PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

Happy PS5 day everyone! Despite being theoretically able to get one last week, I completely failed on the pre-order front and now I think I've just given up for now. I'll see if I can get one fractionally cheaper in the New Year sales over here. Meanwhile, enjoy your consoles you lucky gits.

Just stuck an order in with Curry’s fwiw. Order went through as normal, so will see if it gets binned off. Worth a shot though. The page had def changed as it was down at £2.5K yesterday. 

Happy launch day, good luck out there!!

3 minutes ago, geldra said:

Just stuck an order in with Curry’s fwiw. Order went through as normal, so will see if it gets binned off. 

Happy launch day, good luck out there!!

I also did this, but it's clear that it's just a glitch and you'll receive an email stating your order is delayed. The problem is they also instantly take payment.

1 minute ago, keineboom said:

I also did this, but it's clear that it's just a glitch and you'll receive an email stating your order is delayed. The problem is they also instantly take payment.

Delayed but not cancelled?  I assumed the delayed email was due to them not being able to get it to you for launch day as stated on the site? Hmmmmm. 

4 minutes ago, geldra said:

Delayed but not cancelled?  I assumed the delayed email was due to them not being able to get it to you for launch day as stated on the site? Hmmmmm. 

Just states delayed, no actual confirmation of a delivery date, despite receiving an earlier confirmation. Just a glitch in the system and you're essentially pre ordering one from the next allocation, but paying straight away. Have started a refund request.

Just having a quick debate with my wife about whether it's OK to just call in sick today.

She reckons it's unethical, and I get where she's coming from, but what I'd say to that it's that unethical not to

Dunno if anyone can settle this for us, please. 

4 minutes ago, Marlew said:

Just having a quick debate with my wife about whether it's OK to just call in sick today.

She reckons it's unethical, and I get where she's coming from, but what I'd say to that it's that unethical not to

Chidi Anegonye says it’s fine :eyebrows:

5 minutes ago, Marlew said:

Totally acceptable reason to pull a sicky. If I was your boss I'd fire you if you came to work today!

I got one from Currys at about 6 but the people on the live chat say it shouldn't have gone up until 9am, the management starts at 8 so they're not sure yet what will happen. Got to feel for their call centre guys if they call it a glitch and cancel