Jump to content

PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!


Recommended Posts

The recent announcements about Days Gone and God of War hitting 60fps and supporting cross-save have made me want one now. Hopefully store stock will start to appear online and I can snipe one. 
 

What are the chances of boosts to Horizon, Uncharted and Bloodborne, do we think?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harrisown said:

2E8BF970-7872-471F-8753-1F8AB3C52246.thumb.png.827e6ef6dd5f2ef3aad99e797830e3c2.png

 

I used a guest account to purchase it. I’m guessing everything is fine and I don’t need to move that over to a proper account which I only made the other day (don’t know why I didn’t have one already)

Ill leave it and just wait for them to take payment then it’ll be reeeeeal.

I'm on a guest account as well, couldn't login to my proper account when the preorders went live. Really don't want to mess with it now just it case it screws up the order. Will take the receipt in to store once they open and get the points added to my account.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:


In reductive terms, it would maybe be akin to getting a SNES + Super Mario Allstars bundled in having never played SMB1&3 on the NES. A more than decent move and instant access to some of the best that gaming as a medium has to offer, in other words.

Is Demon Souls free and bundled in? So its not at all like that is it? You are buying a £350 console (digital) and then paying another £70. To play a remaster of a 11 year old game. Its not even being released on the PS4 either. Which would be more than capable of running it. Its for the gamers. I guess. ;) Anyhow. Don't want to derail this thread anymore as it is an Xbox thread and apologies.  Just have to agree to disagree that it isn't a system seller for me and is perhaps for others.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pob said:

The recent announcements about Days Gone and God of War hitting 60fps and supporting cross-save have made me want one now. Hopefully store stock will start to appear online and I can snipe one. 
 

What are the chances of boosts to Horizon, Uncharted and Bloodborne, do we think?

I think the chances of any game in the PSPlus Collection having a boost is pretty high, outside of that it will depend on if it's the 'top 100 most played'.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pob said:

The recent announcements about Days Gone and God of War hitting 60fps and supporting cross-save have made me want one now. Hopefully store stock will start to appear online and I can snipe one. 
 

What are the chances of boosts to Horizon, Uncharted and Bloodborne, do we think?

 

I'd say very high for Horizon and Uncharted. Will probably be a shadow drop announcement at some point. 

Bloodborne, I just fucking hope so. From seem not arsed to update that game, in general.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kevvy Metal said:

 

I'd say very high for Horizon and Uncharted. Will probably be a shadow drop announcement at some point. 

Bloodborne, I just fucking hope so. From seem not arsed to update that game, in general.

Yeah Bloodbourne is the one that I'd like to see have the frame pacing issues fixed as well as 60fps. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Quexex said:

I'm on a guest account as well, couldn't login to my proper account when the preorders went live. Really don't want to mess with it now just it case it screws up the order. Will take the receipt in to store once they open and get the points added to my account.

 

 

Yeah, just got that (bought as a guest). Unless there's an issue (like an ultra-helpful random stop by the bank) I'll just leave it alone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

 

 

Been posted yet? No in-store purchases anywhere, online only.

Seems like the responsible thing to do given the situation. As most units have been preordered and Click and Collect (or similar)seems to be an option for everyone I think it will be fine. Even if I 'had' to pay for delivery at this point I wouldn't be that bothered.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Quexex said:

Yeah Bloodbourne is the one that I'd like to see have the frame pacing issues fixed as well as 60fps. 

What if PS5 could be forced to ignore frame rate caps from an OS level when in backwards compatibility mode :O

 

#won’t happen 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

What if PS5 could be forced to ignore frame rate caps from an OS level when in backwards compatibility mode :O

 

#won’t happen 

I don't think that will help the frame pacing issue, that's deep in the code of BB, something systemic they need to fix rather than just brute processing power. As they haven't fixed it yet (and the could have) I'm not going to get my hopes up. Admittedly it would be less jarring at 60fps or if they used VRR

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Is Demon Souls free and bundled in? So its not at all like that is it? You are buying a £350 console (digital) and then paying another £70. To play a remaster of a 11 year old game. Its not even being released on the PS4 either. Which would be more than capable of running it. Its for the gamers. I guess. ;) Anyhow. Don't want to derail this thread anymore as it is an Xbox thread and apologies.  Just have to agree to disagree that it isn't a system seller for me and is perhaps for others.

 

 

There’s no chance the PS4 could run it. It looks properly mind blowing in terms of graphics.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Calashnikov said:


We’ve all been over this already, but it’s more than “a 2009 PS3 game“. It’s where the arguable GOAT series started, and it’s been forever locked rotting away on a dead console with dead servers.
 

The series has since become beloved by millions, and a huge swathe of that community has never had an opportunity to play this daddy of them all, because they were late to the party. I include myself in that bracket.
 

This will be no old game to me and millions of other people like me. There are also likely to be people buying PS5’s who were like 9 years old when Demon’s Souls originally came out. I doubt they played the original back in the day, but they’ll no doubt be wanking themselves into a frenzy about playing the remake, because just fucking look at it. 

 

You’re talking arguable top 3 launch title of all time with this version of Demon’s Souls. Throw in shiny Miles Morales and it’s arguable top 3 launch lineups ever, and arguable top 1 outside of Nintendo consoles.


It’s a remake, its not going to shift big numbers or consoles - let’s be truthful here, it’s no Mario Kart 8.

Link to post
Share on other sites

All this Game shenanigans makes me wonder if they are putting stock from stores that has not been preordered back into the system, as each one gets added some lucky so and so manages to nix it. It's the only way I can explain the phantom PS5 refresh trick on their site.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:


It’s a remake, its not going to shift big numbers or consoles - let’s be truthful here, it’s no Mario Kart 8.


Not much is Mario Kart 8 when it comes to sales. I was all set to wait for a PS5 Slim years down the line, but then the Demon’s Souls gameplay trailer was shown and the game was confirmed for launch. I am now down 2 grand having ordered a PS5, the game and a new telly. System sold well and truly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bloodborne is hard-coded all over the place to 30fps. Quite recently someone heavily edited the BB code, splicing in code from the PS4 DS3 engine and demoed it running on a hacked PS4 Pro in boost mode, reaching up to 60fps -  so it can certainly be done. However I doubt FROM would do it - they never cared enough to fix their frame-pacing - so it would need Sony to sort it out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:


Not much is Mario Kart 8 when it comes to sales. I was all set to wait for a PS5 Slim years down the line, but then the Demon’s Souls gameplay trailer was shown and the game was confirmed for launch. I am now down 2 grand having ordered a PS5, the game and a new telly. System sold well and truly. 


A small minority you are, I like most of the gaming population have zero interest in it having played the original, Dark souls and Bloodborne and just not liking them! 
 

Im not saying it’s anything other than (potentially) a great game but it’s the most niche launch game out there and when Sony conceived the PS5 there is no doubt they wanted an actual big hitter to launch with much like Microsoft did!

 

3 minutes ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

 

We'll just have to assume he hasn't seen it. Seems to think it's just a res-bump of an unpopular old game :rolleyes:

 

Sorry for the digression. Carry on, xboxing! 

 

The thing is the game could run on PS4, it wouldn’t look as good of course but then it could run on PC and look much better than on PS5....

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

He caught me playing Batman yesterday and told me "Batman can't push people he doesn't like."

 

Hope you set him straight by telling him that he was correct but he can stove people's kidneys and bollocks in and throw them in vats of toxic waste.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Quexex said:

All this Game shenanigans makes me wonder if they are putting stock from stores that has not been preordered back into the system, as each one gets added some lucky so and so manages to nix it. It's the only way I can explain the phantom PS5 refresh trick on their site.

Almost certainly. Sony has banned launch day purchases in stores so that's likely why. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

It looks pretty smooth at least (except for some of the cinematics? Might be my imagination but they looked like they chugged a little). They probably should have taken the helmets off before trying to have emotional scenes because I don't think it really works when you can't see their faces, but I think the gameplay looks decent. Story seems to be incredibly generic. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.theverge.com/2020/11/5/21551165/sony-ps5-playstation-5-no-m2-ssd-expansion-launch

 

 

Quote

Sony says its PlayStation 5 can load virtual worlds far faster than ever before, thanks to one of the fastest solid-state drives ever made — but it’s also not a particularly big drive. Sony has confirmed to The Verge that you won’t be able to expand that blazing-fast SSD storage on day one.

While the PS5 features a dedicated internal slot that can theoretically fit standard stick-shaped M.2 SSDs and an easy way to access it, the slot will apparently be disabled out of the box. “[T]his is reserved for a future update,” Sony tells The Verge.

Time to start cancelling those pre-orders folks. This changes everything. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

Can you all please stop posting that you got it to work in like 30mins to a few hours. At least have the decency to wait a few days and tell me it was hell for you.

 

I can now try so fast (click order - fail - back - forward - click order (repeat)) I get this

 

image.png.c4be26b95fa1d2c3e19768fb11be4126.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ry said:

So Miles Morales on PS4 is a free upgrade day one to the PS5 version, is that right? 

 

What's the point in buying the more expensive PS5 version? Am I missing some this here?


It’s daft and doesn’t make much sense! I’ve bought WRC9 and Watch Dogs Legion both on PS4. WRC9 cost £40 and Watch Dogs cost £38, yet they both include free PS5 upgrades. The PS5 versions on their own, both together, would have cost me £20 more!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SeanR said:

 

I can now try so fast (click order - fail - back - forward - click order (repeat)) I get this

 

You must have a turbo pad!  Persistence rather than speed to get it in the basket - speed afterwards!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m trying to work out if the PS5 will fit in my TV unit - what do you guys think?  I reckon I’d have maybe an inch or so space on the sides, and it’s really deep, so there’d be a decent gap between the back of the console and the back of the cupboard, but there's only a small hole (about 4” diameter) at the back for cables.  
 

B774636C-DE92-4CDF-BFBE-9BE485E28088.thumb.jpeg.23b998f417ded5dc8b88de294dd9fcde.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SeanR said:

 

I can now try so fast (click order - fail - back - forward - click order (repeat)) I get this

 

image.png.c4be26b95fa1d2c3e19768fb11be4126.png

 

I've got it down to two clicks

 

[order] and [continue shopping]

 

now to automate it 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5 - See OP for link to Ultimate FAQ
  • Eighthours changed the title to PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.