PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

It was rumoured to be finished a while back, so perhaps a full trailer/gameplay coming at the next 'event' ? Hope it is a launch title as it will sell me a PS5 very easily.

Is Demon Souls more accessible than later games? 

I have attempted all kinds of "souls like" games and given up after an hour.

It's a genre that I would have loved when I was younger and I keep telling myself I will but I just don't have the patience anymore. 

17 minutes ago, Vemsie said:

No. But perhaps Bluepoint and SCEJ have made some changes.

I'd imagine that's almost a certainty in case of inventory. I'm wondering if they'll have messed with the save points/ structure. Perhaps an original mode on the side? I might be misremembering, but, post DS3, some of those boss run-ups might be a bit much after dying for some used to the later games.

Where does it stand in the Soulsborne rankings? I’ve never played it and was wondering if it’s worth picking a PS5 up at launch for (if it does turn out to be a launch game).

1 minute ago, JPL said:

Where does it stand in the Soulsborne rankings? I’ve never played it and was wondering if it’s worth picking a PS5 up at launch for (if it does turn out to be a launch game).

For me, it's a killer app if it's out this year. Not played it in ages, has some amazing locations and the atmosphere is superb. You can see that it's where these ideas started and have been built on and tweaked over the years, which really makes me interested on how they'll approach it in 2020.

1 minute ago, JPL said:

Definitely in the higher echelons- it has some of the best areas From have ever made. Tower of Latria in particular.

Who are these people who keep accidentally releasing videos/ games? More to the point, how do you manage it?

Is there a button to press without any security measures beforehand?

2 minutes ago, Steven said:

Who are these people who keep accidentally releasing videos/ games? More to the point, how do you manage it?

Most of the time I imagine it's because releases are automated based on a set time/date, and people either enter/are given incorrect details or there's some confusion around time zone conversions, date formats, etc.

I would guess this ad – or some version of it – was due to run during the Champion's League final this Sunday.

44 minutes ago, Reynard said:

I think it's just the most relatable video gaming example.

Coiled springs and the like showcased by Astrobot probably aren't as compelling in these kinds of ads.

I guess in stealth/assassin type games it could be used to give haptic feedback when you're strangling someone. Feel the pulse before you snap that neck  etc. Probably not a great advert though.  :)

2 hours ago, Alex W. said:

They really don’t have a way of showing off the triggers that isn’t a bow and arrow, huh?

Vibrating triggers for different amounts of engine, surface etc. would just invite comparisons with what's already available on their competition, so you need something with variable resistance.

Disappointing lack of In Game Footage of Demon Souls in that promo though; otherwise pretty.

Just now, Mr Combo Breaker said:

how do the adaptive triggers work anyway, fuckin' magnets? a really tiny gearbox?

Probably an elastic band. 

• gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5 - See OP for link to Ultimate FAQ
  • Eighthours changed the title to PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!
  • Pob pinned this topic
  • Pob unpinned this topic