PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

Just now, Shimmyhill said:

Im in a roller coaster of emotions at the moment and your post was a red rag to a bull -  I wish I was in a privileged place tbh and I guess I’m hyper sensitive to stuff that winds me up at the moment with what I have going on and the wider issues we all face at the moment.

I even explained these posts to my other half, she looked at me funny and well life is too short isn’t it...

Let’s all agree never to do this again.

Nice to see you chaps sorting it out. Life is too short, and crikey this year has biffed many of us! Physically I am like Jabba the hut with legs...

Anyway, is anyone else still holding hope for a Blooming Bloodborne patch? Would love it like. 

Would also like to see them bring some of the old PS1/2 classics back like the PS3 days. I mean, I may aswell purchase another copy of Alundra for flips sake.

Also, Devil May Cry 5 is an absolute banger on the machine. Even the trigger for Nero's weapon feels too damn good, even if I come off the game feeling like I have shredded through the fire in the flames on expert 37 times. 

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought about flipping my PS5 for an extra £300, though in reality I'd be more likely to sell at cost to a mate, but there's nothing I'd want to buy with that money right now. I mightn't even use mine much over the next few months (by which time they'll be easier to get, we're guessing), but apart from a grinding noise from my L2 I do have a quietish console. And I've disabled haptics anyway, so I could always buy another pad if I really wanted it in future.

But here's the key thing for me: if I get £100 for my PS4 I'll only be £200 down, and I'd rather have this much quieter, much faster-loading (ugly!) console than that money sitting in my account. Especially considering how many eBayers might claim it's faulty on arrival. Maybe that's why some of them are willing to go north of £800. And I can always do what I did with my PS2 and play last-gen games with improvements, instead of being £200 up with looong loads and a lot more noise.

Although Sony will cover the warranty for 12 months, since they know it was bought in November at the earliest. Just give 'em your serial number. After 12 months they'll want a hefty repair fee, and that's when having a retailer receipt might get you a free replacement instead.

7 hours ago, FiveFootNinja said:

Argos have a load of PS4 titles very cheap in the Black Friday sale (lots of the classics - not all PS+ Collection ones either - for £6.99). I've just picked up Death Stranding for £13.99 which is as cheap as I've seen it...

https://www.argos.co.uk/list/great-prices-on-ps4-games/?tag=ar:search:m020:ps4gamesbf

They’ve also got TLOU2 for £25 and Ghost of Tsushima for £35. I’ve still got Miles Morales to play but am probably going to pick up the latter (which has been price matched with free delivery at Currys).

Yup. It’s pretty much one of the games that pushed me to get the console at launch.

Just umming and ahhing over it in case it drops further elsewhere today. I saw someone pay £29 in Trading and the thrifty gamer in me is giving me a hard time about spending that extra 6 quid.

30 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

They’ve also got TLOU2 for £25 and Ghost of Tsushima for £35. I’ve still got Miles Morales to play but am probably going to pick up the latter (which has been price matched with free delivery at Currys).

Yeah those prices are good. Frustratingly both of them went onto my Christmas list a couple of weeks ago so I’m banned from buying them in case a relative had already picked them up. :facepalm:

5 hours ago, Escape said:

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought about flipping my PS5 for an extra £300, though in reality I'd be more likely to sell at cost to a mate, but there's nothing I'd want to buy with that money right now. I mightn't even use mine much over the next few months (by which time they'll be easier to get, we're guessing), but apart from a grinding noise from my L2 I do have a quietish console. And I've disabled haptics anyway, so I could always buy another pad if I really wanted it in future.

But here's the key thing for me: if I get £100 for my PS4 I'll only be £200 down, and I'd rather have this much quieter, much faster-loading (ugly!) console than that money sitting in my account. Especially considering how many eBayers might claim it's faulty on arrival. Maybe that's why some of them are willing to go north of £800. And I can always do what I did with my PS2 and play last-gen games with improvements, instead of being £200 up with looong loads and a lot more noise.

Although Sony will cover the warranty for 12 months, since they know it was bought in November at the earliest. Just give 'em your serial number. After 12 months they'll want a hefty repair fee, and that's when having a retailer receipt might get you a free replacement instead.

There was a point before my second one arrived someone was interested in paying double... So that would have been my PS5 for free, the mate I had offered it to even said he couldn't let me miss out on an offer like that. In the end like all things "too good to be true" it fell through and I sold it to my mate for what I paid. He even offered £100 on top, but I couldn't do that to a mate. 

Sweet mercy, who thinks this a good idea? You've got to be particularly short sighted to be an Amazon delivery driver who 'fails' to deliver a PS5 and thinks they can get away with just taking it themselves. I mean maybe you make 800 quid now but you also will lose your job, even without video footage Amazon knows who has the package and where it is at any time.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-11-26-amazon-dumps-driver-who-drove-off-with-boys-birthday-ps5

47 minutes ago, FiveFootNinja said:

Yeah those prices are good. Frustratingly both of them went onto my Christmas list a couple of weeks ago so I’m banned from buying them in case a relative had already picked them up. :facepalm:

Which means they definitely will have not bought those games. :)

48 minutes ago, FiveFootNinja said:

I think both Currys and Amazon are doing extended returns until January, if you can be bothered with that.

Just picked up GoT for £34 at Amazon. Had £35 of bonus vouchers there, which helps. That’s me done for games spending this year, I think.^_^

7 minutes ago, Popo said:

Which means they definitely will have not bought those games. :)

Almost certainly. :D 

6 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

I think both Currys and Amazon are doing extended returns until January, if you can be bothered with that.

I can't really :)  Plus my wife, son and I all have our birthdays in early Jan (bad planning I know) so you never really know what you have/haven't got until then. First world problems to be honest and my thinking is if they have come down in this sale they will come down again in the future. It's not like I haven't already got Demon Souls, Horizon, Death Stranding, Cyberpunk and several other back catalogue games sat on the pile of shame to keep me off the streets.

26 minutes ago, Quexex said:

Sweet mercy, who thinks this a good idea? You've got to be particularly short sighted to be an Amazon delivery driver who 'fails' to deliver a PS5 and thinks they can get away with just taking it themselves. I mean maybe you make 800 quid now but you also will lose your job, even without video footage Amazon knows who has the package and where it is at any time.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-11-26-amazon-dumps-driver-who-drove-off-with-boys-birthday-ps5

If it wasn’t for the CCTV then the driver would have most likely got away with it.

9 minutes ago, Super Craig said:

If it wasn’t for the CCTV then the driver would have most likely got away with it.

You reckon? I would have thought it would be obvious - Drivers are all allocated deliveries via the Amazon DB and can be tracked throughout their journey (as you can see on them on the map) it wouldn't take a lot to work out who hadn't delivered their parcel and then track them down.

14 minutes ago, Quexex said:

You reckon? I would have thought it would be obvious - Drivers are all allocated deliveries via the Amazon DB and can be tracked throughout their journey (as you can see on them on the map) it wouldn't take a lot to work out who hadn't delivered their parcel and then track them down.

He went to the premises and scanned the parcel in. And it looks like he was delivering other stuff as well. Without the CCTV it’s basically the word of the customer against the word of the delivery driver.

48 minutes ago, Quexex said:

Haven't you ever had an Amazon packet scanned as 'Handed to resident' only to find it on your doorstep where any Tom, Dick, and Harry could have nicked it?

18 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

Haven't you ever had an Amazon packet scanned as 'Handed to resident' only to find it on your doorstep where any Tom, Dick, and Harry could have nicked it?

51 minutes ago, Super Craig said:

He went to the premises and scanned the parcel in. And it looks like he was delivering other stuff as well. Without the CCTV it’s basically the word of the customer against the word of the delivery driver.

I guess so, pleased they have CCTV then. 

Does anyone have a site which has a database showing all patch details for all console games? Would be interested in tracking and viewing certain games to see when like for example QoL or big bug fixes are resolved/updated for games I'm potentially interested in getting in the future. Rather than just travelling online for news of them being announced?

Thought I had found a site, All Patch Notes but this doesn't really seem to be fully updated any more.

Aware, I could find the official websites or forums for all the games themselves and search for the information. But surprised I couldn't find anywhere which shows these tbh.

21 hours ago, Cyhwuhx said:

God no. I absolutely hate that about the standard Xbox controllers. Constant faffing about with individual batteries. Got a charge pack for that one ASAP.

Indeed, you had the choice.

Rather than being forced to constantly plug in a controller with a single rapidly failing battery that barely lasts a proper gaming session when new.

Noticed recently that not only does the front USB port not charge my controllers in rest mode, even when they are charging when the console is switched on they never charge past two bars. So I'm now in an amusing situation where my Series X front USB port does a better job of charging my Dualsenses than my actual PS5 does.