PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

Also I pre-ordered one....but I can cancel it *if* I change my mind. I just know what day one hype is going to be like :D Console launches don't happen that often and to be a part of it of something always feels exciting.

2 minutes ago, Minion said:

And that's what the inflated rrp's are for :)

I mean compared to current gen prices - only slightly more than PS4 and Xbox One controllers and cheaper than Joycons. 

4 minutes ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

So, to clarify then, if I order the PS4 version of CP2077 it'll be upgraded to the PS5 "version" automatically and for free... immediately?

Not quite. 

You will be able to play the PS4 version on the PS5 using backwards compatibility with some enhancements. 

However the full fat PS5 / Series X version with all the bells and whistles will not appear till 2021 according to CDPR. 

Just pre-ordered from Amazon too (full fat version). Delivery details on it suggest Prime delivery on the 19th. Now they have their own Prime delivery network I would think meeting launch day expectations would be much easier than before (if they have stock).

2 minutes ago, mansizerooster said:

Can't see any peripherals on sale on Amazon...

Nothing yet but seeing as the console only went up at 9 and still no sign of the discless version I'm assuming they will be added soon.

I'm after an extra controller and that charging station.

I know we’re a hobbyist forum but I’m always amazed at the amount of people jumping on board the train early despite it being well publicised that there’s not much at launch apart from DS. 

It does feel like Sony have done a good job by launching pre orders straight away. The national crisis initial stock shortages on the PS2 still rings in people ears I think. 

I still remember news articles about them flying shipments in and Saddam using them as a super weapon. Having to fill out a paper form and rushing to Dixons because somebody heard that they had a couple.

Even though I’m not getting one I am sure I will be envious of the unboxing stories.

Just now, Yiggy said:

Not quite. 

You will be able to play the PS4 version on the PS5 using backwards compatibility with some enhancements. 

However the full fat PS5 / Series X version with all the bells and whistles will not appear till 2021 according to CDPR. 

Ah, so the "free upgrade" CDPR announced is more of a half measure. Not a problem, I can wait.

1 minute ago, Yiggy said:

It does feel like Sony have done a good job by launching pre orders straight away. The national crisis initial stock shortages on the PS2 still rings in people ears I think. 

That was 20 years ago :lol: We old.

5 minutes ago, mansizerooster said:

Can't see any peripherals on sale on Amazon...

Nope nothing yet, I got a 2nd pad through smyths. Just need the charging dock for controllers now.

1 minute ago, mansizerooster said:

I'm in for a camera. Never understood the charging stations - I'm happy to let my controllers charge over a wire.

Just easier to let them rest on the dock to charge. I have used mine for the PS4 since it was released.

2 minutes ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

Ah, so the "free upgrade" CDPR announced is more of a half measure. Not a problem, I can wait.

It's not a half measure, as you will get the full fat upgrade also for free when they've made it. Just that this won't be until next year.

PS4 / One version launches.

Then a patch to that version to make it better on the PS5 / Series consoles is made

Then later a proper PS5 / Series version is released.

If you buy the PS4 or One version, you'll get all the updates and the new release for free.

• gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5 - See OP for link to Ultimate FAQ
  • Eighthours changed the title to PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!
  • Pob unpinned this topic