PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

23 minutes ago, JPL said:

To be honest, there’s only Demon’s Souls I’m interested in at the minute. Other than that Gamepass beats it hands down for me.

What you on about ‘proper next gen console’ as well? I know you’ve got an irrational hatred of Xbox for some weird reason, but the hardware is well up to the job. They just need to start cracking the whip on all those studios they’ve bought.

Keep telling yourself that and you might eventually believe it, Jon!

Anyway, out of interest I hooked up my Dual Shock 4 to my PS5 today. Messed about in the menus then played some Shenmue, Tetris Effect and GTA with it. Feels so small in the hand after being used to the DualSense!

7 minutes ago, Haribokart said:

Keep telling yourself that and you might eventually believe it, Jon!

Anyway, out of interest I hooked up my Dual Shock 4 to my PS5 today. Messed about in the menus then played some Shenmue, Tetris Effect and GTA with it. Feels so small in the hand after being used to the DualSense!

Keep telling myself what, that I’m only interested in DS at the moment or the Series X is a solid console?

I absolutely believe both, because it’s fact. I don’t know what else to say. You’re not the best person to speak to about having a balanced opinion though!

1 minute ago, JPL said:

Keep telling myself what, that I’m only interested in DS at the moment or the Series X is a solid console?

I absolutely believe both, because it’s fact. I don’t know what else to say. You’re not the best person to speak to about having a balanced opinion though!

Come on mate, it’s only next gen if it crashes all the time and half the features firm the old console are missing - games wise it has to be a remaster, dlc or tech demo or it’s just not next gen...

Dont engage with the idiot.

1 minute ago, Shimmyhill said:

Come on mate, it’s only next gen if it crashes all the time and half the features firm the old console are missing - games wise it has to be a remaster, dlc or tech demo or it’s just not next gen...

Incorrect, but better that than than literally no games.

1 minute ago, Shimmyhill said:

Dont engage with the idiot.

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, Haribokart said:

Incorrect, but better that than than literally no games.

:lol:

I’ve got literally hundreds of games at my fingertips and plenty of them have been given a nice next gen makeover.

1 minute ago, JPL said:

:lol:

I’ve got literally hundreds of games at my fingertips and plenty of them have been given a nice next gen makeover.

spacer.png

Then I'd suggest seeing if you can find an Xbox thread and post about these definitely real games there instead of poisoning this one with your trolling. Bye!

11 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

I know Xmas Day was yesterday but let’s continue to spread the festive cheer rather than getting needlessly fractious. Most of the mod team are still recovering from all the free booze we were provided out of everyone’s subs

Im lucky (or stupid) enough to have ended up with a PS5 and a Series X and only the former feels next gen. At present. However, I had a One X and a PS4 Pro so the generational jump hasn’t been as pronounced for me as much as it will have been for others. I think once we see the release of The Medium and Returnal we’ll have a better idea of what both consoles are really capable of. 

Yeah, you’re right. There’s really no point even trying to have a discussion that’s based in any kind of reality with him. Especially when he’s already resorting to calling me a poisonous troll.

Apologies for dragging things off topic. Let’s get back to the festive cheer and those made up games I’m currently playing.

F743EA55-64A1-40EC-BA66-DB38E6C0B7EE.png

Just now, Uncle Mike said:

Literal Jesus Christ guys, given the time of year. How bad is your Christmas going, that this not even amusing back and forth is how you want to spend your time?

It’s going excellently, Mike! Thanks for asking. How’s yours?

Finally got to try someone elses PS5 Dual sense on my console side by side and... it wasn't broken. The effect is just crap :lol: I don't understand what all these reviewers were getting so excited about. It's a joke how responsive it is and even on full pelt it just feels too weak. Were they maybe supplied better pads by Sony for the vids? I love Digital Foundry but from their footage on it, was like the second coming of controllers.

I set mine up yesterday, the controller is nice but not revolutionary as some sites have claimed. 

The OS is ‘fine’, identifying what games I have in my library and what I have installed is less clear than it could be. It’s clearly based on the PS4 OS, so it shouldn’t be as muddled as it is.

The console isn’t so visually offensive in person, or as big as I feared (the OH said ‘it’s huge’, so may just be me), it could be smaller and neater but it does at least seem to be quiet. 

I have noticed the PS5 is giving my external SSD a workout while in rest mode, I have no idea what it’s doing - I’m not downloading and it’s still flashing away like crazy. 

Well my console seems to have developed a minor fault, after playing Ghost of Tsushima off of my external hdd earlier when I went to the dash there was a tile saying unsupported disc, this is the cyberpunk disc, so I ejected it and put it back in and it's fine. However whenever I boot my console it gives me the same error so I have to eject and replace the disc, rather annoying. Seems I'm not the only one to experience this from looking around, someone on reddit seemed to think removing the hdd, turning off the console and then turning the machine back on fixed it, which it did, however as soon as I reconnected the hdd and turned off/on again the message is back, so it's weirdly something to do with the hdd, I wonder if is looking for the GoT disc even though it's a digital copy, which gives me an idea, I'll play a disc based PS4 game and see what happens...

Ahh the unsupported disc thing, I think it's because Cyberpunk is a PS4 game and it's looking for it on the HDD when I installed it on the internal SSD for obvious reasons, I'll do some more testing tomorrow but it's a bit annoying that it only started after playing Ghost off the HDD, I just changed the setting to 'always install PS4 games to the extended storage' option to off so maybe that'll make a difference, who knows, it's clearly an OS issue not the drive.

59 minutes ago, Marlew said:

Some embarrassing fucking shit in here.

I honestly don't understand why these sad bastards can't just enjoy what they they've got.

And here's me PS5-less just wanting to help peeps through PBWT 5-2, again.  :seanr:

5 hours ago, Capwn said:

Sill can't believe bbciplayer is on this thing, so I still have my PS4 hooked up :facepalm:

Iirc some one mentioned the BBC drastically cut the BBC iPlayer Dev team. It is also delaying the release on the LG CX as well as others I suspect.