PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

8 minutes ago, FozZ said:

My pad now has a friend to keep it company until next week! Maybe I can watch the Sackboy launch trailer in the reflection of the disc whilst holding the pad..... This week is gunna drag isn't it :wacko:

PXL_20201112_172556076.thumb.jpg.cd41636ec01fbbeea0db51c1dff354bd.jpg

Sackboy looks great, all the little LBP touches and sounds. I think it’ll be a great Christmas game so might get it for then. Does it have local co-op like LBP?

Bugger. I remember watching the PS5 reveal and being rather underwhelmed. Games didn’t interest me much and I really didn’t like the look of the console at all. As we get closer to launch my interest has increased and I sat down just now and watched half an hour of game trailers. Don’t know what I was thinking at the reveal, because now I really want a PS5. So want to play Sackboy, Spider-Man and Demon’s. I know it’s a while away, but Deathloop looks astonishingly good. The console still looks dreadful, but hey, I’ll let that go. Anyway, guess I’ll be trying to order one on the 19th.

Given the muted response to the Series consoles, I'm really looking forward to a proper next-gen experience based on the reviews and impressions of the PS5. It seems that it's not just the controller but the actual games which feel like a step forward. BC is a bonus because the PS4 library is so good, but next-gen games are the driver for me. Definitely made the right decision to give away my Series X preorder.

3 hours ago, Marlew said:

Given the muted response to the Series consoles, I'm really looking forward to a proper next-gen experience based on the reviews and impressions of the PS5. It seems that it's not just the controller but the actual games which feel like a step forward. BC is a bonus because the PS4 library is so good, but next-gen games are the driver for me. Definitely made the right decision to give away my Series X preorder.

Yep, this generation of Xbox consoles are complete duds BUT they do have the new version of Tetris Effect which isn’t coming to PlayStation until next year, so it’s not all bad news for them.

5 hours ago, Len said:

Nice. I can't wait to play it with my daughter. Think she's going to love it.

yeah my thoughts exactly. She also loves watching the souls games, I think she learns it at the same time! Doesn’t play them though.

astro bot sounds like an absolute gem

• gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5 - See OP for link to Ultimate FAQ
  • Eighthours changed the title to PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!