Jump to content

PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Thor said:

Here's a launch day story that amused me.

 

My nephew, Corey, who turns 10 in a couple of weeks, was telling all his friends in school yesterday that his Uncle Mark was getting a PS5 - apparently his friend William calls me the console collector! So it's the end of the school day, and his dad picks him up. Corey's first question, "Did he get the PS5?", my brother confirms that I did indeed get one. 

 

"Dad, slow down, I need to wind the window down", my brother does as instructed and notices they're about to pass Corey's friends as they walk home from school. Corey puts his head out the window and shouts...

 

"PS5, SUCKERS!"  :lol:

 

His dad had the last laugh though, he turned to Corey and said, "You know we're not going home, right? We're sleeping over Nana's tonight"

 

Corey: :o

 

Corey is my spirit animal, I just want to go into the Xbox thread all the time and shout "PS5, SUCKERS!" :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BedroomBusinessman said:

Has anyone tried having multiple accounts from different regions on their PS5?

 

Currently on PS4 my digital purchases are split across UK and USA accounts on the same system, would be ideal to carry on in the same structure.

 

Yup, I have logged in a us and uk account and downloaded games on both. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BedroomBusinessman said:

Has anyone tried having multiple accounts from different regions on their PS5?

 

Currently on PS4 my digital purchases are split across UK and USA accounts on the same system, would be ideal to carry on in the same structure.

Yep, first thing I did was log into my UK and JP accounts. It works exactly the same as PS4.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lyrical Donut said:

Yep, first thing I did was log into my UK and JP accounts. It works exactly the same as PS4.

 

I can't remember now as it's been a while since I used one of my other region accounts, but on PS4 did it not just stick all the games in the library if all accounts had the Ps4 activated? PS5 isn't you have to login with the user to download the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gooner4life said:

 

I can't remember now as it's been a while since I used one of my other region accounts, but on PS4 did it not just stick all the games in the library if all accounts had the Ps4 activated? PS5 isn't you have to login with the user to download the game.

Yes it does this on PS5 too - I'd backed up my PS4 stuff in advance to an external SSD last week, though. When I logged into my UK account, the JP stuff had the padlock icon displaying in the library. Once I'd logged into the JP account everything was fine and accessible from the UK account.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I fixed my noisy fan: I just happened to move the console from flat to vertical while it was on a couple of times (as you do) and it’s fine now. I mean, there’s definitely still a noise there, but it’s fighting my tinnitus for attention.

 

edit- nah, it’s back.

 

Edit edit- and now it's mostly gone.

 

I think, just from my unscientific and inadvisable system of "moving the console around while it's on", since the fan is just sort of sandwiched into position, it can wind up at a slight angle, with the blades "rubbing" the edge of the cavity it's in. Or something similar. I reckon you could fix it with some foam or something to keep it in position more easily.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Majora said:

In Demon's Souls the card system is a lot more pared back, understandably, but it's still telling me what the reward is for completing the level I'm on. I really don't want to know stuff like that... In a Souls game it really doesn't matter much, it's probably just a boss soul or something, but in a game I've never played before if a quest or level had a unique or cool reward I think I'd be annoyed to see stuff like that.

Its funny that they've put all this effort into flagging spoilers in screenshots, videos and streams, yet the menu tells you who the upcoming boss is whenever you press the PS button.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s quite a shame that TLOU2, God of war, uncharted 4, RDR2 and even crash bandicoot all have hard locks at 30fps. GOW can be played at 1080p 60 but that’s it. 
 

Sony should have reached out to these developers and gotten them to do a pass for PS5. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Had my third crash last night. I was mucking about with the visual settings in Demon's Souls. This feels like the Xbox 360 all over again. I only ever got the RROD once, but I went through another four 360 consoles that would lock up just like this PS5 does before getting a sixth that actually properly fucking worked. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rob Rymond said:

I keep being told my TV doesn't support HDR but it did on PS4. Granted its an older TV now, but is this a problem with older versions?


I had a similar issue with my Series X when plugged into HDMI 2; I moved it to HDMI 1 and it stopped complaining. 
 

The strange thing is I consequently moved the PS4 to HDMI 2 and HDR still works. 
 

There must be some difference in HDR implementation and spec in the ports, but damned if I know. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thor said:

Had my third crash last night. I was mucking about with the visual settings in Demon's Souls. This feels like the Xbox 360 all over again. I only ever got the RROD once, but I went through another four 360 consoles that would lock up just like this PS5 does before getting a sixth that actually properly fucking worked. 

 

Just think of yourself as a pioneer. Bravely going forward to suffer slings and arrows of early adopter technology for the weak and feeble majority who'll wait a little while.before dipping their feet in the pool...

 

You are the hero Gotham needs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thor said:

Had my third crash last night. I was mucking about with the visual settings in Demon's Souls. This feels like the Xbox 360 all over again. I only ever got the RROD once, but I went through another four 360 consoles that would lock up just like this PS5 does before getting a sixth that actually properly fucking worked. 

 

I'm getting hard crashes all the time. 

 

I really dislike the console at the moment. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Popo said:


I had a similar issue with my Series X when plugged into HDMI 2; I moved it to HDMI 1 and it stopped complaining. 
 

The strange thing is I consequently moved the PS4 to HDMI 2 and HDR still works. 
 

There must be some difference in HDR implementation and spec in the ports, but damned if I know. 

 

It was indeed the ports, I had to use HDMI 1, however on using it, I noticed that the text and general screen seemed blurry and I had no idea how to fix it so switched back to a non HDR port.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow it turns out that WRC9 is pretty incredible with the PS5 pad. The haptics really add to the immersion and the triggers actually fight back when you’re braking at speed. I’m not much of a racing game fan, but picked it up anyway in the PSN Black Friday sale as I’d heard good things about it.  This really does feel next gen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BongoInferno said:

Wow it turns out that WRC9 is pretty incredible with the PS5 pad. The haptics really add to the immersion and the triggers actually fight back when you’re braking at speed. I’m not much of a racing game fan, but picked it up anyway in the PSN Black Friday sale as I’d heard good things about it.  This really does feel next gen.

Sold. Heard good things about the ps4 version and getting to test a racing game with the haptics is exciting! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad times.

Im back at work and a couple of guys I work with got the ps5

 

“so what do you think”

 

”myeah It’s fine “ - “yeah it’s alright”

 

”did you try that Astro thing, the controller demo”

 

”nah I just deleted it” - “nah I was like ‘I an’t playin that shit’ so I deleted it and just set it up how I like it with COD and FIFA”

 

”wtf are you serious , you didn’t even try it? What do you think about the controller” 

 

“I was playing COD and the triggers started messing up so I turned it off, they make it to hard to press ,really stiff ,so you just die all the time”

 

 

Wow the youth of today.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ry said:

 

I'm getting hard crashes all the time. 

 

I really dislike the console at the moment. 

It’s clear from the last two days that the firmware is barely in a beta state. Sony have a lot if work to do. There’s alot I hate about the new interface. I would put your problems down to software not hardware.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

Sad times.

Im back at work and a couple of guys I work with got the ps5

 

“so what do you think”

 

”myeah It’s fine “ - “yeah it’s alright”

 

”did you try that Astro thing, the controller demo”

 

”nah I just deleted it” - “nah I was like ‘I an’t playin that shit’ so I deleted it and just set it up how I like it with COD and FIFA”

 

”wtf are you serious , you didn’t even try it? What do you think about the controller” 

 

“I was playing COD and the triggers started messing up so I turned it off, they make it to hard to press ,really stiff ,so you just die all the time”

 

 

Wow the youth of today.

 

 

 

:D I expect they'll be a lot of people like that. They buy things because their mates have and don't want to feel left out. :) Many are destined to be be FIFA and CoD machines. But hey a sale is a sale right? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Everytime I go into my profile, it shows trophies for games I turned on and then never played again. You used to be able to hide them but can't see the option now?

 

One thing that puts me off using Netflix on the PS5 is that I have to faff around in TV menus to turn on/off Game mode, so think I'll stick to using the TV app.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Eighthours changed the title to PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.