PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

6 minutes ago, Parappa said:

Apologies :lol:

Just now, Quexex said:

No worries, it does look very nice though, certainly worth holding out for this one rather than the 3rd party alternatives that look rubbish in comparison.

If it makes it any easier this has a European plug on it and I have tried with my shaver plug but it doesn't work. :doh:

Does anyone know what sort of adapter would work?

2 minutes ago, Parappa said:

If it makes it any easier this has a European plug on it and I have tried with my shaver plug but it doesn't work. :doh:

Does anyone know what sort of adapter would work?

Is it not a standard 2 pin cable into the power brick or is it the plug integrated into the powersupply?

12 minutes ago, Parappa said:

Thanks mate - working like a treat! 

Great, I avoided that one at the time as I thought I would have to have an EU adapter, too many wall warts already. However I watched a few video reviews and unboxings later to discover it came with a 2 pin cable to the outlet. So the plug was irrelevant I have loads of spare 2pin - uk outlet cables. Unfortunately by the time I'd done that the EU version had gone out of stock already.

45 minutes ago, Quexex said:

No worries, it does look very nice though, certainly worth holding out for this one rather than the 3rd party alternatives that look rubbish in comparison.

The official cradle uses the connectors in the bottom as well, very slick. Most third party alternatives use a weird kind of dongle in the USB-C port to charge them upside down in a cradle. Probably a weird patent thing again.

13 minutes ago, Cyhwuhx said:

The official cradle uses the connectors in the bottom as well, very slick. Most third party alternatives use a weird kind of dongle in the USB-C port to charge them upside down in a cradle. Probably a weird patent thing again.

I suspect the spec for charging ports on the bottom of the controller weren't available to 3rd parties at the time they went to manufacture so they had to opt for the USB C kludge alternative instead. 

23 minutes ago, p1nseeker said:

I must say having this nestled under my tv I've really grown to like the looks. I'd prefer it vertical but I don't have room other than behind the tv, and I want to see it!

Likewise.  It’s bonkers looking and weird, but it’s fun to look at. Even my wife likes it!

44 minutes ago, Grobbelboy said:

I like the cradle much better than the one for the DualShock 4 too, because you don’t have to place the DualSense in such a specific position for it to connect with the charging part. You just plump it on there and it charges. 

Yeah the official DS4 one is a bit choosy about charging a controller that's not seated exactly right!

4 minutes ago, Gorf said:

nope, has worked a treat too

You really shouldn’t use WD40 on electronics - it’s flammable for a start, a solvent and will now leave a residue to collect dust and dirt. I would open the pad and properly clean it at this point.