PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

6 minutes ago, Dudley said:

And this is very good news because it's the WRC9 developer and publisher that are also working on Test Drive Unlimited 3.

Didn’t know that! That’s fucking awesome! I loved Test Drive Unlimited on the 360. Just imagine a PS5 Test Drive.......ooooooh yeeeeeeah!

1 minute ago, Spacehost said:

Well now you've totally lost me.

Doubt it mate. You’ve just called me “Totally Aspens”. Pretty obvious what you’re saying. Aspens is even a well known charity that works with people on the Autism Spectrum. 

Literally just been trying to help you out and you start throwing ableist insults my way. Not cool at all. 

I am in a thoroughly Godawful mood today, so if we could spare me any more helpful tips about putting my console on some levitating platform in the centre of of the room or replacing my ears with ones that hear the authoritatively correct way I would really appreciate it.

I think we all know that he googled that to look for some extra reason to be insulted. And even if actually Spacehost had happened to creatively mangle his name in to something that matched a small SE England disabled children’s’ charity that Aspel had worked with, it would take some degree of uncharitable thinking to assume that was anything but a coincidence. (I doubt that Spacehost has an encyclopaedic knowledge of Kent’s children’s’ organisations.)

In any case he’s very clearly not as not bothered as he’s making out and he needs to take a break from the thread.

1 minute ago, Ry said:

I have someone coming to buy my PS5 today. 

I do look forward to getting another when a game I want to play comes out next year. Hopefully GT7 and GoW2 are not too far away. 

A more relieved console there has never been.

15 minutes ago, Fully Aspel said:

Doubt it mate. You’ve just called me “Totally Aspens”. Pretty obvious what you’re saying. Aspens is even a well known charity that works with people on the Autism Spectrum. 

Literally just been trying to help you out and you start throwing ableist insults my way. Not cool at all. 

Coming from someone that unironically used "SJW" as a derogatory term not long ago, please understand I don't really believe you're posting in good faith here.

8 minutes ago, Disgraced Toblerone said:

Coming from someone that unironically used "SJW" as a derogatory term not long ago, please understand I don't really believe you're posting in good faith here.

Banned for misogyny too fairly recently.   Lovely bloke

7 minutes ago, sbrandon111 said:

My PS5 is a bit loud when the disk drive is spinning, and when the fan runs full tilt. It's certainly not silent but much better than the PS4. I've no reference point so hard to say if it's faulty :(

It'll be fine then. If you've not noticed anything then it's absolutely fine.

Mine's upright and at the side of my TV unit because it would never bloody fit in it but honestly it is unbelievably quiet.

Maybe if it's been in a hot enclosed space and this has started to make it noisy, it's irreversible no matter where you put it later?

Feel bad for you guys with noisy units. My original PS4 Pro ran so hot and loud it was like a harrier jump jet. I half expected Arnie to break in and mount the fucking thing

37 minutes ago, Spacehost said:

Aspen is a place in Colorado that is significantly more well known to me. I was grabbing at the nearest two words to your username. If I wanted to insult you I'd suggest you take your magic console-fixing rockstar Dumbo ears and flap over to my house with some acoustic panelling so we can build an enclosure for you and the console to sit in so I don't have to hear either of you.

Or how about dulling the sound of your faulty console by shoving it up your arse? Lol.

25 minutes ago, Disgraced Toblerone said:

I’ve spent years working with people that have severe learning difficulties. My brother has severe learning difficulties. My best mates little lad is Autistic. A few of my best mates themselves are Autistic. Think on.

16 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

Banned for misogyny too fairly recently.   Lovely bloke

Yep, I was banned for using a phrase that 99% of the 100s of women I know, use on a day to day basis in relation to both men and women and is very common in the midlands/north of England. Maybe you need to get out a bit more and interact with real women instead of your hand if it upset you? Lol.

It broke the rules of the forum though, so I was rightly banned. That’s a good thing. The rules should apply equally and fairly to all. I believe very strongly in free speech and equality and in being nice. That ones important. Be nice!

And yep......I am a lovely bloke! :)

Anyway......the PS5. Its fucking awesome! I’ve owned most consoles since the PSone from day one and the PS5 has easily had the strongest launch. Incredible hardware. Incredible backwards compatibility. Incredible controller. Incredible next gen games. Exceeded all my expectations so far. Love it!

6 minutes ago, Fully Aspel said:

Anyway......the PS5. Its fucking awesome! I’ve owned most consoles since the PSone from day one and the PS5 has easily had the strongest launch. Incredible hardware. Incredible backwards compatibility. Incredible controller. Incredible next gen games. Exceeded all my expectations so far. Love it!

Wish I shared this sentiment. Its the most underwhelming launch I have experienced for a Sony console. 

23 minutes ago, Spacehost said:

It'll be fine then. If you've not noticed anything then it's absolutely fine.

Thanks. I think i'm looking for a problem that isn't there. When people say their PS5 is silent or whisper quiet, i think "hold on, i can hear mine so it must be faulty". 

I think the noise level isn’t zero but it is unmeasurable for most of the outlets testing it, as it’s lower than the ~30db of background noise you get in an office, even at a few inches from the console. At least that’s what I saw in the few reviews that bothered to try.

1 hour ago, sbrandon111 said:

My PS5 is a bit loud when the disk drive is spinning, and when the fan runs full tilt. It's certainly not silent but much better than the PS4. I've no reference point so hard to say if it's faulty :(

When do the fan run at full tilt?

I mean what game are you playing? I get the impression my PS5 has never spun above *20% (digital console)

*this figure was pulled out of my arse

• Eighthours changed the title to PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!