PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

Eighthours

17 hours ago, Uzi said:

I kinda hoped it would be huge to avoid cooling issues - my own PC is basically a big box of glass where the entire thing is on display so made as neat as possible so size isn't an issue but the clash of the white on black is still so odd to me. Just wish they confirmed an all black for release because I know I'll be an impatient shit and buy the astrobot combo 

I get that but when you look at the One X, very powerful at the time, really small and fucking silent... it doesn’t make for a good comparison.

Really though, the design of the box doesn’t matter. It looks awful but by the time the thing comes out we’ll be used to it/won’t care. My major issue with the PS4 has been with how loud it is. If this is quiet, then all good.

2 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

Mine absolutely is. Not a peep. 

How long have you had it? Mine seemed silent enough at first but as time went by it got noisier abs now when under load with a graphically intense game it’s really quite loud. 

Just now, Stanley said:

How long have you had it? Mine seemed silent enough at first but as time went by it got noisier abs now when under load with a graphically intense game it’s really quite loud. 

I got mine April 2018, so just over 2 years. Honestly, you can't even tell when it's on or not. 

22 minutes ago, Stanley said:

One X isn’t silent.

Had both the last iteration of the PlayStation Pro and the Xbox One X. Never really heard the X, Pro was noisy at times.

MSs build quality in the X was far better than the PSPro IMHO. X just felt premium in every way. Pro was a bit creaky in terms of having a more plasticy feel. 

Anyhow.... My PC is quieter than both :D

19 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Had both the last iteration of the PlayStation Pro and the Xbox One X. Never really heard the X, Pro was noisy at times.

MSs build quality in the X was far better than the PSPro IMHO. X just felt premium in every way. Pro was a bit creaky in terms of having a more plasticy feel. 

Anyhow.... My PC is quieter than both :D

Oh the X is a fantastic machine and really nicely designed from an aesthetic POV.

58 minutes ago, Stanley said:

One X isn’t silent.

you should probably get that looked at. It’s night and day between my pro and the X. As others have said in here there are time’s when I genuinely don’t know it’s on.

54 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I’m just one of the unlucky ones then, but I know it’s not uncommon so I don’t mind a console being bigger if it means it’s quiet - my first Xbox One for example. 

Crack that bad boy open and replace the thermal paste.

I’ve since taken it out of that cubby and put it behind the TV and it’s silent. 

2 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

I have never been brave enough to do this yet on my PS4 but when I get the PS5, I will open up the turbine to attempt to replace the paste.

2 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

I’ve since taken it out of that cubby and put it behind the TV and it’s silent. 

Mine did use to whirr from the fans while inside our cabinet, so i had to take it out. Only problem is now it is impossible to watch tv with an unrestricted view (the machine is silent though).

IMG_1485.thumb.jpeg.a60dd5df1d5b234dedef714b0504a747.jpeg

So it's probably nothing but I just noticed this on my SimplyGames account:

YOUR ALERTS

Game                                           Price

PlayStation®5 Console PS5    £499.99