PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

2 minutes ago, Minion said:

Re the limited SSD space, I've noticed that the webstore doesn't show the size of the game you are looking at anymore, I'm not sure if that's on purpose or more likely just another failure in the abomination of the new store. Still I'm totally hyped, (partly because I also have 7 working days off from the 19th and I am exhausted) 13 days now! 

We can still use external USB storage which is ok for now whilst we wait for Sony to confirm which SSD drives work with the PS5. I will need to do some housekeeping to go down from the current 2TB on the PS4.

1 hour ago, El Spatula said:

Shimmyhill is a bit funny with non Nintendo games and somewhat prone to hyperbole.

I dunno why. I don't think I've been really excited by anything Nintendo put out since BOTW (which I found a bit dull overall thanks to its awful story elements) and recently sold my console for lack of use. About to get a PS5 and have piles of decent games lined up and very excited to play. Doubt I'll ever go back to the Switch this gen.

14 minutes ago, Minion said:

Re the limited SSD space, I've noticed that the webstore doesn't show the size of the game you are looking at anymore, I'm not sure if that's on purpose or more likely just another failure in the abomination of the new store.

Given the website doesn't even display prices or the purchase buttons in certain instances, it's fairly safe to assume incompetence rather than maliciousness.

8 minutes ago, Pelekophoros said:

Given the website doesn't even display prices or the purchase buttons in certain instances, it's fairly safe to assume incompetence rather than maliciousness.

Yeah that's what I think, it's just annoying when you have already limited space. They need to release that slot asap.

Maybe I've just plain ignored PS Now for too long, but in trying to see if the PS Store was updated, I stumbled upon the fact that PS Now is €60 a year. That's... cheap... enough? (And rather odd as most PS Now promos seem to imply €10 a month instead...)

Will be interesting to see what it'll do with PS5 games after the launch, because at that price and with game downloads it could be a rather OK-ish Game Pass replacement.

10 hours ago, footle said:

Got a source for GT7 in the first half of 2021?!

Officially no, but I have 'insiders'. GT7 has been promised for Q1, but got bumped because there are too many other titles in Q1 ) Ithink Sony Management are finally wise to Kaz and his shenanigans). Now slated for June, how we laughed, expect it Sept/Oct.

5 minutes ago, Radish said:

You can find it online for £33-35 for the year too. It's good for third party, the only real downside is that Sony are reluctant to put many of their own games on it. 

Bit of a shame, but they're closer to having a full-blown Game Pass than I expected. Considering their current focus, they'll probably never have launch-day parity.

On 04/11/2020 at 23:34, Quexex said:

Guess the slow console news ATM is to be expected during the US election. I guess Friday will be the beginning of the marketing push given the launches in the US are so close.

Apparently the embargo lifts today so expects a wave of news as soon as the Americans get up ;)

20 minutes ago, Cyhwuhx said:

Bit of a shame, but they're closer to having a full-blown Game Pass than I expected. Considering their current focus, they'll probably never have launch-day parity.

It's practically the same as Game Pass with the addition of streaming PS3 games (if that's you're thing) but the subtraction of All Sony First Party, which obvs MS put them up there day one and don't take them done. 

Sony will never do that though. Their first party games are huge budget big sellers that need that impact and not the smaller budget loss leader approach that MS take with it's first party titles. 

5 minutes ago, catinthehat said:

Just me who quite likes the look of Godfall, then?  It looks pretty, has big weapons, and doesn't seem to require much thought to play.  Seems like the perfect choice to dip into when Demon's get a bit frustrating.

I'm fucking getting one.

Going to wait and see but certainly considering it. 

6 minutes ago, catinthehat said:

Just me who quite likes the look of Godfall, then?  It looks pretty, has big weapons, and doesn't seem to require much thought to play.  Seems like the perfect choice to dip into when Demon's get a bit frustrating.

I'm fucking getting one.

I really would like something else to play (only spiderman interests me at launch) but refuse to pay over £50 for any game. I might pick it up depending on reviews and when its down to £30 or less. 

47 minutes ago, catinthehat said:

I'm fucking getting one.

I've ordered it but I am not sure exactly what it is or why is has to be online.

1 hour ago, Cyhwuhx said:

If this is supposed to be snarky you really need to get a PSVR with Astro Bot: Resuce Mission. I wouldn't be surprised if Team Asobi is a bunch of ex-Nintendo devs at Sony. Regardless, hats off to them.

It absolutely was, but yeah, I've played it.

A good game in VR. 

1 hour ago, Cyhwuhx said:

If this is supposed to be snarky you really need to get a PSVR with Astro Bot: Resuce Mission. I wouldn't be surprised if Team Asobi is a bunch of ex-Nintendo devs at Sony. Regardless, hats off to them.

Nah, Nic who heads up that team hails from Sony London Studio, transferred  on a temporary basis year back - achieved great success with Playroom for the PS4 launch and has been delivering the awesome ever since. He is a hardcore Nintendo fanboy though which comes through in his work.

5 minutes ago, Quexex said:

Nah, Nic who heads up that team hails from Sony London Studio, transferred  on a temporary basis year back - achieved great success with Playroom for the PS4 launch and has been delivering the awesome ever since. He is a hardcore Nintendo fanboy though which comes through in his work.

I'll put by hat back on and take it off once more then.

1 hour ago, Quexex said:

Officially no, but I have 'insiders'. GT7 has been promised for Q1, but got bumped because there are too many other titles in Q1 ) Ithink Sony Management are finally wise to Kaz and his shenanigans). Now slated for June, how we laughed, expect it Sept/Oct.

For a GT game within a year of a console releasing would be quite something! :) I was hoping that the PS5 version of GT would embrace PSVR a bit more and have it available for full races etc. Quite liked using the limited version of PSVR support in GT:Sport. After playing racers on the PC in VR its something that makes it a completely different experience. However I'm guessing PSVR support hasn't been ruled out so you never know....

After a bit of tapping away last night and this morning, I appear to have pre-ordered a PS5 plus extra controller from GAME! (No email confirmation sent, but I can see it in my account. Are they taking money immediately, does anyone know?)

Next gen's back on the menu, boys.

(EDIT: Confirmation email received!)

4 minutes ago, Pelekophoros said:

I think it looks ace.

NEXT GEN WARFRAME REVEALED still never played the original much

I remember Warframe being a little underwhelming  at the PS4 launch but apparently the game has come on A LOT since then with significant content and updates. the PS5/PS4 side by side comparison is welcome too. I wonder how many other 'upgraded' games will do the same.

15 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

After a bit of tapping away last night and this morning, I appear to have pre-ordered a PS5 plus extra controller from GAME! (No email confirmation sent, but I can see it in my account. Are they taking money immediately, does anyone know?)

No money taken at this point for me.

I got my order through almost 24 hours ago, but haven't yet received the "Make sure you have the cash ready" email that others have mentioned receiving in the last day or so.  Slightly concerning, but we'll see if I get that mail today.

Seems EA is firmly in the Microsoft camp at the start of this gen, with EA access added to GamePass and now the XsX updates to current games make me envious - Especially Squadrons... but hey I can hope they do more later, as unlikely as that might be.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-11-05-ea-details-next-gen-enhancements-coming-to-star-wars-squadrons-apex-legends-more

• Eighthours changed the title to PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!
  • gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5 - See OP for link to Ultimate FAQ