people in the thread on here...

And man am I glad I did (and huge thanks to those that told me to keep going) as after 8 hours or so it opens up and became one of my favourite PlayStation experiences ....  it’s a massive zombie sandbox game with some story stuff. And is lots of lots of fun. Just don’t take any of it too seriously.

12 hours ago, Sng said:

Anyone else have a loose right trigger?

Noticed it when playing Watch Dogs. Suddenly the right trigger felt like it snapped and then the gun wouldn't feel right when I fired. Then after a few seconds it felt normal but the trigger feels like there's no resistance for the first 20% of movement.

It still works fine just doesn't feel quite right. To the point where shaking the controller will make that trigger flop about. 

Too early to say but the right trigger losing resistance could end up becoming the Dualsense's equivalent of the Switch's joy-con drift if this thread is anything to go by: https://www.resetera.com/threads/dualsense-triggers-failing-for-some-users.349477/

Seems to be an issue with a spring in the right trigger either snapping or coming loose.

I'm really enjoying my PS5 Digital, the fast boot and load times are making a massive difference - I'm using it far more than I used the PS4. 

No problems at all so far, fingers crossed it'll stay that way (I'll stay away from Miles Morales until it's had a few patches!). 

Running an 2TB SSD via rear USB port, Anker usb hub in second rear USB port connected to PS4 Camera/VR/Controller (for charging). Using Rest Mode constantly. DS4 and Move controllers connected successfully (though I had to try a couple of Micro USB cables before I could sync the DS4).

It would be nice to have an app for Apple TV so I could use Remote Play upstairs, that's my only bugbear and it's not really a PS5 issue (it's on iPhone/iPad, WHY is it not on Apple TV Sony?!) - the only reason I haven't passed on my PS4 so far is because I'm considering putting it upstairs, but it's rather overkill JUST for that. 

I keep looking over at the Game Pass / Xbox Series threads thinking 'should I', but I have so much to play that there's really no reason to - I blame the forum for that, FOMO!

37 minutes ago, AlexM said:

I'm really enjoying my PS5 Digital, the fast boot and load times are making a massive difference - I'm using it far more than I used the PS4. 

No problems at all so far, fingers crossed it'll stay that way (I'll stay away from Miles Morales until it's had a few patches!). 

Running an 2TB SSD via rear USB port, Anker usb hub in second rear USB port connected to PS4 Camera/VR/Controller (for charging). Using Rest Mode constantly. DS4 and Move controllers connected successfully (though I had to try a couple of Micro USB cables before I could sync the DS4).

It would be nice to have an app for Apple TV so I could use Remote Play upstairs, that's my only bugbear and it's not really a PS5 issue (it's on iPhone/iPad, WHY is it not on Apple TV Sony?!) - the only reason I haven't passed on my PS4 so far is because I'm considering putting it upstairs, but it's rather overkill JUST for that. 

I keep looking over at the Game Pass / Xbox Series threads thinking 'should I', but I have so much to play that there's really no reason to - I blame the forum for that, FOMO!

Pretty much my exact setup. Been using rest mode since launch with an external SSD for PS4 games. Apart from the odd crash in MM I've had no real issues.

I'll get a XsX at some point especially if they get Halo right. For now I have my own equivalent of game pass with a 4TB drive stuffed with PS4 games accumulated from PSPlus since launch, plus every first party exclusive. So much backlog, adding to it is not going to help, despite a bit of FOMO.

11 hours ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

Cheers, guys. Thought I'd give Days Gone a try while it's free. Seems to be pretty divisive, like Marmite. Well I bloody love Marmite so bring it right on.

Days Gone is amazing.

One of the real PS4 highlights for me and probably my second favourite platform exclusive after Bloodborne.

I played it over the summer having ignored it on release as it looked so generic and uninspiring but turns out it is absolutely ace. It has it's quirks but I ended up being properly invested in the primary character and their story arc and never got bored of the world and the various sub-missions. I tried to play it on the PS5 before Christmas as I need to mop up the various collectibles and so on having completed the main game but the cloud save form the PS4 was knackered. Shame as I think it has been upped to 60fps for the PS5.

Enjoy! 

2 hours ago, AlexM said:

Same. I have now ordered/preordered a Series S twice and then cancelled it as if I actually stop and think about it I just don’t need it at the moment with the big stack of great titles have to play on the PS5 (and access to essential Game Pass only games via my Xbox One which still runs them fine).

FOMO can be a loud voice on the shoulder though and if it hadn’t been for the lack of space in my cabinet for a full fat XsX I’d probably have caved on one of those already. I expect I’ll make the leap once the proper Xbox Studios games start finally landing.

3 hours ago, AlexM said:

Xbox has Apple TV...

I have fomo for the PS5 but the combination of nothing I want to play and no stock are helping me stay strong, it’s a good flip from PS4 to series x and vice versa I imagine while knowing as always all machines bought for exclusives but we are a couple of years away from that being essential either way!

So......one of my mates got a PS5 for him and his kids for Christmas. He's playing on a 55inch LG OLED, not sure of the model. On the dashboard he's getting little graphical flecks of what looks almost like static on the screen. It apparently doesn't do it in game though. He's been offered a replacement or repair by Sony.

Machine is well ventilated, he's not used rest mode, and no external drive been connected. Anyone got any idea what the problem could be? GPU? Seems weird why it'd not do it in game if so.

9 minutes ago, CrichStand said:

So......one of my mates got a PS5 for him and his kids for Christmas. He's playing on a 55inch LG OLED, not sure of the model. On the dashboard he's getting little graphical flecks of what looks almost like static on the screen. It apparently doesn't do it in game though. He's been offered a replacement or repair by Sony.

Machine is well ventilated, he's not used rest mode, and no external drive been connected. Anyone got any idea what the problem could be? GPU? Seems weird why it'd not do it in game if so.

Is he using the HDMI lead that came with it? I’ve had similar problems with third party cables before.

11 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

Xbox has Apple TV...

I have fomo for the PS5 but the combination of nothing I want to play and no stock are helping me stay strong, it’s a good flip from PS4 to series x and vice versa I imagine while knowing as always all machines bought for exclusives but we are a couple of years away from that being essential either way!

He wants Remote Play on the Apple TV box.

31 minutes ago, JPL said:

Is he using the HDMI lead that came with it? I’ve had similar problems with third party cables before.

Yeah also making sure it's not PCMODE on the TV introduces a similar glitch (although that happens in game as well).

12 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

Xbox has Apple TV...

Playstation has Apple TV as well, he's saying the Apple TV device doesn't have a PlayStation remote play app.

2 hours ago, JPL said:

Think so. I'll mention it to him. He said he'd unplugged the lead then plugged it back in and that had stopped it for a couple of minutes before it started again. Sounds really weird, especially with it just being on the dashboard. Appreciate the help!

15 minutes ago, p1nseeker said:

Are the dualsense charging docks still hard to get?

I think so, not checked since I got mine. The official one is worth the wait though. It's surprisingly heavy although necessary for a dock it's not something 3rd party docks seem to be. It has its own power supply so you can charge without powering the USB during rest mode. The actual process of docking the controller is better than the rather fiddly official PS4 one and doesn't require additional USB cludges. Finally it matches the look and style of the PS5 perfectly. 

19 minutes ago, p1nseeker said:

I need one then. Can't seem to find one anywhere

I've had one on order with Currys since late November, no news as to when I'll actually get it though.

The scalpers moved on to these once PS5 supplies dried up and they've been selling for stupid money. Give it a few weeks and they'll hopefully be everywhere.

22 hours ago, Quexex said:

Yeah also making sure it's not PCMODE on the TV introduces a similar glitch (although that happens in game as well).

I think that depends on your tv! 
the newer C9 & CX aren’t like that! 
It could well be the cable. 

On 30/12/2020 at 22:51, Majora said:

Too early to say but the right trigger losing resistance could end up becoming the Dualsense's equivalent of the Switch's joy-con drift if this thread is anything to go by: https://www.resetera.com/threads/dualsense-triggers-failing-for-some-users.349477/

Seems to be an issue with a spring in the right trigger either snapping or coming loose.

Mine went last week.:(

It still works and there are videos showing how to fix it...kind of(take the spring out and just flip it and put it back) but im shit at fixing things even tho its only 4 screws im worried id mess up and make things worse.

Anyone got themselves a 2 or 3 metre charge cable instead of the dock?

Will any cheapy amazon one do?

Is C to C better/worse/exactly the same? (No having to check which way up it goes I guess)

Any problems/recommendations?

27 minutes ago, wretcherd said:

Is C to C better/worse/exactly the same? (No having to check which way up it goes I guess)

I have a 2m standard USB to C cable, it is used with an iPhone plug and it charges just fine

5 hours ago, Kevvy Metal said:

I think that depends on your tv! 
the newer C9 & CX aren’t like that! 
It could well be the cable. 

My C9 did that in PCMODE apparently I need to factory reset the TV to clear it but I cba atm as the gains don't make it worth it

2 hours ago, wretcherd said:

A C to a C cable would be quite useful as I often have my wireless headset dongle plugged in the front as it’s easier to access when I want to use on PC/Switch. Any recommendations?

Rather than buying a dock I’ll probably put the money towards another controller.

1 hour ago, bumgut said:

I think it will be minimum mid March before there’s enough supply for scalping to have disappeared.

Yeah, but the bottoms fallen out of the eBay market for the charging dock. They were selling for north of 60quid before Christmas. Now selling for around 40 which is only a tenner more than the RRP.

3 minutes ago, Quexex said:

Yeah, but the bottoms fallen out of the eBay market for the charging dock. They were selling for north of 60quid before Christmas. Now selling for around 40 which is only a tenner more than the RRP.

They can ramp up production of charging docks much faster than ps5s though

24 minutes ago, bumgut said:

They can ramp up production of charging docks much faster than ps5s though

Indeed, I expect there are much better profit margins on them as well.