PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

1 minute ago, rgraves said:

Did they confirm the drive size in the digital edition? I mean, surely the cost saved from the physical drive could be taken up putting a larger SSD in.....

No they will not do that, you will get a cheapr price point instead compared to the physical model.

A digital-only model with a >1TB drive would be nuts surely - that's not going to hold much at all - what do we think PS4 games are going to come in at 70-80Gb?

Really enjoyed that. So many games that look promising, including games that aren't exclusive like Resi 8 and Deathloop. Demon's Souls and Astro Bot (pre-loaded!) look great, as did most of the indies. Seems that indie dev comment in the recent EDGE that stated that it's super easy to develop for these consoles is true, as some of these indies look like AAA games. R&C and Horizon 2 were graphical stand-outs, but the Housemarque game, despite its lame title, has me most intruiged. I love the dark sci-fi vibe it has, instantly changing the environment with each death is a cool concept and the snippets of action look great, as to be expected from them.

Good week for Sony with this and the scores for TLoU2.

14 minutes ago, Kayin Amoh said:

The absolute heathens cut the Astro's Playroom segment despite it being  the most exciting thing ever. 

I hope that is in VR (at launch as well).

Love the VR version, but it will loose an awful lot of its magic as just a 2D experience.

Just now, Dirty Harry Potter said:

I hope that is in VR (at launch as well).

Love the VR version, but it will loose an awful lot of its magic as just a 2D experience.

Looks like it's designed to show off the haptic feedback etc on the DualSense.

It's not VR.

2 hours ago, Jamie John said:

What did everyone else think of the trailer for Life is Strange: Furry Edition, that 2D visual novel-looking game with all those teenage dinosaur...things sat around in class rooms, playing the drums and stuff? I didn't catch the name of it. Suffice to say it's not one that grabbed me. I thought it was an odd choice of game for a console reveal.

It came off like a Bojack episode written by Reddit committee.

7 minutes ago, df0 said:

I don't know what GTAV on PS5 is. Is it the PS4 version running via backwards compatibility?

Nah I think it's a whole new release of the game. Except the online portion is going free to play on PS5 (and I bet on everything else after a while, cos it makes Rockstar billions and billions)

I'll be getting the physical edition. I buy all my games in the trading folder :lol: 

But why show PS4 footage? Really, what was the point. "Here, our PS3 game is coming out on PS5. Watch some PS4 footage now".

:wacko:

2 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

It seems the BC update has been postponed from launch, they've removed it from the website.

zho9mw4h0f451.jpg

I’m not sure if it’s that or them trying to clarify their messaging. It sounds like they’re deliberately playing up to Xbox allowing things to be cross generational - whereas PS5 is all next generation experiences. 
Sure we’ll hear more over the coming months.

49 minutes ago, Kayin Amoh said:

The absolute heathens cut the Astro's Playroom segment despite it being  the most exciting thing ever. 

That gives me a bit of a Super Mario Sunshine vibe. Maybe it's the bouncing on a tightrope bit, or the sunny locations. Maybe the void-alike looking bits.

17 minutes ago, df0 said:

But why show PS4 footage? Really, what was the point. "Here, our PS3 game is coming out on PS5. Watch some PS4 footage now".

:wacko:

“Don’t forget, the lighting and models were nice but even when it was new, the actual art is GTAV was ugly as shit. Here it is badly upscaled to PS4, already looking jaggy with some shit animations. 

PS5”

12 minutes ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

opening with GTAV was really weird. 

I can only think Rockstar either paid for it, or it was in exchange for some exclusivity or something, because opening your presentation for your next console with a 7-year-old game a lot of people will have already bought twice would be really fuckin' stupid otherwise. Especially when people are eagerly awaiting for a sequel of that game, or even any game from Rockstar. Free access to an online game that most people don't care about was hardly a draw either.

54 minutes ago, Kayin Amoh said:

Having watched that segment in full, I reckon there's a good chance this does for haptics what their previous did for VR, in which case it'll be a genuine next-gen experience. Here's hoping.

I think the people willing to pay £599 look even crazier given none of the games shown last night look particularly “next gen” at all. 

Maybe when they do proper gameplay demos they’ll show us why we should care. 

1 hour ago, Gabzy said:

Same for me, plus the digital console looks WAY better.

I'd like the digital version but I still play blu-rays and DVDs through my PS4 and that would carry on. I want to pass the PS4 over to my boys, so I'll probably need the full version, which is a bit of a pain as I only buy digitally these days

4 minutes ago, GamesGamesGames said:

Having watched that segment in full, I reckon there's a good chance this does for haptics what their previous did for VR, in which case it'll be a genuine next-gen experience. Here's hoping.

Switch has had haptics since launch. It works fantastically well for some games. 

53 minutes ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

opening with GTAV was really weird. 

It was a bit, but it makes sense when you consider that across various platforms GTAV has sold over 115 million copies and Online is obscenely popular and lucrative.

8 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

Switch has had haptics since launch. It works fantastically well for some games. 

And the Steam controller before that. To some degree you could argue the XBO controller had it in its triggers too and worked really well on the Forza games.

• gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5 - See OP for link to Ultimate FAQ
  • Eighthours changed the title to PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!
  • Pob pinned this topic
  • Pob unpinned this topic