PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

11 minutes ago, gospvg said:

@MansizeRooster I managed to order the adaptor have the first letter lowercase.

LOL, although that wasn't the case for me in an incognito tab... Pleased you are sorted now. Been holding back dipping into NMS since it added VR, now I'll get to play it in PS5 mode :) Might take a dip anyway just so I can compare the two.

6 minutes ago, Quexex said:

LOL, although that wasn't the case for me in an incognito tab... Pleased you are sorted now. Been holding back dipping into NMS since it added VR, now I'll get to play it in PS5 mode :) Might take a dip anyway just so I can compare the two.

The lowercase was mentioned by someone on twitter whilst I was searching for answers and was shocked it worked! It’s more than likely that the web servers were having issues processing the serial number.

Email confirmation received.

NMS looks great on PS5, it will feel like a new game I’ve not played it for a few years. Tried the PSVR update but could not get in with the movement.

I am saving Star Wars Squadrons to enjoy on PS5/PSVR 

The triggers on the pad are getting me excited.  Programmable resistance points sound great.  Just need to make sure devs take advantage rather than do what they did with the touchpad previously (almost all map functions)

can’t wait to see a video of someone opening the pad up.  I want to see what mechanism they’ve used to implement it.  

4 minutes ago, Ry said:

The more I hear about this controller the more excited I am. 

It's just a pity about the ergonomics. Despise the symmetrical sticks. 

I never understand why symmetrical sticks are such an issue I can adapt to either with no issues, I guess years and years of different controller configs from the Speccy to now has made it easier for me to adapt. Each to their own though, maybe a 3rd party will sort you out with a non symmetrical config. Or maybe the increased size of the pad will help.

Just now, Quexex said:

I never understand why symmetrical sticks are such an issue I can adapt to either with no issues, I guess years and years of different controller configs from the Speccy to now has made it easier for me to adapt. Each to their own though, maybe a 3rd party will sort you out with a non symmetrical config. Or maybe the increased size of the pad will help.

I put up with it, wouldn't buy another pad. I have big hands and the xbox controller is just a much better fit. PS5 will only be getting used for exclusives anyway so I can put up with it. 

1 hour ago, Ferine said:

I found the camera adapter submission to be extremely flaky. It kept giving me an error despite my triple-checking that the serial was correct.

Oddly it accepted my code first time when I tried it in an InPrivate/Incognito window. Not sure if that was just a coincidence, but might be worth a try if it's throwing you errors.

Private window worked for me, thanks. Tried a million times across various browsers last night and this morning, but your shout fixed it :hat:

21 minutes ago, Ry said:

The more I hear about this controller the more excited I am. 

It's just a pity about the ergonomics. Despise the symmetrical sticks. 

For me it’s more exciting than the SSD tech 

8 minutes ago, FiveFootNinja said:

Not sure if this has been posted already (apologies if so)...

My phone says it is running the most up to date version but it looks nothing like the above so I guess it may be a little further down the line for iOS?

Just forced an update on my iPhone and now it looks just like that. 

Looks good much smoother than before. It's funny though I felt sure messaging was within the old app initially then they spun it out as a separate app. Now they are 'selling' the new app as an innovation as it includes the messaging system they removed before... could be mistaken though.

No, that's exactly right. All sorts of things got spun out, and now they're moving back towards a single app. I'd much rather have a single app, so that's great. I think there was a trend towards pointlessly separate apps for a while.

36 minutes ago, Quexex said:

The sticks and buttons are in same place as PS4 pad so it’s only bigger as they have bulked out the grips - it looks loads bigger but having seen some comparison vids it’s not really!

37 minutes ago, Spacehost said:

Bit annoyed I can't see my activity feed now, I used to use that to get screenshots onto my phone from the PS4 without using Twitter or whatever.

Didn't even know you could do that before - shame that's gone now would be well handy.

Yeah, getting proper excited now. :) I've decided to sell my PS4 whilst it's still worth something. It is a bit of a shame that we have to keep PS4 pads and camera around for VR play. I traditionally keep consoles released in November wrapped up for under the tree. That's going to be an excruciating month this time around.

5 minutes ago, Robo_1 said:

Yeah, getting proper excited now. :) I've decided to sell my PS4 whilst it's still worth something. It is a bit of a shame that we have to keep PS4 pads and camera around for VR play. I traditionally keep consoles released in November wrapped up for under the tree. That's going to be an excruciating month this time around.

You are a patient man, not sure I could manage that.

Just now, AI said:

PS4 controllers don't work on PS5 games, but do PS5 controllers work on PS4 games via BC?

Yes but not for VR as they lack the tracking light on the front iirc.

1 minute ago, Quexex said:

I know someone here took one for the team, hopefully you've not been scammed as the PlateStation5 site is not accessible anymore :(

image.png.baf8f016fc9566539540745aeabc2d96.png

Either that or Sony slapped them considering the plates might be part of a trademark or something of the sort.

1 minute ago, Cyhwuhx said:

Either that or Sony slapped them considering the plates might be part of a trademark or something of the sort.

Definitely possible Sony defend the 'PS' brand quite aggressively so PlateStation (if they used a capital letter for the S) would get them in trouble.

1 minute ago, Quexex said:

Definitely possible Sony defend the 'PS' brand quite aggressively so PlateStation (if they used a capital letter for the S) would get them in trouble.

Yeah they did use PlateStation 5 as their brand - twitter has also gone!

image.png.e3ea5f35b9ea3cf053f7a429b7832b75.png

• gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5 - See OP for link to Ultimate FAQ
  • Eighthours changed the title to PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!