PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

54 minutes ago, yashiro said:

Is there any confirmation that PS5 titles have working VR modes? Of course the PS4 games work but since the free Astrobot thing is PS5 only it might not work with the PS4 headset.

Astrobot's Playroom isn't VR at all, it's built around showing off all the new features of the console / dualsense. 

40 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

Yeah it's a just a dual camera for depth and motion tracking, nothing fancy about it at all, it doesnt even have different fov or resolution to them.

Ah, fair enough. I assumed it was doing something more. 

30 minutes ago, Minion said:

Sweet on the No Man's Sky news, I just got myself a physical copy, now to resist the urge until release.

What news? Link or tell us what it is. Lots of people here are at work and can't go browsing gaming news sites :lol:

14 minutes ago, MansizeRooster said:

I'm getting an error when I enter my unit's number :-(

Do you get the error when you click submit?

If so, wait about a minute before clicking. or keep trying.

If it is not recognizing the serial number, then I would contact them.

47 minutes ago, MansizeRooster said:

Same here, guess will have to phone Sony.

2 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

Did you manage to get hold of Smyth's?

Yes they said they have my order on the system, I created the order first before creating a smyths account and they can’t link the order to my account but any new orders I place will show up in my orders. What an odd ordering system they have.

So the disappearing videos and screenshots in de PS Store seem to be in the desktop browser only. The new integrated Store in de update iOS app does have screens and videos. Sounds to me like they have a preference for certain metrics.

The new app is nice (and fast!), but the Windows Media Player-ish design of it is kind of jarring.

1 hour ago, MansizeRooster said:

15 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Same here, guess will have to phone Sony.

You’ve probably checked 0 vs o but the only letter in my serial number is the first one.

2 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

You’ve probably checked 0 vs o but the only letter in my serial number is the first one.

Yep correct first is letter everything else is 0. Have sent a tweet to ask PlayStation uk twitter account.

10 minutes ago, MansizeRooster said:

I tried phoning the number they provided but got a Giffgaff message saying I don't have enough credit. I'm not adding bloody credit to my sim for the sake of a daft wee dongle.

What number did you call? I’ll let you know if I have any response from my tweet to PlayStation support.

19 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Yep correct first is letter everything else is 0. Have sent a tweet to ask PlayStation uk twitter account.

Yeah throws an error for me as soon as I enter the serial number as well. Going to wait a bit and see if it settles down

35 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Yes they said they have my order on the system, I created the order first before creating a smyths account and they can’t link the order to my account but any new orders I place will show up in my orders. What an odd ordering system they have.

Phew! Did they give any indication of wether or not you're in for launch?

1 minute ago, Quexex said:

Yeah throws an error for me as soon as I enter the serial number as well. Going to wait a bit and see if it settles down

Just give the processor unit a hug and tell her that you still love her and you are only going to plug her into a more powerful console.

I found the camera adapter submission to be extremely flaky. It kept giving me an error despite my triple-checking that the serial was correct.

Oddly it accepted my code first time when I tried it in an InPrivate/Incognito window. Not sure if that was just a coincidence, but might be worth a try if it's throwing you errors.

Just now, teddymeow said:

Phew! Did they give any indication of wether or not you're in for launch?

Nope they had no information but said I should be fine. Guess I just wait for the despatch email. This order is going to my brother I have my order coming from Amazon.

2 minutes ago, Ferine said:

I found the camera adapter submission to be extremely flaky. It kept giving me an error despite my triple-checking that the serial was correct.

Oddly it accepted my code first time when I tried it in an InPrivate/Incognito window. Not sure if that was just a coincidence, but might be worth a try if it's throwing you errors.

Thanks for the suggestion just tried it again but no joy with safari or chrome on my iPad. Will try on laptop later.

Just now, bobontheway said:

Oooh, can't wait. Source?

Multiple people over at ResetEra. I should have stated 14.00 CET, by the way.
Apparently Italian media are doing livestreams?
Cattura.png

10 minutes ago, Ferine said:

A winner is you!

Successfully ordered that adapter via an incognito window first time, no issues at all. Thanks for the tip.

Seems Sony is turning there marketing up to 11 now, seems like we are getting something new daily atm, not sure they can keep this up all the way to the 12th/19th. Exactly 3 weeks to go for us in UK/EU. Very excited now, given the year we've all had, it nice to have the moments to look forward to :)

• gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5 - See OP for link to Ultimate FAQ
  • Eighthours changed the title to PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!