PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

18 minutes ago, jonamok said:

They’re still alive, just changed their name, likely after a C&D from Sony. Now called customizemyplates.com and are saying an extra 3-week delay and all sold out.

Amateur hour I feel, but I’ll keep the order for now.

Ah pleased to hear your order is safe. Keep us posted on any further developments. I was right about them not getting away with PS, my previous employer had an issue with having a camel case PS in their brand and were politely asked by Sony to change it despite them not noticing when we published a game on PSN!

FWIW all companies have to be seen to defend their brand at every possible opportunity. See Sky taking on Hello Games on No Mans Sky (which they didn't win thankfully), however they did win against MS who once had 'Sky Drive'.

2 hours ago, Vemsie said:

That sizzle reel at the end is :wub:

Amswtjf.png

Demon_s_Souls_Church.jpg

This is where I find digital foundry so helpful.

before I start playing I’ll already know the pros and cons of the two different modes.

it doesn’t sound like a locked 60 mode (edit - it absolutely does sound like that oops) which might make me just go with nicer looking 30.

We shall see.

Fucking hell that looks incredible, I skipped the boss fights as I want to go in as blind as possible. Man they need to remake all the Dark Souls games in this engine, I'll pay £100 for a version of Dark Souls 3 that looked like that!

2 minutes ago, Majora said:

Also whether a game is locked 60 or not should become less of an issue with VRR (though I appreciate a lot of people still won't hadn't TVs that support this).

I can do freesync so I’m hoping for that, but I doubt that’ll be a thing. I get the impression everything is coming in super hot.

Things are starting to heat up nicely now with just 3 weeks to go! :) AstroBot looks amazing, the DualSense sounds fantastic and Demon’s Souls is clearly absolutely stunning!

More good news........been playing some WRC9 on PS4. It’s fucking amazing. One of the best Rally games ever made. It’s that good! There’s a free PS5 upgrade, with the PS5 version being out at launch and running 4K/60fps. The DualSense is also being fully supported, so you can feel the different surfaces such as snow, mud, tarmac, gravel etc and if, for example, you damage the engine, you will feel that through the resistant triggers. 

19 minutes ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

FFS I'm going to have to get this now, looks awesome. Feck paying £70 though, I'll try my "import" trick. 

You can get it for £60 on eBay at the moment. Or it’ll be about the same for the digital version using CDkeys.

11 minutes ago, Minion said:

Sony are evil magicians, they are Derren Brown. They unveil the console and I laugh in contempt at it's disgusting looks yet 2 (3 who can keep track of time this year?) months later I'm in love with the design, I think it's the most magnificant looking console  since the Super Nintendo. They release a remake of a PS3 game and demand £70 for it. Again I greet this news with derision, yet today I am all like TAKE MY MONEY, I NEED THIS NOW! How have they done this to me? What is going on? Is it just Hype? If it is bring it the fuck on. 3 more weeks!

I don't even like the Souls games mainly cause their framerates have been a bit janky (or frame pacing, looking at you bloodbourne) which irks me when the combat system is so timing specific. But Demon's Souls looks absolutely amazing, I know it was previously constrained by the limitations of the PS3 so making it shine on PS5 was not going to be too hard. But my god I can't find a hard polygon edge anywhere in the footage, the level of detail come close to the promise of the early Unreal PS5 demo. Yup on the hype train fully now... pleased I actually preordered otherwise I would be full of regret right now!

I'm looking forward to playing Demons again but visually I feel much the same way I did with Shadow of the Collosus, technically it looks good but aesthetically it seems quite wide of the mark. From have such a distinctive style and in none of the footage I've seen do Bluepoint quite manage to capture it. There's an 'original setting' global filter apparently, be interesting to see if that helps at all. 

5 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

looks like the PS5 wont support 1440p output which is a shame as there is a lot more displays that support 1440p @ 120 than 4k@120.

Has that been confirmed officially now? I’ve seen reports over the last couple of days suggesting that 1440p could be in...

https://www.kitguru.net/peripherals/monitors/mustafa-mahmoud/the-playstation-5-will-finally-support-1440p-monitors/

56 minutes ago, petrolgirls said:

I'm looking forward to playing Demons again but visually I feel much the same way I did with Shadow of the Collosus, technically it looks good but aesthetically it seems quite wide of the mark. From have such a distinctive style and in none of the footage I've seen do Bluepoint quite manage to capture it. There's an 'original setting' global filter apparently, be interesting to see if that helps at all. 

I agree actually. The visuals look great but I'm not sure they've quite captured that Souls vibe/atmosphere just yet. Almost looks a bit cartoony in places?

• gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5 - See OP for link to Ultimate FAQ
  • Eighthours changed the title to PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!