Jump to content
IGNORED

PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!


Eighthours
 Share

Recommended Posts

People are fucking bored at home. They could use the time to play games they already own but instead they want to know about games they don't already own so they have a next gen backlog. I usually just need one game to sell me to buy a console because I know there will be plenty down the line to play.

 

The saves thing has been a bit of a shitshow though and MS are far ahead in terms of back compat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Uzi said:

People are fucking bored at home. I usually just need one game to sell me to buy a console because I know there will be plenty down the line to play. 

 

The saves thing has been a bit of a shitshow though and MS are far ahead in terms of back compat.


but on the other hand, 4 fingers and a thumb...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The save game fiasco is one of the few instances where I seem to luckily be in the minority and not give a single hoot. MS are undoubtedly paving the way towards the future of a single digital games library leaving Sony in the dust but I almost never play games from previous generations and when I do it’s because I want to play from start to finish.

 

I’m just waiting for Sony to actually reveal some more information so that I can be equally disappointed. I bet they’ll do something daft regarding account sharing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Bangaio said:

The thing that I guess I just don't really get about this reveal via influencer thing is look at all the xbox series videos.  Firs you had the droves and their unboxing videos of plastic shells.  All identical videos - "we have lots to talk about, let's get into it...." where they show some plastic. Then they have the embargo lifting for backwards compatible titles which are very impressive but... they are all the same "we have lots to talk about, let's get into it....".  Is this what people actually want with a console launch?


I’d imagine it’s just folk like us that watch them all. For everyone else, they get to watch their preferred youtube channel personality talking about how dope the Xbox clutches are..

It’s not how I’d have it, but it’s better than the Sony silence machine, and definitely better than the Sony* approach.

 

 

 

*being when they announce something good immediately followed by the small print showing how they’ve stuffed it up!

 

On the BC stuff, the rags were reporting in click bait crap recently that the new PlayStation won’t play your old ps1/2/3 games, so they obviously think someone cares about BC, and MS have gone all in for amazing BC, so they obviously think someone cares.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bangaio said:

The thing that I guess I just don't really get about this reveal via influencer thing is look at all the xbox series videos.  Firs you had the droves and their unboxing videos of plastic shells.  All identical videos - "we have lots to talk about, let's get into it...." where they show some plastic. Then they have the embargo lifting for backwards compatible titles which are very impressive but... they are all the same "we have lots to talk about, let's get into it....".  Is this what people actually want with a console launch?

Just watch one and be done with it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DS looks amazing :wub:
That Collector's Edition can fuck off though, not gonna pay extra for all that stuff I don't need. Vanilla DS for me.

Also, Sackboy looks really fun. I hope they nail it as a colourful platformer would be a nice companion to Demon Soul's bleakness.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Vemsie said:

Also, Sackboy looks really fun. I hope they nail it as a colourful platformer

 

I'm hoping for this too, the design and concept of Little Big Planet has always appealed to me, but the actual games somehow left me cold.

Either way, I'll be waiting for the reviews, and probably price cut, which more or less sums up the launch games for me :wacko:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, mikeyl said:

Devil May Cry is on Base.com for £30. It’s an absolute banger. But should I expect my PS4 save to work? I’m swimming in red orbs but suspect it’s a No.

 

I think I would guess at no, because (like with Spidey Remastered) they've probably done stuff to it to make it a different game. But who knows? Do they have a Twitter?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

If they exchange rate-adjusted the price of the console for the UK why haven't they done the same for the games? $70 does not equal £70.

US prices don't include tax, as that varies from state to state. So, $70 = £54 + 20% VAT = £65. I do think the £5 on top takes the piss, though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

 

I think I would guess at no, because (like with Spidey Remastered) they've probably done stuff to it to make it a different game. But who knows? Do they have a Twitter?

Capcom Twitter? Dunno. I think it’s almost likely they’ll make you start all over (but be interesting to see if the Xbox version does the same too).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Quexex said:

Anyway how about a PS5 exclusive -

 

 


I liked the DD games back in the day but they didn’t really stand the test of time and very much of their era - strange IP to bring back for a new console.

 

That trailer, wow. I’d not even give it a glancing look if it was a f2p iOS game, I mean that’s what it looks like :o 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree, it feels like an attempt to hook into a combination of Rocket League and Fortnite with an old DD format. Both of which are F2P which makes this even more of a strange game to have at launch at that sort of price.

 

However having also just read it is made by Lucid Games (in my work city of Liverpool no less) which obviously used to be Bizarre Creations who of course made PGR, I feel like it could actually be fun. I'm a bit conflicted on it, not £70 conflicted, but if it turns up on PS+ in a few months I'll give it a whirl.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While I have no interest in the game itself, I feel for the devs because that Destruction game is absolutely dead in the water because of the pricing. Even at launch, when people will generally throw money at anything to justify playing on their shiny new console, no-one is going to be forking out £70 on that. As a multiplayer game it's already DOA and hasn't even released yet.

 

The way things are in 2020 it either needs to be FTP or released at a budget price to have any chance (and even a budget release might be pushing it). Total miscalculation of the market.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Majora said:

While I have no interest in the game itself, I feel for the devs because that Destruction game is absolutely dead in the water because of the pricing. Even at launch, when people will generally throw money at anything to justify playing on their shiny new console, no-one is going to be forking out £70 on that. As a multiplayer game it's already DOA and hasn't even released yet.

 

The way things are in 2020 it either needs to be FTP or released at a budget price to have any chance (and even a budget release might be pushing it). Total miscalculation of the market.

 

Yep - It's a ridiculous price and will short-circuit any chance it has of growing any sort of community. I predict some rapid discounting in the weeks following launch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, JPL said:

What are you all going to play at launch if you're not willing to spend £70 on games? I suppose you can restart all your PS4 games again.

 

 Demon's Souls will last me into next year as my gaming time is pretty scarce of an evening. Picked that up for £64.99 and will probably buy TLOU2 after that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.