PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

Demon’s Souls and a non-janked Cyberpunk push this right up there for console launches. I’m quite time poor right now so those will likely last me until the middle of next year when we can hopefully start to see some discounts on these ludicrous game prices.

1 minute ago, wretcherd said:

I bought one on the basis of the last 7 years of entertainment.

This!!!

Say what you want about the ps5 ,but if its anything like the ps4 with the great games I've played over the years then ill be super happy.

1 minute ago, Rob_Pulsar said:

They've gone from £49.99 to £59.99 :doh:

Ok I'm expecting cancellations then, I don't think they will honour the £49.99 pre-orders.

24 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

I know we’re a hobbyist forum but I’m always amazed at the amount of people jumping on board the train early despite it being well publicised that there’s not much at launch apart from DS. 

I was more surprised after the lukewarm reception from enthusiasts to see pre-order chaos in America with it selling out everywhere immediately. 

23 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

That was 20 years ago :lol: We old.

Most of the youtubers I follow who have ordered one weren’t even alive then.

Got a preorder for the disc console in with Amazon and confirmed my preorder with Shopto. Hopefully one of them should see me good on launch day. Given the choice I'll go with Shopto as they ship with DPD though.

Just now, sofasurfer said:

I cannot believe that's it for stock until Christmas. Surely there has to be more, otherwise quite a few parents will have unhappy kids on Christmas day. 

I'd put internal organs on no major restocks before Xmas, just dribs and drabs. Even without a global pandemic stock for new consoles at Xmas has always been pathetic.

Just now, sofasurfer said:

I cannot believe that's it for stock until Christmas. Surely there has to be more, otherwise quite a few parents will have unhappy kids on Christmas day. 

That's always going to happen, launch days always sell out. It's actually good for a company to be in that situation because it provides constant demand past the holiday period.

Bloody hell this thing really is a bit of a beast.

I've been quite casual about the size so far as my TV cabinet spaces are really wide (50cm ish) however I've just measured the height and I'm not sure it'll actually be able to slot in! Going to rejig the shelf heights later and move some things around to try and make one work. :facepalm:

Also we obviously don't know stock numbers... but with the speed of the Game, Smyths, Amazon sell outs (and the DDoS style crashes on other retailers) it would seem Sony will be doing just fine with PS5 despite the issues widely discussed here. I expect Microsoft will clear up as well as I reckon people want to treat themselves after a crap 2020 so far.

22 minutes ago, Flanders said:

Demon’s Souls and a non-janked Cyberpunk push this right up there for console launches. I’m quite time poor right now so those will likely last me until the middle of next year when we can hopefully start to see some discounts on these ludicrous game prices.

The PS5 upgrade for cyberpunkniant until next year. You will be playing the Pro version at launch. 

I think. Sony have never said if the PS5 will run the PS4 Pro versions of games. 

3 minutes ago, sofasurfer said:

Argos preorders go up tomorrow. John Lewis and Simplygames haven't done preorders yet either AFAIK.

May still be worth checking in with your local GAME. Was reading some posts on Resetera and apparently Bristol GAME are expecting around 90 on launch day. No idea if that's good or not really. Very heavily weighted in favour of the disc console by all accounts though.

SimplyGames have yet to put stock up, if you want one sign up to be notified as they send emails out first; they were talking about a deposit to ensure people weren't just sitting on orders with intention to cancel them...so be sure you want it I guess but the details will be in the email.

• gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5 - See OP for link to Ultimate FAQ
  • Eighthours changed the title to PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!
  • Pob unpinned this topic