PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

1 hour ago, Fully Aspel said:

Or how about dulling the sound of your faulty console by shoving it up your arse? Lol.

Yep, I was banned for using a phrase that 99% of the 100s of women I know, use on a day to day basis in relation to both men and women and is very common in the midlands/north of England. Maybe you need to get out a bit more and interact with real women instead of your hand if it upset you? Lol.

1 hour ago, Fully Aspel said:

And yep......I am a lovely bloke! :)

ahahaha.  lol   etc 

20 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

When do the fan run at full tilt?

I mean what game are you playing? I get the impression my PS5 has never spun above *20% (digital console)

*this figure was pulled out of my arse

It got noticeably louder when i went in to the spiderman menu screen, and the disk drive is pretty noticeable when it's spinning up. As i said, i'm probably looking for something that isn't there.

I mean you come in here for a break from Boozeclown and Gooner in the #bants thread and spacemans and collarado are about to call a fight after school....

How are people getting on with internal storage and do any of the enhanced PS4 games have to run off that or can they all be played via external drives?

2 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

How are people getting on with internal storage and do any of the enhanced PS4 games have to run off that or can they all be played via external drives?

I was doing OK but I haven't checked since I installed Spiderman Remastered and Mile Morales. So far all my PS4 games have run fine of the external drive. I don't think I've played any of the enhanced PS4 games yet. 

1 hour ago, Alex W. said:

I think the noise level isn’t zero but it is unmeasurable for most of the outlets testing it, as it’s lower than the ~30db of background noise you get in an office, even at a few inches from the console. At least that’s what I saw in the few reviews that bothered to try.

A totally quiet room is about 30db so, there’s no way people are measuring the output of the PS5, from a few inches away, as lower than that!

A TV at normal volume would be around 60db, as would the sound of someone talking. 60db is many times louder than 30db, not just double the loudness as many people presume. One inch from my PS5 whilst it runs Demon’s Souls gives a reading of 44db. It’s 33db when it’s sat idle. Never heard of anyone sitting one inch from their console whilst playing though! Hahaha. So basically, it’s around the same volume as ambient room noise. For someone’s console to be putting out enough noise to really bother them over the top of a TV, whilst playing a game, it would have to be pretty fucking loud. Unless people are saying their console is loud when they’re not playing a game? In which case, why are they spending their time sat listening to the sound their consoles make? Are they Brian Wilson or something? Just switch it off!

If anyone is bothered about the sound levels their machine is kicking out then, for fucks sake, just get a DB meter and measure its sound in a quiet room. Then you at least have some idea how it compares to other people’s machines in general. You will then also know if there’s a possible genuine problem or if it’s just totally normal for the PS5. I’d wager, that for the most part it’s the latter.

I’ve been on the PS5 for a couple of hours now and really like it. Do you have to manually tell it to start copying from a game disc? Because I put Miles Morales in and it just sat there doing nothing until I did that.

Astro’s playroom seems nice. Looking forward to playing more of that later. Spiderman is lovely, too. Picking between performance and fidelity is hard. It feels wonderful in 60fps, but then you swing past a building at night in fidelity and see all the beautiful lights reflected in it, and I don’t want to miss out on that.

My console doesn’t seem noisy, but it’s not silent, but where I keep my consoles, I can’t hear them anyway.

I’m not overly impressed by the controller, strangely enough. It feels a bit cheap in places, the HD rumble is slightly distracting, and I think I just prefer the Xbox controller in general. I’m a bit baffled by the lavish praise journos were pouring over it. Jeff Gerstmann is basically the most cynical person on the planet and was gushing about it.

Anyway, looking forward to playing more tonight, and can definitely see my plan on PS5 as my main console and Series S for Game Pass being fine for me. I can certainly see my anxiety getting the better of me at some point and me trading it in at CEX in about a month and picking up a console in a month or two in the hopes it has some of these weird hardware issues ironed out.

Anyone notice any resistance in the triggers while playing Demon's Souls? I'm getting nothing (playing the Knight) I've played a couple of hours so far, every time I successfully parry it feels like that would have been a great moment to get a bit of resistance from the triggers, but nothing. 

37 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

I mean you come in here for a break from Boozeclown and Gooner in the #bants thread and spacemans and collarado are about to call a fight after school....

Internal storage has about 120gb left for me. Got about 15 games on there such as Ghost of Tsushima, Tetris Effect, Demon’s Souls, WRC9 etc. All decent sized games. Only got 2 disc games so far and can’t play either of them, as Ubisoft or Sony have screwed the PS5 upgrades up, and they’re not selectable on the store.........which is properly shit.

17 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

I literally said that they couldn’t measure it. :lol: Give it a rest!

What are you even talking about now youth? They clearly can measure it! I’ve measured it! I’ve done that using a DB meter app, which is what I’ve advised others to do, if they’re worried about the noise their machines is kicking out and want to have something they can use to help them get a handle on things. 

My PS5 - 44db one inch from the rear vents whilst playing Demon’s Souls, which amounts to standard ambient noise in a quiet room of around 30db, when sat at a normal playing distance from the TV.

There ya go. Some useful info for people to compare their consoles with if they need help. What’s your problem?

1 minute ago, Fully Aspel said:

Internal storage has about 120gb left for me. Got about 15 games on there such as Ghost of Tsushima, Tetris Effect, Demon’s Souls, WRC9 etc. All decent sized games. Only got 2 disc games so far and can’t play either of them, as Ubisoft or Sony have screwed the PS5 upgrades up, and they’re not selectable on the store.........which is properly shit.

If you check your storage what is your other size? Mine has gone back up to 45GB but I have not installed any other games.

4 minutes ago, Quexex said:

Anyone notice any resistance in the triggers while playing Demon's Souls? I'm getting nothing (playing the Knight) I've played a couple of hours so far, every time I successfully parry it feels like that would have been a great moment to get a bit of resistance from the triggers, but nothing. 

Yeah, same here. Not sure if it’s coming off the back of playing Astro Bot and WRC9, which are both amazing in terms of getting the most out of the controller or what. It’s definitely crossed my mind that Demon’s Souls could utilise the Dual Sense more though, especially the adaptive triggers.

12 minutes ago, gospvg said:

If you check your storage what is your other size? Mine has gone back up to 45GB but I have not installed any other games.

Have the full rundown! :)

Free space - 129.8gb.

Games + apps - 450.8gb (about 15 games plus Disney, Netflix YouTube).

Media Gallery - 1.58gb (must be just from achievements as I’ve not took anything myself).

Saved Data - 1.29gb (manually brought all my PS4 saves for each game I’m using over).

Other - 83.79gb.

1 hour ago, sbrandon111 said:

It got noticeably louder when i went in to the spiderman menu screen, and the disk drive is pretty noticeable when it's spinning up. As i said, i'm probably looking for something that isn't there.

Well I crawled on the floor with mine off. I turned it on while my nose was pretty much touching it. You can almost hear some fan noise and then a more pronounced buzz which then went away 20mseconds later. I played some Demon’s Souls and then crouched down to listen and all I could hear was the rather pleasant sound of air flowing through. Completely unnoticeable from 7 feet away. Infact barely audible from 1-2 feet away.

The enteral passport drive which is functioning as normal is much more audible.

Maybe the digital versions are just more “Pro”  :coffee:

4 minutes ago, Fully Aspel said:

Have the full rundown! :)

Free space - 129.8gb.

Games + apps - 450.8gb (about 15 games plus Disney, Netflix YouTube).

Media Gallery - 1.58gb (must be just from achievements as I’ve not took anything myself).

Saved Data - 1.29gb (manually brought all my PS4 saves for each game I’m using over).

Other - 83.79gb.

Baffled what this other space is that the PS5 needs.

9 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Baffled what this other space is that the PS5 needs.

Just says system data needed for apps and games and that the amount of space reserved depends on how your console is used.......so yeah......fuck knows! :)

8 minutes ago, Sng said:

I have the digital version as well and can barely hear a thing. I wonder if a lot of noise is coming from the drive.

Doubt it, as I’m not using the drive, just been playing digital stuff so far. Just sounds like the fan ticking over to me. 

The PS5 sounds pretty much exactly the same as our chest freezer. Hahaha. Hopefully that means it will stay cool!

8 minutes ago, Sng said:

I have the digital version as well and can barely hear a thing. I wonder if a lot of noise is coming from the drive.

Yep every 45 minutes for me if I'm playing a disc based game.

29 minutes ago, Quexex said:

I think I heard you get a bit if trigger resistance when you draw on a bow but I haven't used one so far. Other than that, nothing. The haptic feedback is pretty muted too, I just don't think it was really a priority for them. Either that or they wanted to maintain the purity of the original vision or something.

1 minute ago, Majora said:

Apparently the 'other' space is to do with the amount of PS4 games you have installed.

Yeah that is what I thought but I've not installed any more and the space has gone up. Must also have something to do with gameplay captures because I have taken quite a few captures from GoT.

This might have been asked before but is anyone sometimes having problems with their controller not charging when the system is in rest mode?

I’ve turn on USBs in rest mode but I’ve just put the system into rest mode now and I can see the controller isn’t charging.

On 22/11/2020 at 13:39, FiveFootNinja said:

I also just realised literally nobody has mentioned Godfall have they? Did anyone actually buy it?

I've had a couple of sessions on this now and objectively speaking there's a lot wrong with it.  Basic QoL stuff from these sorts of games is missing, like a map or the ability to ping something so your partner(s) can see it.  There isn't even a countdown timer for party members when the lobby leader starts a game so you're in the middle of something and next thing you know, BAM! Loading screen. No warning.  There's also fundamental stuff wrong with the combat.  No cancelling of animations so you get stuck in long combos which do nothing to break enemy animations and that, in turn, means you get knocked on your arse mid-attack all the fucking time.  No queuing of inputs so you can't immediately block at the end of a combo.  There's a huge pause before blocking or dodging becomes available after an attack because of this, and with those attacks being so innefectual in terms of disrupting enemies, you get hit after a combo all the fucking time.  Tiny, near-invisible enemy indicators and fuck all in the way of audio cues to let you know when you're about to get twatted from off the screen.

Any yet despite all that, subjectively speaking, I'm having a good time with it.  As expected it's a decent enough co-op game for running around with a friend, hitting stuff and getting loot to make the numbers go up.  Absolutely not worth the asking price.  With the exception of the stonking visuals it screams free to play. 

TLDR - it's not great, don't buy it over another game or if money's in any way a concern.  But I'm having fun with it anyway.

14 minutes ago, Goemon said:

This might have been asked before but is anyone sometimes having problems with their controller not charging when the system is in rest mode?

I’ve turn on USBs in rest mode but I’ve just put the system into rest mode now and I can see the controller isn’t charging.

This is a really common issue. One potential workaround is to make sure the pad is plugged in before you turn the console off, apparently.