PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

8 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

I do have a PS5 OS audio question. When I would play EG golf at the weekends, I would mostly plug the pack-in wired earpiece to the controller and have the chat audio on that, with the game audio coming out of the TV. Can you have that same setup on the PS5 (and if so, where do you specify it? I think I've only found ways to route it all through the headset or the TV and to alter the relative sound levels.

You can use the controller (no mic or anything) to party chat and the voice will come from the speaker and you just speak and the pad picks it up. Press the button so the orange light comes on to mute, when light is off, its a mic.

I think that is what your asking?

3 minutes ago, ridgeracer said:

You can use the controller (no mic or anything) to party chat and the voice will come from the speaker and you just speak and the pad picks it up. Press the button so the orange light comes on to mute, when light is off, its a mic.

I think that is what your asking?

Yeah thanks - I have discovered that and it does work (although the speaker was pretty quiet for chat.) If you plug an earpiece in, it seems as though it then redirects all the audio.

1 hour ago, Disgraced Toblerone said:

Yeah, had the same problem at the pub (before Covid).

I ordered one pint, then they served me a dozen more (I don’t know why) and had the temerity to try to make me pay for them, saying, I quote, « You drank them ».

58 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

You can't check out without it telling you the price of your basket. Did you not wonder why your one game cost you like 4 times what you were expecting to pay?

It probably did show me but my blind ass missed it. :)

30 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

I thought just a page or so ago you had sold your PS5?

I can't say this drama hasn't been anything less than entertaining! 

I sold it yesterday, i requested a refund on Saturday. 

16 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

I do have a PS5 OS audio question. When I would play EG golf at the weekends, I would mostly plug the pack-in wired earpiece to the controller and have the chat audio on that, with the game audio coming out of the TV. Can you have that same setup on the PS5 (and if so, where do you specify it? I think I've only found ways to route it all through the headset or the TV and to alter the relative sound levels.

You have to set output to Headset first in the audio settings, doing so will give you access to a filter below it to set it to Chat Audio Only. You cannot do this while audio is set to TV/Soundbar/etc. It's another weird UI quirk that can make you search for ages to find a rather common setting in an illogical place.

1 minute ago, HarryBizzle said:

Unfortunately, I expect you're going to be stuck with them. Sony support is still bloody awful, by all accounts.

Yeah looks like it. 

At least i will have Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy, some drum game and a another game i cant remember to play down the line i suppose. :)

I have to say, despite the console being big and ugly (and me being happy it's out of sight in my display), the design does give an impression of the thing being this powerful alien monolith of a console and that render of it when you put it into rest mode is bloody cool.

2 hours ago, jonamok said:

So, does anyone know where the supposed 180+ help videos reside in Demon’s Souls? You know the ones you need PS+ to access? Is it within the game, somewhere in the game’s page on your dash, elsewhere in the PS5 interface? All I see are the usual activity cards of the world you are currently in, and in the game the tutorial area button/action guide recap vids - like those in God of War.

They exist somewhere right? Anyone?

Well I replied last time you asked that question, but here we go again:

While you're in the game, double tap the PS button and in the window that pops up, click on the current objective. It will bring up 3 videos that relate to the location you're in.

1 hour ago, Seamonster said:

While you're in the game, double tap the PS button and in the window that pops up, click on the current objective. It will bring up 3 videos that relate to the location you're in.

Apologies. So you did. Will try that. Thanks again.

1 hour ago, Seamonster said:

Or just press the button once.

ive been using them they are very useful sometimes if not a bit spoiler. 

22 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

Updates out... anyone had any luck with Rest mode etc with it on?

Haven't had an issue since launch myself, I've got a 4tb hdd attached, I don't suspend games, I only charge controllers in rest mode. Didn't experience the deleting glitch or anything else, also it's a quiet console.

What's the deal with plugging in an external HDD that was connected to my PS4? I thought it would work just like the Xbox, but as soon as I plugged it in it started downloading everything saved on that drive, from the PSN store onto the internal drive? 

@Ry intrigued by you keeping the series X over the PS5? I know you aren't impressed by the launch line up of the 5, but series X seems lacking in that department too. Is it purely the user experience of the Xbox system?

Looking to get an S myself as soon as in stock, but the PS5 has blown me away if I am being honest. The pad is bonkers good, and I am digging the lineup plus all the PS4 titles I never finished.

Only issues I have had is a little fan rattle and the lack of storage space. Hope Sony drop the ability to stick an NVMe in there soon. 

29 minutes ago, SteveH said:

What's the deal with plugging in an external HDD that was connected to my PS4? I thought it would work just like the Xbox, but as soon as I plugged it in it started downloading everything saved on that drive, from the PSN store onto the internal drive? 

Just worked for me, but a bunch of them downloaded updates.

Whoever championed WRC 9 here because of the haptic feedback......THANK YOU!!!

Now I'm a guy who prefers using a force feedback wheel with the more serious racers but this game is proper good fun with the Dualsense.

The triggers react to the accelerator or brakes and you feel the little backfire burbles. I wish the Series X had similar.

1 minute ago, SuperCapes said:

@Ry intrigued by you keeping the series X over the PS5? I know you aren't impressed by the launch line up of the 5, but series X seems lacking in that department too. Is it purely the user experience of the Xbox system?

Looking to get an S myself as soon as in stock, but the PS5 has blown me away if I am being honest. The pad is bonkers good, and I am digging the lineup plus all the PS4 titles I never finished.

Only issues I have had is a little fan rattle and the lack of storage space. Hope Sony drop the ability to stick an NVMe in there soon. 

The PS5 had two games at launch I was interested it. Astro and Spiderman. 

The Series X has a bunch I was interested in and hadn't played yet and they were on game pass(and was always going to be my third party machine due to the power and controller) :

Yakuza Like a Dragon

Tetris Effect Connected (GP) 

Gears Tactics (Gp) 

Planet Coaster(GP)

Ass Valhalla

Plus I have around 20 games from gamepass that I wanted and had not played now installed plus a bunch of games upgraded I love. 

The fact I had finished the two PS5 games I was interested in, the noise, hating the UI, hard crashes and games removing themself was enough for me to sell it. 

Fact remains, I wouldn't be playing my PS5 until GT7 or GoW 2 releases. Would only be using for Monday night races on old GT right now. 

I will pick one up in the future when the games I want come out and have a firmware patch or 2.