PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

34 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

My God, Sackboy is delightful.

So much fun to play!!

Plus it's got Michael from Alan Partridge in it but sounding more like that bloody meerkat from the comparison adverts.

Also, Dawn French & Richard. E. Grant are in it.

This gets better all the time. I've not started as I want to platinum Astrobot first and I'm savouring that experience.

40 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

My resistance is waning, I want to get sackboy but ive got cod, miles and astrobot to finish first.

You can finish Astrobot very quickly and if you want the platinum that’s also not hard.

Anyone got a slight addiction to the speed runs?

I get a notification when someone’s bested my time and I press the ps button and hit play and within seconds I’m at that event trying to beat their time.

8 hours ago, FiveFootNinja said:

I think I was just a bit keen when going through my digital pile of shame (especially with the added PS+ Collection titles) and some of the old favourites...

I've already deleted Driveclub and Astro's Playroom to make some space. :facepalm:

This may be a silly question but if you delete Astro’s Playroom is it possible to download it again? It came pre-installed, right? Does it exist on the store?

13 minutes ago, Darwock said:

This may be a silly question but if you delete Astro’s Playroom is it possible to download it again? It came pre-installed, right? Does it exist on the store?

Yeah it’s just in the library. I had to download it to play it in the first place as my PS5 did a full reset when transferring data and it wasn’t on there.

I've had no more copy related issues since Friday when I followed the instruction to leave the disc and let it automatically start copying the disc to the SSD.

I played for about 4 1/2 hours last night on various games and noise and heat were both practically non-existant.

When it works, it works bloody well!

Demon’s Souls got patched.

RIP patch notes...

Also is the reason you can only charge the controller from the console so they can update the controllers?

If you just charged the controllers from some plug you would never know they needed a firmware update.

2 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

Switched it on this morning. Reset itself and rebuild database error on SSD and HDD.

Now stuck on black screen and won't power down.

/Sigh

this worked for me yesterday - hope it does for you too!

@Madness That second tweet sorted it (for now).

It's just super frustrating.

I've redeemed the code for Spidey Remastered but haven't downloaded it yet - going to wait for a patch.

Not using rest mode either when I finish playing. Full power down every time until, again, there's a patch.

Have done some more investigation into the noise.

Definitely doesn't sound like coil whine now, appears to be a constant low level fan noise. Starts the moment you switch the console on, and once you start a game, the fan kicks in a lot louder. Not as loud as my PS4, but definitely audible over the TV whilst on the sofa. I have tried refitting the side panels, and also experimenting with vertical/horizontal but no real change.

Think I will be contacting Sony about organising to get it in for repair etc, or keeping an eye out for any new restocks but not much chance of that. Not a great start! :(

10 hours ago, rafaqat said:

Does it show you the action you did to earn the trophy or is it 15 seconds or a trophy notification appearing.  On PS4 there wasn't really any context to the actions on screen and when the trophy appeared on screen to be screen shotted.

It's a video of what you're doing before and after the trophy, so the final moments of a boss kill in Demon's souls. Much better than the endless black screen shots when nobody thought to time the trophy pop.

It's just they could quickly start to add up and space is at a premium, would be fine if you could set media stuff to be saved to the external drive.

There is, I think it's under your account management page in settings.

If I swapped from Demon's Souls physical to digital would my save game still be compatible? I seem to recall having some problems with that on the PS4, no idea if anything's changed now. 

23 minutes ago, unleashedmaniac said:

Have done some more investigation into the noise.

Definitely doesn't sound like coil whine now, appears to be a constant low level fan noise. Starts the moment you switch the console on, and once you start a game, the fan kicks in a lot louder. Not as loud as my PS4, but definitely audible over the TV whilst on the sofa. I have tried refitting the side panels, and also experimenting with vertical/horizontal but no real change.

Think I will be contacting Sony about organising to get it in for repair etc, or keeping an eye out for any new restocks but not much chance of that. Not a great start! :(

Can you not return to retailer? 

41 minutes ago, Darwock said:

I thought all the advice pre-launch was “don’t use rest mode”? Why is nobody heeding that advice.

Never seen anyone mention that, I use rest mode with ac valhalla and it works without issue. Few seconds between powering console up and game being playable in full 4k glory. Absolutely astounding even my beast pc can't do that. 

Here's a weird one.

Titanfall 2. I have the standard edition from PS+. I have it downloaded on my external HDD. When I load it I can only play the trial version. I select the option to purchase and the PS Store says it's already installed.

This goes round in circles. Most peculiar.

I don't have the console yet, but the new trophy sharing looks pretty neat. I imagine it eats up space on the drive eventually, but making the last few moments shareable as a short clip seems way better than the old PS4 trophy screenshots (which would nearly always be a black screen or the game's loading screen... :doh: )