PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

40 minutes ago, Down by Law said:

As long as it's less than a year old they are great. They replaced my faulty OG PS4 and one of the Dual Shock 4 pads free and quickly. Best thing is they don't need proof of purchase it's all done by serial number on the PS support website, so you don't need to worry if you aren't the original owner or anything.

Got my DS4s replaced and got to keep the broken ones - which I then replaced the sticks and triggers on :)

16 hours ago, Parappa said:

Did I see someone mention stick drift here? I have just played Demon Souls and certainly have it :(. Rebooting to see if anything is resolved. 

Ahh @cubik. Any particular game it happened in? 

Captured it. No change after reboot. 

Monday night I’m playing Hitman in the Paris level but he won’t stay still when I’m watching a target. Seems to be the left analogue stick. 
He was just kinda turning around and maybe taking a half step to the left, it was really annoying.

I thought “must just be a bug and it’ll fix itself” and it was late so couldn’t be bothered to reboot or plug in the controller but it kinda did fix itself yesterday though I had a very brief moment where it started doing it again before returning to normal.

I wonder if a tiny tiny dead zone adjustment would sort this out.

Also ive got 2 pads so next time it happens I’ll mark it and keep an eye. I wonder if it’s the one that came with the console or the stand alone one I bought.

Had a couple of crashes in Spider-man now. The screen will just go black - audio comes through, subtitles too, but none of the game or HUD works. Have to close the application down and restart it.

It's 15 seconds of inconvenience. No consistency in where/when really.

Very similar to my issues.  I have reset the controller today and just tried it again in Demon Souls and I can't replicate it but I have just called PS Support and they have arranged for a return and replacement within 14 days so I am going to go with that and play it safe.  Also I should have it back for Xmas.  

Back to playing PS4 games for a bit it is then (I may go and get a spare anyway - perhaps this is Sony's plan!!)

They'll be a black controller and console at some point. It's what I'm hoping for anyway. 

Be interesting it this stick drift issue is in hardware or software. No point sending them back if it's only going to do the same thing on the replacement.... 

7 minutes ago, MattyP said:

They'll be a black controller and console at some point. It's what I'm hoping for anyway. 

Be interesting it this stick drift issue is in hardware or software. No point sending them back if it's only going to do the same thing on the replacement.... 

Stick drift generally ends up being hardware though right?

Currys have refused to swap just the controller and the option they gave me is to send back the whole PS5. Their other suggestion was for me to contact Sony. 

Terrible customer service, I’ve had it since Friday and they’ve already washed their hands of it. I’ll never spend money with them again. 

6 minutes ago, cubik said:

Currys have refused to swap just the controller and the option they gave me is to send back the whole PS5. Their other suggestion was for me to contact Sony. 

Terrible customer service, I’ve had it since Friday and they’ve already washed their hands of it. I’ll never spend money with them again. 

Just buy a controller on Amazon and send the dodgy one back in the box, Jeff Bezos is rich enough, fuck him.

5 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

Just buy a controller on Amazon and send the dodgy one back in the box, Jeff Bezos is rich enough, fuck him.

I’m going to, I mentioned that being my backup plan yesterday. 

Unfortunately, Amazon have sold out... 

I can wait, it’s behaving itself today

1 hour ago, cubik said:

Remember 2 weeks ago we were discussing Currys somehow managed to fatally piss off 1 in 20 customers...

To be fair to them, if they don't have single controllers in stock, this is probably Sony's requirement of them and anyway where would they get you the replacement controller from?

If they DO, how none of them have thought through "Open the box send yours back as faulty" is beyond me.  Did that all the fucking time at GAME.

4 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Remember 2 weeks ago we were discussing Currys somehow managed to fatally piss off 1 in 20 customers...

To be fair to them, if they don't have single controllers in stock, this is probably Sony's requirement of them and anyway where would they get you the replacement controller from?

If they DO, how none of them have thought through "Open the box send yours back as faulty" is beyond me.  Did that all the fucking time at GAME.

It was the fact that they just weren't interested in coming up with any option other than "call Sony".

I considered doing the old switcheroo with a new boxed one via their retail stores and then taking my duffer back but I can just picture being stuck with a shop assistant who won't or can't process it and then I'm stuck with a duff controller plus I've spent £60 on a new one.

Looks like Mr Bezos is taking this one for the team. I'm sure he'll be on ramen noodles or Aldi baked beans for a week once I've pulled this off.

Assuming I get this replaced by official means, has anyone had any dealing with Sony on controller issues?

If I go this route, do I send it back and they replace it? Or do they replace it then I send it back?

Just trying to figure out how long I'll be without a controller.

2 hours ago, rafaqat said:

Stick drift generally ends up being hardware though right?

Guess ultimately yes. However if the deadzone isn't calibrated correctly though for whatever reason perhaps it could be taken as drift? I know my old analogue sticks on the PC needed to be correctly calibrated otherwise they would drift slightly.

1 hour ago, gooner4life said:

Great.  So somebody who buys it on a warehouse deal gets fucked over. Scummy behaviour dude.

12 minutes ago, Spacehost said:

Papa Sony got back to me about my noisy console, but just a request for info. Will update when I receive a resolution or whatever. Expect about a week for an escalation to go through, I guess; not bad under the circumstances.

How did you log it with them?

1 minute ago, Spacehost said:

I sat on hold for two straight hours.

Shit. Maybe the official route isn't worth it for a controller.

Rant time - I know it's getting towards Christmas so it's "to be expected" but it shouldn't be expected. As a society we've accepted being on hold for hours as normal but forget that they're making millions and can afford to give a better service, they just choose not to.

Big companies like these (Sony, Currys etc) have no excuse for not having resources in place and offering decent support when it's a major launch or a seasonal sales hot spot. If anything, they should go above and beyond in these busy periods.

Currys website mentions their live chat in loads of places and it isn't even fucking switched on. Tossers.

When live chat works, it's the perfect way to get support if you're sat at a desk working as you can leave it chugging in a corner while you get on with work.

Sony don't even offer it at all in the UK(or if they do it's well hidden). Surely it's a cheaper way to offer support than phone calls as one operator can handle multiple chat windows.

Large organisations have chosen to cut customer support to the bone, it isn't the fact that there's too many callers, there are too few support staff.

Make slightly less money and offer a better service you fuckers!

38 minutes ago, cubik said:

Shit. Maybe the official route isn't worth it for a controller.

Rant time - I know it's getting towards Christmas so it's "to be expected" but it shouldn't be expected. As a society we've accepted being on hold for hours as normal but forget that they're making millions and can afford to give a better service, they just choose not to.

Big companies like these (Sony, Currys etc) have no excuse for not having resources in place and offering decent support when it's a major launch or a seasonal sales hot spot. If anything, they should go above and beyond in these busy periods.

Currys website mentions their live chat in loads of places and it isn't even fucking switched on. Tossers.

When live chat works, it's the perfect way to get support if you're sat at a desk working as you can leave it chugging in a corner while you get on with work.

Sony don't even offer it at all in the UK(or if they do it's well hidden). Surely it's a cheaper way to offer support than phone calls as one operator can handle multiple chat windows.

Large organisations have chosen to cut customer support to the bone, it isn't the fact that there's too many callers, there are too few support staff.

Make slightly less money and offer a better service you fuckers!

All online channels for customer support are getting smashed right now. We've scaled up 400% and still can't keep up.

People aren't going into the store to complain anymore! Weird.

57 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

That sounds awfully inconvenient. Maybe just break into your local Amazon depot, steal about £800 worth of stock and buy a new console off a scalper - it’s not as if our old mate Jeff is short of a few bob. 

Stop giving me ideas.

3 hours ago, cubik said:

This is pretty standard. Sony probably won’t replace or take receipt of parts of a package. I can understand it however John Lewis all those years ago when the 360 came out opened a box of a new one and gave me that controller then I’m guessing they had to send the entire thing back to Microsoft.

Currys are kinda doing what I would expect.