PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

6 minutes ago, Bazjam said:

Is Very a reliable site to use?

Yep.  Very is basically Littlewoods. I buy my Apple phones/watches on there whenever they have a deal on them. Added bonus is you you can buy stuff on Buy Now Pay Later, so I did that with the PS5. Will have it paid off before the console is out but gives me leeway to pay it off incrementally. It’s 9 months BNPL on this instance. 

26 minutes ago, AceGrace said:

Is Destruction AllStars an online multiplayer only game or does it have local multiplayer and a single player mode?

They've not said yet. There's only been that initial trailer from the June reveal.

I just received a very basic e-mail from Game confirming my pre-order is in place along with the order number :omg: Only took about 40 hours but hey at least it seems to be sorted.

I had to check out as a Guest (which from Twitter seems to have been the case for most people) and then received absolutely nothing to confirm it had been accepted. Guess that is them finally getting their shit together so others who ordered with Game can maybe expect a similair e-mail soon hopefully, if not already.

The joy in my brothers quivering voice as I told him he could have my Amazon order provided this Game one gets absolutely nailed down was quite special.

Just got a shopto email asking to turn my registered interest into a pre order but I will obviously have to take a pass on that as I have 2 already. I might see if someone at work wants me to order one for them but they probably won’t come launch day.

2 minutes ago, Minion said:

Anyone actually willing to pay £70 for Demons? I’m telling myself I’m strong enough to hold out but deep down I know I’m week. But if we all wait....

Only because I plan to get it physical and then sell on.

4 minutes ago, Minion said:

Anyone actually willing to pay £70 for Demons? I’m telling myself I’m strong enough to hold out but deep down I know I’m week. But if we all wait....

No, I'll get that on PC most likely. But I'm willing to pay it for the Ultimate Edition of Mile Morales. 

What’s the deal with Game for console preorders, if we’ve chosen delivery from store will we be able to just turn up on the morning of launch and collect it?  If so I’m booking the day off work!

12 minutes ago, Thor said:

No, I'll get that on PC most likely. But I'm willing to pay it for the Ultimate Edition of Mile Morales. 

As am I. Smyth's have it up for pre-order now along with CoD and a few others.

I was looking at game releases between now and launch day and it made me a little moist looking at it - 

Star Wars Squadrons (Backward compatible I guess as dont think its Dual Entitlement)

FIFA21 (DE)

Watchdogs Legion (DE)

AC: Valhalla (DE)

CoD: Cold War (DE but just going to pick up the PS5 version as its only a few days difference)

LAUNCH!

Demon Souls

Spiderman MM

DMC5 SE

Ok, so its not a huge PS5 specific launch line-up but they never are with day one console launches so having all of those games, along with whatever little digital treats I re-download from the PS Plus Collection makes for a really satisfying amount of games to enjoy. 

EDIT - To clarify on Cyberpunk, I am viewing that purely as a PS5 game and so waiting for that release as getting it for PS4 I would never go back to the next gen version when it comes out. Makes for a really exciting game on the horizon post launch too :)

8 minutes ago, sammy said:

What’s the deal with Game for console preorders, if we’ve chosen delivery from store will we be able to just turn up on the morning of launch and collect it?  If so I’m booking the day off work!

When I went yesterday to pre-order, they advised I'll get a email / text to advise when it's available to be picked up. So assume if ordered early enough and its on their initial batch of stock, you'll be able to go there with your receipt of your pre-order and pick it up :)

Also, just went and traded in my launch day PS4 for some further in store credit. Thought best to do it now as the PS5 has been fully announced, as the trade in value is going to plummet with everyone doing the same soon.

Will PS4 digital purchases carry over and run better? I’ve still got Bloodborne downloaded and waiting to be played on my PS4 Slim. I’m assuming if the games do carry over, I’d be playing a boosted BB, similar to PS4 Pro players, or hopefully even better. What do we think / know about that sort of thing?

1 hour ago, MardiganX said:

I just received a very basic e-mail from Game confirming my pre-order is in place along with the order number :omg: Only took about 40 hours but hey at least it seems to be sorted.

I had to check out as a Guest (which from Twitter seems to have been the case for most people) and then received absolutely nothing to confirm it had been accepted. Guess that is them finally getting their shit together so others who ordered with Game can maybe expect a similair e-mail soon hopefully, if not already.

The joy in my brothers quivering voice as I told him he could have my Amazon order provided this Game one gets absolutely nailed down was quite special.

Yeah I had exactly the same issue I guess you ordered around midnight too! Got my Game order confirmed - prefer giving my money to game rather than amazon so I'll offer my Amazon one to some friends who missed out. Desperately trying to avoid becoming a scalping cunt at Christmas and charging a grand for it! ... don't be the guy Quexex, don't become like 'them' you know you hate them...;)

18 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

As am I. Smyth's have it up for pre-order now along with CoD and a few others.

I'm going digital, despite buying the one with the drive (4k UHD player).

@Quexex yes exactly that. There is still nothing showing on my Game account so they will have to migrate that over so can claim the points the stuff, but they confirmed on Twitter yesterday that they would be doing that for all orders that had to go through the Guest checkout rather than your personal account.

My plan is to play my PS4 up until its time to switch and then trade in absolutely everything I can against the PS5 and all the games I want :wub: 

• gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5 - See OP for link to Ultimate FAQ
  • Eighthours changed the title to PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!