PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

4 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

I'm just so happy that the people with noisy consoles have an Xbox Series X to keep them entertained while they wait for a replacement for the PS5.

Well being that I sold both the PS4 and Xbox One a few weeks ago, then yeah it's handy to have the Series X there.

37 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

Here's a weird one.

Titanfall 2. I have the standard edition from PS+. I have it downloaded on my external HDD. When I load it I can only play the trial version. I select the option to purchase and the PS Store says it's already installed.

This goes round in circles. Most peculiar.

It's obviously too early on a Sunday and in suitably caffeine deprived to read exactly what my purchase history on PSN says.

Quite clearly shows I've only ever bought the trial of TF2 and have the full game on a physical disc.

What. A. Numpty.

Sackboy is basically Yoshi. It’s only after the credits roll that you might start to wish he was Mario. The game generally gave me various flashbacks to Super Mario 3D All Stars. The time trial stages are influenced by Sunshine’s void levels (although never as devious and unforgiving) and when you get to Interstellar Junction it starts to get a bit Galaxy-esque (in terms of ideas, not actual planet hopping).

But if you make it past the music in Treble in Paradise and how the level reacts to it and aren’t fully won over, then all hope might be lost.

As for Call of Duty Cold War, after a week on PS4 I’ve moved on to PS5 and I’m impressed by every aspect of the upgrade. The ray tracing, resolution, frame rate, loading times and haptic feedback really do take the game to another level. There’s a part in the campaign where you’re on a train and it’s then when I accepted that Nintendo’s HD Rumble has been a lie all along. This is HD Rumble and I felt the train on the tracks. To be fair, that revelatory moment was really Astro Bot but it’s comforting to see Activision put the DualSense to such good use at launch on a multiformat release.

I already liked the MP in this COD anyway but now the presentation has gone from looking like a poor man’s Modern Warfare to a significant improvement. The PS5 version fixes every visual flaw that bothered me. Even the HDR looks better on my TV. I don’t know why it should but it does.

I played Days Gone's challenge mode last night - the first one where you have to survive the horde as long as possible - and it's just crazy impressive. Hundreds of enemies being hurtled through the air by tripbombs and it doesn't break a sweat. On my original pro this mode would send it into harrier jump jet mode but this is running buttery smooth and quiet with instant retry loads. Gives it that 'just one more go' effect of the old Tony Hawk games except you get points for setting the horde on fire and luring them into traps instead.

For those with original Spidey on PS4 who want to continue their save on the remaster on PS5, you now can thanks to an update that was released. It doesn't use the regular cloud save system though:

You have to update the PS4 version to 1.19, then load up the game, and you'll see an option in the menu to press R1 to upload your save. You need to do this for all save slots.

Once the game confirms the upload is successful, load up the PS5 version and, on the same menu, press R1 to download the save to the relevant slot.

I've done this just for my first slot, and confirm it works, be warned, it unlocks all the trophies all over again - constant notifications! :lol:

1 hour ago, Thor said:

For this with original Spidey on PS4 who want to continue their save on the remaster on PS5, you now can thanks to an update that was released. It doesn't use the regular cloud save system though:

You have to update the PS4 version to 1.19, then load up the game, and you'll see an option in the menu to press R1 to upload your save. You need to do this for all save slots.

Once the game confirms the upload is successful, load up the PS5 version and, on the same menu, press R1 to download the save to the relevant slot.

I've done this just for my first slot, and confirm it works, be warned, it unlocks all the trophies all over again - constant notifications! :lol:

Can you go back and forth between PS4 and PS5 versions?

3 minutes ago, Thor said:

Perhaps, I don't know if there are remaster specific trophies.

There are supposed to be some extra trophies. I haven't checked. And luckily, I hadn't yet sold my PS4, but I had deleted Spider-Man. So now I'm redownloading that to do the transfer.

I can confirm that PSVR works via the front USB port.  

However, I now have a new issue... How do I plug in my HOTAS controller to play Squadrons in VR... Do I go USB hub or just a C to A adapter for the remaining front USB port.  

I heard that PS5 doesn't let you backup saves to a USB stick, is this true? Without PS+ and cloud saves, it's a great comfort to be able to save to USB. When it comes to PS4 games, can you at least transfer PS4 saves from a USB stick to the PS5, or is that missing too?

Anyone been having fun with the “reclaim” your time notifications from Astro Playroom.

‘Just when I think I’m at end of my limits I mange to nudge out the last guy.

Really really cool stuff, the load times make all the difference.

The demons souls continue cars oesn;t work as expected though. I expect it to just booted right into the game where you left off just like Astro time trials but it just starts it up normally.

4 hours ago, Harrisown said:

Demon’s Souls got patched.

RIP patch notes...

Also is the reason you can only charge the controller from the console so they can update the controllers?

If you just charged the controllers from some plug you would never know they needed a firmware update.

I charge my controller from a plug. Haven’t plugged it into the console since I set it up. I love how they’re using USB C now. Means I can just use the one charger by my chair for the controller, my iPad, and my phone.

24 minutes ago, Bazjam said:

I charge my controller from a plug. Haven’t plugged it into the console since I set it up. I love how they’re using USB C now. Means I can just use the one charger by my chair for the controller, my iPad, and my phone.

Your pad needs a firmware update then.

1 minute ago, gooner4life said:

If he's never plugged it into the PS5 it will need a firmware update, all the pads I've plugged in downloaded one.

He said he hasn't plugged it in "since the initial setup", you can't set up the PS5 without plugging the controller in and updating it. :)

4 hours ago, FiveFootNinja said:

I also just realised literally nobody has mentioned Godfall have they? Did anyone actually buy it?

I was just wondering that, given a giant page filling advert as I opened the Epic Game Store on PC.

Did anyone buy PS5 next-gen timed exclusive and marketing "darling" Godfall when there were so many other interesting games to play?

(I hope Sony and Epic didn't pay too much money for it - I assume AMD spent a fair bit).

4 hours ago, FiveFootNinja said:

I also just realised literally nobody has mentioned Godfall have they? Did anyone actually buy it?

I'm waiting for it to arrive after having warmed to some of the more recent videos I watched of people playing it.  I think it'll be a decent co-op loot game to get stuck into with a pal or two.  I'm expecting something similar in feel to Destiny in the early days of PS4.  Light on content, repetitive but a laugh with mates.

• Eighthours changed the title to PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!