PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

4 minutes ago, BarryL85 said:

Fingers crossed this happens accross Europe.

It kinda makes no difference unless they are saying that lock down might disappoint some peoples launch so retailers can be flexible to deal with demand and service.

Imagine the lawsuits that will happen if big game shops in Europe are forced into holding all these console pre-orders for weeks after launch? Customers will find other alternatives and cancel their pre-orders with them. Though I guess in reality these game shops won't struggle to sell them so...

14 minutes ago, Capwn said:

Imagine the lawsuits that will happen if big game shops in Europe are forced into holding all these console pre-orders for weeks after launch? Customers will find other alternatives and cancel their pre-orders with them. Though I guess in reality these game shops won't struggle to sell them so...

I dunno how lock downs in Canada work but here in Blighty nothing stops consuming! Certainly not some fly by night mass killer disease - launch day will be heading down to game to pick up the machine, get to school and do some learns, after a quick Maccy D on the way home it will be non stop next gen gaming - just remember to pick up your (bug)snax before 2200 as that’s when the virus shit gets real!

Edited by Shimmyhill
14 minutes ago, Capwn said:

Are you arguing with yourself?

1 hour ago, Capwn said:

I think as a general principle it’s hard to sue someone for following the law.

Really good article. Richard Leadbetter has made some similar 'pro-developer' noises a couple of weeks ago about it too.

Interesting towards the bottom it mentions the tasks/help feature that was shown in the UI demo...

“Demon’s Souls,” a famously punishing game, will make use of the PS5′s activities UI, which offers helpful tips regarding certain tasks. Moore says there are over 180 videos, each with increasing levels of visibility into what’s needed to complete portions of the game, available via the interface. Stumped? Now you don’t even have to leave the screen.

I wasn't massively convinced by the Sackboy example but I can see this implementation potentially being something players find useful given the sort of game it is.

I think it’s a great idea for Demon’s - it doesn’t compromise the fundamental difficulty but the fact is that all the Souls games have loads of content hidden away in some of the most nebulous ways.

I would simply never have found, say, Cainhurst in Bloodborne by myself if I hadn’t found out how to do it online. Without a guide I wouldn’t have been able to figure out how to trigger Dark Souls’ DLC that I bloody well paid for!

20 minutes ago, FiveFootNinja said:

Really good article. Richard Leadbetter has made some similar 'pro-developer' noises a couple of weeks ago about it too.

Interesting towards the bottom it mentions the tasks/help feature that was shown in the UI demo...

I wasn't massively convinced by the Sackboy example but I can see this implementation potentially being something players find useful given the sort of game it is.

When Capcom get around to porting Resident Evil 4 yet again, an entirely new generation of players will get to learn that there's a run button in the game.  :omg:

9 minutes ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

Anyone know if we'll be able to pre-download the day one patch to a USB stick like with the PS4? I imagine the Sony servers will be taking a pretty severe pounding on launch day. 

You won't be doing it the same time as the US/rest of world - so this is where that week gap may help in terms of launch kinks and server loads. 

7 minutes ago, Ry said:

Just noticed Godfall is a launch game and no one is talking about it. 

Most other games are getting a lot of advertising but I'm hearing nothing. 

I wonder what genre it is with a name like that.

RTS? RPG? Farming of Souls Simulator?

• gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5 - See OP for link to Ultimate FAQ
  • Eighthours changed the title to PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!