PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

I am now officially jealous of those that were able to get over the looks and mass of this thing and put a pre-order in as I was too repelled by the looks to even consider buying one.  Since then the jazzy Demon's and potential for something new with the controller make this a far more interesting launch than the absolute non-event that was the recent Xbox launch.

I assume that it is unlikely that there will be further stock anywhere anytime soon?

1 minute ago, Mike S said:

I am now officially jealous of those that were able to get over the looks and mass of this thing and put a pre-order in as I was too repelled by the looks to even consider buying one.  Since then the jazzy Demon's and potential for something new with the controller make this a far more interesting launch than the absolute non-event that was the recent Xbox launch.

I assume that it is unlikely that there will be further stock anywhere anytime soon?

Sadly even though I have grown to kinda like how it looks in its weird monolothic curved glory - I have no space on my tv unit apart from plenty of space behind my TV. So it will be completely hidden away.

@Mike S

31 minutes ago, cubik said:

For those of us that don't have a preorder but are trying to get hold of one tomorrow, what's the latest info on who will be selling it?

From what I've seen, these are the culprits and some have announced the times they'll be available (this info is anecdotal through comments on HUKD so don't blame me if they are wrong)

https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/ps5-pre-order-info-thread-subscribe-3544651

Amazon - Available from 12:00

Game - Available from 09:00

Tesco - Available from 09:00

Asda - Available in the morning

John Lewis - Available in the morning

Currys - Available from 09:00

Very

AO

Smyths have said they definitely won't have any tomorrow. Same applies to Argos.

Good luck everyone, don't wear out the F5 key.

4 minutes ago, Mr Ben said:

I'll be sat in front of my PC tomorrow morning slamming that refresh button on all them 9 am websites. I better manage to nab a PS5! :unsure:

Make sure you have accounts logged in to wherever you're trying to get one (with updated payment details) before spamming F5 ;) 

6 minutes ago, Mr Ben said:

PS4 games work on PS5, saves and all. UIpload to the cloud. Should be fine.

I'll be sat in front of my PC tomorrow morning slamming that refresh button on all them 9 am websites. I better manage to nab a PS5! :unsure:

So it would have uploaded automatically I take it? I sold my PS4 months ago so can't test it

7 minutes ago, Ry said:

I do have PS Plus though, please can someone confirm if my save will be in their cloud service? Or would I have to have uploaded the save myself? 

As long as it was set as your primary PS4 it should be in the cloud, my only slight doubt is whether you need to trigger them the first time yourself?

1 minute ago, scoobysi said:

As long as it was set as your primary PS4 it should be in the cloud, my only slight doubt is whether you need to trigger them the first time yourself?

This gives me the fear. I have never seen an option for cloud saving. 

17 minutes ago, Uzi said:

Sadly even though I have grown to kinda like how it looks in its weird monolothic curved glory - I have no space on my tv unit apart from plenty of space behind my TV. So it will be completely hidden away.

That seems like the best solution to be fair. If I had the space behind he TV to hide it I'd have been there day one.

The thought of it is still disgusting but that one game is a big, big draw.

32 minutes ago, Ferine said:

Saves can't be stored on the same external storage you use for games, although you can transfer them from internal storage to a USB stick.

Thanks, not the answer I was looking for as now I have to go through and make sure everything is synced. Word of warning if your PS4 has ever been switched to a non primary device then the saves don't automatically sync even once it's primary again. I'd advise checking before you jump.

18 minutes ago, Steven said:

@Mike S

Excellent, thanks!

I didn't think there would be any stock at all so that's something at least. I'll obviously not score one as the bots will hoover them up but I shall be happy to waste a morning disappointing myself whilst y'all get stuck into Souls.

My final act before bedtime... pull out the PS4 and take her upstairs to her new home behind the bedroom tv (to replace the VitaTV)... there’s a big hole left that’s the perfect size for a Ps5 that will be here tomorrow morning (but hopefully before/after and not during the school run :doh:)

4BAA6274-5233-4B36-ACC8-7A8C5D05050C.jpeg

Good luck and bon voyage to all those about to set sail. It really is lovely! I think Astrobot is going to go down an absolute storm and surprise many if not all.

Can't wait to hear more impressions as everyone gets theirs. :D

4 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

......and it’s officially out!

Yup, Happy PS5 day everybody. Some one on here must be able to go to a midnight opening... Maybe in EU land, could already be home with it plugged in for the first time... I know if it wasn't for lockdown I'd be picking mine up round about now.