Jump to content

PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:


So selling a used ‘faulty’ one for profit is better than selling a brand new one for profit  :lol:

 

Its morally bankrupt behaviour whatever way you look at it but if you are happy with that then go for it - the other options are to let someone else have it at cost or send it back and get a refund and someone gets an Amazon warehouse deal for less than RRP.

 

People can do what they want, it’s a free world after all but do it quietly and not post about it on a forum where people help each other out and have a nice community looking for justification - boo fucking how I can’t pay my credit card bill in a month where I spent £450+ on a toy.

I’ve had a cunt of a year even by the generally miserable standards of 2020, so while I appreciate how I can be seen to be morally bankrupt for selling a slightly noisy toy for what I paid for it plus enough money to pay for two weeks of nursery fees, I’d suggest that perhaps your keen insight should be reserved for somewhere more appropriate, like the locked boot of a car at the bottom of a river, or the dark side of the moon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rafaqat said:

 

<I have a broken pad>

<Therefore all pads must be like this>

 

 

It's would be ok if the pad batteries weren't so shit.  A solution of "buy another one or keep it plugged in" is not a solution.

 

 

 

The official Sony dock is lovely and about the only elegant solution I would be happy with given we're not going to have a choice of what batteries to use.

It's great that they're USB-C but the charging dock is like the PS4 one and it doesn't use the front of the controller.   They use the connecter at the base of the pad and look much better when stored.   I hope there isn't a limited run of them as now I'm itching anf thinking I should buy a couple and therefore just making the situation worse.

 

 

THIS is how the pads(s) should be stored. So good looking.

 

image.thumb.png.c64f9be89de7c4d7fa08046949a43307.png

Ah the Rllmuk eneloop police have arrived...

 

I hate AA batteries, I'm sorry I didn't list the dozens of broken devices I have due those shitty things. I don't just hate them in Xbox controllers. I hate them full stop... Leaky environmentally toxic evil. Yeah you guys are well behaved, like me you recycle or recharge, most people just bin them.

 

Shouldn't have taken the bait of 

@Hitcher drive by shit posting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Spacehost said:

I’ve had a cunt of a year even by the generally miserable standards of 2020, so while I appreciate how I can be seen to be morally bankrupt for selling a slightly noisy toy for what I paid for it plus enough money to pay for two weeks of nursery fees, I’d suggest that perhaps your keen insight should be reserved for somewhere more appropriate, like the locked boot of a car at the bottom of a river, or the dark side of the moon.

Ah don't worry about it... If Sony had delivered a machine you were happy with in the first place then you wouldn't be in the situation right now. 

 

Just get it sold bank the money and wait for Sony to put something out that is worthy of your money 

 

The only thing you did wrong perhaps is post about it here.... :D

 

It's a second hand games console in the end and if people are silly enough to take it off your hands for a bit more than you paid for it so be it. People make a lot more money by far more dodgy practices in this world.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Spacehost said:

I’ve had a cunt of a year even by the generally miserable standards of 2020, so while I appreciate how I can be seen to be morally bankrupt for selling a slightly noisy toy for what I paid for it plus enough money to pay for two weeks of nursery fees, I’d suggest that perhaps your keen insight should be reserved for somewhere more appropriate, like the locked boot of a car at the bottom of a river, or the dark side of the moon.


Pay it forward, I’ve had a horrid year too (understatement of the decade tbh) and could have profiteered on my series x consoles but is rather make someone’s day than be part of the 2020 toilet roll racket mindset.

 

I mean, maybe pay for childcare before you buy a console if we are stopping to personal insight critique....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Activity cards are great. Was minor bored and was scrolling along the Home Screen, see on Spider-Man, you have choices for all your various open world admin bores e.g. raid a Fisk outpost, Collect a Backpack, Carry on main mission etc. And you are there in a flash, anywhere on the map.

 

Very next gen going from deciding what to play next to deciding on what to do next. Let’s see if developers pull their fingers out and implement it on other games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:


Pay it forward, I’ve had a horrid year too (understatement of the decade tbh) and could have profiteered on my series x consoles but is rather make someone’s day than be part of the 2020 toilet roll racket mindset.

 

I mean, maybe pay for childcare before you buy a console if we are stopping to personal insight critique....

Yeah thanks for the cunning insight. I’ll be sure to swing by you for analysis of my personal spending habits in future. Christ you’re an arsehole.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oooohkay ...

 

So, bought this off Amazon and I can confirm that it works with the PS4 camera (with adapter) and the PSVR breakout box.

VR works as it should.

 

Not going to risk putting the external HDD on it but the extra ports are handy. I can use one for my headset and another for a charging cable. Finally I can play Squadrons in VR with my HOTAS :)

 

Just need that HDMI 2.1 switcher and I can escape the faff of cable juggling.to setup VR.

 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07L32B9C2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_mocWFbYVVTFEW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Definitely not the best place for it but sometimes stuff from real life spills over, we’re all real people. Hope you’re ok @Spacehost I can relate to having a shit year too. Sometimes all the money and all the consoles won’t help make things better. 

Yeah, as I’ve largely been realising over the past week, stuff doesn’t seem to solve problems. Which is annoying, because material purchases usually give me something to distract me for a month or two between calamities, and now I have to attempt to actually deal with things instead. Appreciate the sentiment.

 

Shimmy, take the self-righteous act and shove it up your arse, it’s a toy, not spare parts for someone’s broken boiler. I’ve every right to make a marginal profit off this (although not, I imagine, as much as Amazon and eBay have off the commission of all those £800 third party sales, and I hardly see you boycotting them). If you care so much about the working poor how about you sell your consoles at cost to some poor waif, you’re depriving some child of their perfect Christmas.
 

You’ve come in here seemingly specifically to have a go at me and I am decidedly not in the mood for your brand of smug, self important smartarsery. Off you fuck.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Spacehost said:

Yeah, as I’ve largely been realising over the past week, stuff doesn’t seem to solve problems. Which is annoying, because material purchases usually give me something to distract me for a month or two between calamities, and now I have to attempt to actually deal with things instead. Appreciate the sentiment.

 

Shimmy, take the self-righteous act and shove it up your arse, it’s a toy, not spare parts for someone’s broken boiler. I’ve every right to make a marginal profit off this (although not, I imagine, as much as Amazon and eBay have off the commission of all those £800 third party sales, and I hardly see you boycotting them). If you care so much about the working poor how about you sell your consoles at cost to some poor waif, you’re depriving some child of their perfect Christmas.
 

You’ve come in here seemingly specifically to have a go at me and I am decidedly not in the mood for your brand of smug, self important smartarsery. Off you fuck.


I pretty much post in here daily and have since the thread started, I 100% picked on your post as I thought wow, what an arsehole so you are right I guess... Ohh  I did sell my spare Series X at cost and made someone’s Christmas presumably, between that and my donations to the food bank I’m surprised I haven’t been knighted...

 

Just fucking own it, it’s greed and nothing less.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Spacehost I don’t know why you mentioned you’d sell it for profit tbh. Prob not a wise idea to post it on here. Good luck to you though hope things are ok. 
 

edit: I possed your original post so I don’t have any issue with it. Not like you purely bought it to sell on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’d be greed if he had planned from the start to sell it for a profit but I don’t believe that’s the case, as it is you have no real idea of his circumstances and it’s pretty clear he sounds upset and angry - maybe back off a bit? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Baring said:

@Spacehost I don’t know why you mentioned you’d sell it for profit tbh. Prob not a wise idea to post it on here. Good luck to you though hope things are ok. 

Yeah well, that’s on me. It wasn’t a brag, I’ve just got more or less no one to talk to about anything right now, I realised it’s a stupid thing to spend £450 in my position, and the extra money will come in handy if one of us loses our job in the next few months.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Came in looking to see what you wonderful people were playing on your shiny new PS5’s and thought I’d stumbled into the wrong thread :unsure:

 

As I’ve mentioned I haven’t had a PlayStation since the PS2 so tomorrow is payday and I’ve got a whole host of new and old games in my Amazon / Argos basket. I got Horizon - Zero Dawn for £6.99 which I’m told is one of the best PS4 Games, I’m also going to get Death Stranding, FF7 Remake and Miles Moralas so I’ll have a fair bit to keep me occupied,

 

Just need to sort a headset that works with both the PS5 and Series X that isn’t a million pounds and I’m set!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

Came in looking to see what you wonderful people were playing on your shiny new PS5’s and thought I’d stumbled into the wrong thread :unsure:

Yeah well, either I flip out here or the queue at the Post Office, and I like the Post Office more.

 

Death Stranding and FFVII are my current games, they really load fast on PS5 off the internal drive. You’ll feel pretty next gen on those even if they’re not PS5 games. Although, fuck me, a PS5 port of Death Stranding would be great. Really feel every step and backpack tug with that pad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Spacehost said:

Money in general, in particular people commenting on how I use it, when and what for, is an extremely sensitive topic for me. So I appreciate Shimmy was not going to be aware of that, and from his particular position of privilege, would only interpret my behaviour as an act of greed. In which case, I apologise, and it is unfortunate that such a misunderstanding has occurred. I am not in a good place psychologically, and that resulted in some less than reasonable responses.
 

We all respond to stress in different ways and perhaps, we should be less quick to judge- or to respond to those judging us.


Im in a roller coaster of emotions at the moment and your post was a red rag to a bull -  I wish I was in a privileged place tbh and I guess I’m hyper sensitive to stuff that winds me up at the moment with what I have going on and the wider issues we all face at the moment.

 

I even explained these posts to my other half, she looked at me funny and well life is too short isn’t it...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished Astrobot... What an absolute joy of a game. After earning my 1110 cool points sitting through the credits it amazed me just how many people were involved... And we got it for free with our console. 

 

Also helped by unlocking my SingStar mics :) after seeing the Buzz controllers I hoped my contribution to PlayStation hadn't been forgotten. Happy days.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.