IGNORED

PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

Eighthours

Those videos are the worst as there are no contractions punctuation or pauses between the phrases and no emphasis on anything so it all sounds like one stream of monotonous conscientiousness that really has no place in the twenty first century though it is funny to listen out for mispronounced words normally nouns this is because it clearly acts as a kind of uncanny valley for the spoken word

2 minutes ago, PopeSmokesDope said:

Its text to speech isn't it? Makes it pretty much unwatchable for me...

I don't think it's that. Maybe he's trying to mask his identity by doing a Christian Bale as Batman voice?

55 minutes ago, JPL said:

Having experts building these systems is totally the right approach. Using those same experts to try and explain why isn’t. There’s a reason why design/advertising/marketing/PR companies exist and that is to interface with your average consumer.

Cerny’s presentation was probably amazing to quite a few people, but as the first major reveal of the PS5, aimed at the general public, it was impenetrable techno jargon.

It wasn't aimed at the general public no matter how much you keep pretending it was.

Just now, Dudley said:

It wasn't aimed at the general public no matter how much you keep pretending it was.

Why did they post it all over their social channels then?

I know it was originally meant as a GDC presentation, but they changed their approach once that was cancelled.

It was the wrong thing to use as their first major reveal of the PS5, no matter how much you keep pretending it wasn’t.

7 minutes ago, JPL said:

Why did they post it all over their social channels then?

You do know game developers are allowed to read social media right?

You must be so confused when universities tweet out details of exams and then you go along and they expect you to have done the course.

1 minute ago, Dudley said:

You do know game developers are allowed to read social media right?

You must be so confused when universities tweet out details of exams and then you go along and they expect you to have done the course.

I’m just trying to discuss things here, there’s no need to get all weirdly defensive and start trying to insult me. Very odd.

1 hour ago, Harrisown said:

It just doesn’t matter.

Yeah if you can have it it’s nice , it’s “better” but it’s the difference between a frozen pizza and a fresh pizza

Are we just letting this pizza comment slide? Really?

You Sony boys are so sensitive. I’m just trying to discuss things and it’s a negfest from the usual insecure posters. Poor lambs. :lol:

Don’t worry fellas, I’m sure PS5 will be a really good console. I’m looking forward to it, but I’m just getting a bit impatient for more info, hence the discussion.

I have to imagine that developers aren't going to be too bothered about coming up with extra performance/appearance modes that need testing and optimising. They were kind of essential for the pro consoles but surely not worth the bother now that they're back to supporting a single model from each manufacturer.

42 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

Which one has raytracing?

I know the biggest jump since 3D is happening in one of those videos...

I honestly couldn't tell either. Maybe it'll become more apparent when the games are being designed with it specifically in mind. A bit like Sony's SSD.

51 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

Which one has raytracing?

I know the biggest jump since 3D is happening in one of those videos...

BF5 has RT that is even worse than your hot takes. Like I said once developers start making games from the ground up for RT without having to waste time and resources on bodge job lighting then nobody will want to go back. Just look at what it does for such simplistic games in the Q2 and Minecraft videos you are purposely ignoring.

2 hours ago, Dudley said:

Depends what happens with the persistent rumours of a Xeries S or whatever for the nextbox.

I hate this “Xeries” stuff

surely it’s just XSX

Anyway what’s the bet these consoles both have HomeKit or OK google support?

3 hours ago, Harrisown said:

I hate this “Xeries” stuff

surely it’s just XSX

Anyway what’s the bet these consoles both have HomeKit or OK google support?

xbox has Alexa and google assistant already. Neither will support HomeKit.

10 hours ago, Alex W. said:

But even if the power budget is higher, there’s still an exact power budget for every PS5. The whole point is there’s no unit to unit variation on that, if I’ve understood correctly, so there shouldn’t be random consoles overheating due to manufacturing variations.

I don't think that supposed insider is saying random consoles are over heating like that. They seem to be implying that consistently running either the GPU or CPU hard over an extended period of time is eventually leading to the component failing. We know the PS5 GPU is running at a much higher clockspeed than the Series X, especially if its boosting up to its 10.whatever tfloppymabobs so I can understand why people find the rumour about component failure plausible. 

The stuff about the PS5 performance being all over the place and devs finding it a nightmare to optimise seems less likely. 

On 03/04/2020 at 13:33, Robo_1 said:

:lol:

Yeah... maybe he considers it his stage voice.

Coreteks is Portuguese, he isn't speaking in his native language. He's a PC guy primarily and the video's real reason for existence is to show how AMD's tech is going to kill Nvidia, hence the title of it.

Though he's probably jumping the gun on that one as Nvidia aren't anywhere near as clown shoes as Intel are. The fact they already had the technology for the Next Gen consoles in a retail GFX card you could buy back in 2018 while AMD won't release their one with the same basic functionality until 2 years later shows who is more ahead of the game.

15 minutes ago, mushashi said:

Coreteks is Portuguese, he isn't speaking in his native language. He's a PC guy primarily and the video's real reason for existence is to show how AMD's tech is going to kill Nvidia, hence the title of it.

Though he's probably jumping the gun on that one as Nvidia aren't anywhere near as clown shoes as Intel are. The fact they already had the technology for the Next Gen consoles in a retail GFX card you could buy back in 2018 while AMD won't release their one with the same basic functionality until 2 years later shows who is more ahead of the game.

Plus Nvidia's 12nm parts are more efficient than AMD's 7nm parts. Nvidia moving to 7nm is going to be devastating for AMD.