PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

4 minutes ago, Pug said:

Whoever championed WRC 9 here because of the haptic feedback......THANK YOU!!!

Now I'm a guy who prefers using a force feedback wheel with the more serious racers but this game is proper good fun with the Dualsense.

The triggers react to the accelerator or brakes and you feel the little backfire burbles. I wish the Series X had similar.

How’s the 120fps? I don’t particularly want a racer but I do want to try 120fps. 

It would be nice if Sony sorted their act out with this stuff as Xbox already has Rocket League and Destiny 2 Series X versions with 120fps modes. Destiny is going to be a while and Psyonix have said don’t hold your breath for a native PS5 version. 

40 minutes ago, Madness said:

Pretty annoying that they still haven’t fixed the upgrade issue for the Ubisoft games. Just want to piss about in Watch Dogs!

Apparently if you make a Turkish PSN account you'll be able to download the upgrade whilst logged in to that, then it'll run fine using your main account.

Sorry, I'm still on a lowly C8. I'm holding fire on the CX until the new AVR's can handle HDMI 2.1 correctly.

The audio lag of Atmos from a HDMI source via arc/earc is preventing me buying and connecting straight to tv.

But it's great in 60fps if that's any use.

17 minutes ago, Ry said:

The PS5 had two games at launch I was interested it. Astro and Spiderman. 

The Series X has a bunch I was interested in and hadn't played yet and they were on game pass(and was always going to be my third party machine due to the power and controller) :

Yakuza Like a Dragon

Tetris Effect Connected (GP) 

Gears Tactics (Gp) 

Planet Coaster(GP)

Ass Valhalla

Plus I have around 20 games from gamepass that I wanted and had not played now installed plus a bunch of games upgraded I love. 

The fact I had finished the two PS5 games I was interested in, the noise, hating the UI, hard crashes and games removing themself was enough for me to sell it. 

Fact remains, I wouldn't be playing my PS5 until GT7 or GoW 2 releases. Would only be using for Monday night races on old GT right now. 

I will pick one up in the future when the games I want come out and have a firmware patch or 2. 

Fair enough! Sounds like you were pretty unlucky to have all the issues on your machine. 

Intrigued by others thoughts on the UI? 

I feel like it's a step up, especially regarding the storefront. Had to get used to the PS Button functioning differently. 

17 minutes ago, Ry said:

The Series X has a bunch I was interested in and hadn't played yet and they were on game pass(and was always going to be my third party machine due to the power and controller) :

Yakuza Like a Dragon

Gears Tactics (Gp) 

Planet Coaster(GP)

Ass Valhalla

Plus I have around 20 games from gamepass that I wanted and had not played now installed plus a bunch of games upgraded I love. 

The fact I had finished the two PS5 games I was interested in, the noise, hating the UI, hard crashes and games removing themself was enough for me to sell it. 

Fact remains, I wouldn't be playing my PS5 until GT7 or GoW 2 releases. Would only be using for Monday night races on old GT right now. 

I will pick one up in the future when the games I want come out and have a firmware patch or 2. 

Fair enough! Sounds like you were pretty unlucky to have all the issues on your machine. 

I feel like it's a step up, especially regarding the storefront. Had to get used to the PS Button functioning differently. 

17 minutes ago, Ry said:

Yakuza Like a Dragon

Gears Tactics (Gp) 

Planet Coaster(GP)

Ass Valhalla

17 minutes ago, Ry said:

Yakuza Like a Dragon

Gears Tactics (Gp) 

Planet Coaster(GP)

Ass Valhalla

3 minutes ago, StephenM said:

But what do you think of the UI? A step up?

Aye, I think it's an improvement over the PS4 personally. Mainly due to the snappiness of it all, especially when it comes to trophies and so on. Like I say, being able to access the store instantly is absolutely class, even if it means a higher chance of my wife divorcing me. 

I just feel there is less visual burden to have to deal with, even if alot of it is requiring rewiring my brain. 

19 minutes ago, Pug said:

Sorry, I'm still on a lowly C8. I'm holding fire on the CX until the new AVR's can handle HDMI 2.1 correctly.

The audio lag of Atmos from a HDMI source via arc/earc is preventing me buying and connecting straight to tv.

But it's great in 60fps if that's any use.

I’ve got a B7. You should still be able to play it in 1080p120, if you’re bothered with 120fps. That’s what I’m hoping to try. 

28 minutes ago, Ry said:

Indeed. Holding off myself as much as I want to tinker with Astrobot and the new controller. 

Be interesting to see how the harptic controls get used in games and if they make any revisions to the hardware. Think that overly hot memory chip may cause some issues long term so I expect they'll be a revision at some point next year.

Glad they are really hard to get hold off to be honest removing temptation :D

7 minutes ago, SuperCapes said:

Aye, I think it's an improvement over the PS4 personally. Mainly due to the snappiness of it all, especially when it comes to trophies and so on. Like I say, being able to access the store instantly is absolutely class, even if it means a higher chance of my wife divorcing me. 

I just feel there is less visual burden to have to deal with, even if alot of it is requiring rewiring my brain. 

I think I feel the same way. I’m not sure if that’s because it still feels content light — might suddenly feel a lot chunkier when the issues seem to stop and I feel confident enough to plus a busy external drive in!

I also miss folders. A lot. 

The UI would be fine except for 2 main issues for me, the first is why is the power button not available on the main dash, it could right next to the settings button, the second is when I stop playing a game I have to press the ps button navigate to the switcher select demons souls then finally I can bring up the menu to select close the game, way too many button presses for closing a game. Otherwise I really like it, I like how every game acts like a theme (though I miss my Bloodborne platinum theme), it's snappy and neat and if these few minor annoyances are resolved then I wouldn't have a problem with it. Oh some way to order your library too, that's important, the current mess that is library really should be top priority for qol improvement.

14 minutes ago, StephenM said:

I think I feel the same way. I’m not sure if that’s because it still feels content light — might suddenly feel a lot chunkier when the issues seem to stop and I feel confident enough to plus a busy external drive in!

I also miss folders. A lot. 

Aye the folders are a miss! I also wish I could just have access to my entire library in the bar like you could on PS5, but overall I am super happy with it. You are right though, in a few years it will be a clustered mess most likely ha!

53 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

How’s the 120fps? I don’t particularly want a racer but I do want to try 120fps. 

It would be nice if Sony sorted their act out with this stuff as Xbox already has Rocket League and Destiny 2 Series X versions with 120fps modes. Destiny is going to be a while and Psyonix have said don’t hold your breath for a native PS5 version. 

I didn’t know Destiny 2 was 120fps on Series X, I’m pretty sure it isn’t!?

55 minutes ago, Ferine said:

Apparently if you make a Turkish PSN account you'll be able to download the upgrade whilst logged in to that, then it'll run fine using your main account.

I've given this a go and it seems to have worked - thank you mate. 

The UI feels like a step up to me.

Just had my first complete freeze / get up and hard reset immediately following the console telling me a new firmware is available, guess I’ll install that now then!

I’ve had 2 “encountered an error” reset back to dash issues too, and GT Sport seems to occasionally make my wheel keep spinning.

Series X, similar if not more play time, zero issues, the Sony is definitely feeling more next gen, but that’s both the good and bad sides of next gen 

1 hour ago, HarryBizzle said:

I’ve got a B7. You should still be able to play it in 1080p120, if you’re bothered with 120fps. That’s what I’m hoping to try. 

Of course, yeah I'll try and remember to give it a go tomorrow.

Having a weird issue with Crash N. Sane from the PS+ Collection.

I downloaded it the other day and played a level. Tonight it says it is installed but on the thumbnail there's the PS+ logo and the download arrow.

If I click on the bar that says installed nothing happens.

Is the data corrupt? If so how the hell do I delete in order to redownload? There's no option at all.

I've rebuilt database but that didn't help and the game isn't listed on either internal or extended storage in the settings area.