PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

Spiderman MM and Demon's Souls have amazing reserve cover art devoid of any logos or text (bar the game name for Spidey). Hopefully all first part sony games follow suit and great if third parties make the effort too.

3 hours ago, Harrisown said:

Also you have to manually download each games cloud saves on ps5.

No, you don't. Press Options and you can select all.

EDIT

Oooops, sorry, there's no Options button on the DS5, but the process is the same.

Captura.JPG.096a70ecbc34de3590b9487f62a952d4.JPG

1 hour ago, joffocakes said:

I do appreciate that we can just use the Playstation App for voice chat now since I can just use my phone. I don't want to spend money on a headset just for videogames.

Can you? Didn't know that. So if I want to play online, I can use my decent bluetooth headphones with my phone, rather than my falling-apart PS 2.0 headset? Presumably the app just does chat, rather than all game audio.

5 minutes ago, K said:

Can you? Didn't know that. So if I want to play online, I can use my decent bluetooth headphones with my phone, rather than my falling-apart PS 2.0 headset? Presumably the app just does chat, rather than all game audio.

Yes, yes, and yes.  Did exactly that yesterday and it worked like a charm.

4 minutes ago, K said:

Yeah the app is just chat, and works for parties across PS4 and PS5. I've not used it yet because I have absolutely nothing to say.

I mostly play with an arcade stick that had no 3.5mm audio socket so I'd use the Playstation Camera as my mic and all people could hear was the echo of clicking buttons.

26 minutes ago, Cyhwuhx said:

I still remember the Switch being nuked for daring to provide the same mobile chat option and now it’s a wanted feature. :D Go figure. 

That was probably because it was the only way to do it on the switch - misuse of the word option I would say ;)

2 hours ago, amorenod said:

No, you don't. Press Options and you can select all.

EDIT

Oooops, sorry, there's no Options button on the DS5, but the process is the same.

Captura.JPG.096a70ecbc34de3590b9487f62a952d4.JPG

yeah I know that. I’m of the understanding though that downloading a game, I dunno, Prey for example, won’t download your cloud save automatically. You have to button press into it to grab them.

So says Jeff from Ginat Bomb anyway

9 minutes ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

No graphical enhancements for Last Of Us 2. (But there are Dual Sense features) 

He sounds like a colossal twat, I got as far as him having a go at MS about DRM and needing to be online. 

image.png.5c629b56a0a1ce3d59c9d4f65d548700.png

12 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

yeah I know that. I’m of the understanding though that downloading a game, I dunno, Prey for example, won’t download your cloud save automatically. You have to button press into it to grab them.

So says Jeff from Ginat Bomb anyway

Ah, yes, it could be. When I swapped my original PS4 for a Pro, downloading all saves made more sense.

30 minutes ago, macosx said:

For all the presentation time Cerny gave to 3D audio I haven’t seen much commented on it since release in any of the reviews/impressions?

I’ve heard it mentioned loads in Demon’s Souls reviews/impressions. 

1 hour ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

I reckon anyone who isn't American and calls a megadrive a "genesis" is a colossal twat. 

What about non-Japanese people calling the Snes the Super Famicom? Because let's face it, Famicom sounds way more awesome.

8 hours ago, Cyhwuhx said:

Just imagine the noise those two’ll make together!

Reveal hidden contents

NONE!

For those who haven't experienced the XsX and are excitedly awaiting the PS5, I can confirm having a lightning fast but completely silent console is a godsend. It's incredible, you hear nothing - I gladly packed up the jumbo jet that was my PS4 to make room for its silent but powerful follow-up.

Going through my old games and seeing how fast everything is now is just amazing. EDF2017 loads in 2 seconds :wub: Can't wait to experience Miles Morales.

• gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5 | 2 Days - See OP for link to Ultimate FAQ
  • gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5 - See OP for link to Ultimate FAQ
  • Eighthours changed the title to PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!