Jump to content

PlayStation 5 - Next gen is expensive


Eighthours
 Share

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Capwn said:

So is the PS5 still hard to get in the UK? My sister has been after once since launch here in Canada and still struggles to find a reasonable price. Shops here don't sell the console on it's own, always in a bundle. Current cheapest is the GOW bundle at $920 after tax (554 pound sterling).


Not even able to buy directly from PlayStation?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I deleted some games off the SSD as it's way too small, hooked up a USB 2TB drive, downloaded the PS4 versions to play from that and wouldn't you know it, saves don't carry over. No excuse for this when you can download a PC version of a game from gamepass and it synchs up with your xbox saves every time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, dave7g said:

I deleted some games off the SSD as it's way too small, hooked up a USB 2TB drive, downloaded the PS4 versions to play from that and wouldn't you know it, saves don't carry over. No excuse for this when you can download a PC version of a game from gamepass and it synchs up with your xbox saves every time.

Don't they just get synced from the cloud? Sure that used to happen? Actually thinking about it you need an active PS+ sub to do cloud save on PS... (unless this has recently changed?!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Don't they just get synced from the cloud? Sure that used to happen? Actually thinking about it you need an active PS+ sub to do cloud save on PS... (unless this has recently changed?!)

I have a premium sub. do I have to turn it on or something? Shouldn't it just do it automatically no?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Actually thinking about it , unless you specifically went in and deleted your saves when you removed the games from the SSD then it should just pick them up again when you reinstalled o the hdd .

 

 

unless as @p1nseeker says you are moving from ps5 version to ps4

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well I uploaded every save to the cloud, then downloaded the PS4 version of Elden Ring, save was on the PS5 version. 

 

Nope. Doesn't work. Also Hot Wheels DLC I bought for the PS5 version, not happening for the PS4 version.

 

Yould think they could this shit out by now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saves only go one way, PS4 to PS5. You can't go backwards, they're not cross save unless the game explicitly supports it. Spiderman for example does a one time transfer, you can't share your save data across gens seamlessly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You'd be better off getting an SSD to expand the PS5 storage, I got the 1TB WD one and its been a godsend. You get the full TB plus the 600GB or so on the console. PS4 games benefit as well from faster loading from it.

 

I still have a 2TB USB as well for my PS4 games as well, but the SSD was money well spent

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet: 

 

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/playstation-plus-12-month-membership-new-or-lapsed-subs-essential-ps2285-extra-ps3784-with-shopto-psn-credit-at-playstation-store-4048222

 

PS Plus for a year, £22,85 with credit from shopto IF you have a lapsed sub or are a new customer. Stacks for up to four years apparently. Mine lapsed in the summer so i'll definetely grab a year or two at that price.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cross-posting from the PSVR2 thread:

 

Quote

That classic PlayStation2 action puzzle game "Fantavision" is coming back on PlayStation5!

Fantavision, initially released on PlayStation 2, will return in 2023 on PlayStation 5!
Very simple rules, and once you get the hang of it, the game is more addictive than you can imagine!
It's an artistic combination of action, shooting, strategy, and puzzles!

Beautiful graphics with Full HD and 4K output support

First major graphic update in 20 years, with 4K screen for effective presentation of fireworks and night scenes.

Compatible with the new PlayStationVR2!

Experience an immersive experience with a PSVR2 headset and PSVR2 Sense controller.

 

 

http://www.cosmomachia.co.jp/business/fantavision_e.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My best friend has just got a PS5. If I gave him my account details he can then add a user on his PS5 and then essentially have access to all my games. 
 

Will we both be able to play at the same time on our separate consoles if we’re using the same account? 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TommyG said:

My best friend has just got a PS5. If I gave him my account details he can then add a user on his PS5 and then essentially have access to all my games. 
 

Will we both be able to play at the same time on our separate consoles if we’re using the same account? 
 

 

I don't think so. I gave my PS4 to a friend and got kicked off when he was playing.

 

I'm trying to download Elden Ring back to my SSD but it's saying there isn't enough space. However there is enough space, nearly 3 times the amount of space needed.

 

Please help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, TommyG said:

My best friend has just got a PS5. If I gave him my account details he can then add a user on his PS5 and then essentially have access to all my games. 
 

Will we both be able to play at the same time on our separate consoles if we’re using the same account? 
 

 

 

51 minutes ago, dave7g said:

I don't think so. I gave my PS4 to a friend and got kicked off when he was playing.

 

I'm trying to download Elden Ring back to my SSD but it's saying there isn't enough space. However there is enough space, nearly 3 times the amount of space needed.

 

Please help.

I thought you could do a similar trick to how it works on Xbox? Putting both accounts on each PS5 and setting each others consoles as your home machine.

 

I don’t yet have a PS5, so I can’t say how accurate that is, but I’m sure I’ve heard it mentioned before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, TommyG said:

My best friend has just got a PS5. If I gave him my account details he can then add a user on his PS5 and then essentially have access to all my games. 
 

Will we both be able to play at the same time on our separate consoles if we’re using the same account? 

You won't be able to use the same account simultaneously, but you also don't need to.

 

The key is to set your friend's console as your PSN account's 'primary' console, then he can play games you've purchased using his own account; any content on that machine can be accessed by all accounts on it.

 

Verbiage has changed a bit on PS5, but basically you want to login to his console and then enable the following setting:

Settings -> Users and Accounts -> Other -> Console Sharing and Offline Play

 

The main downside to this is that you'll need to remain online to play on your own console, as you can only have one machine flagged for offline play at a time. Also, your friend will need to temporarily login to your account in order to download new games, or you would need to queue things up via the mobile app.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Ferine said:

You won't be able to use the same account simultaneously, but you also don't need to.

 

The key is to set your friend's console as your PSN account's 'primary' console, then he can play games you've purchased using his own account; any content on that machine can be accessed by all accounts on it.

 

Verbiage has changed a bit on PS5, but basically you want to login to his console and then enable the following setting:

Settings -> Users and Accounts -> Other -> Console Sharing and Offline Play

 

The main downside to this is that you'll need to remain online to play on your own console, as you can only have one machine flagged for offline play at a time. Also, your friend will need to temporarily login to your account in order to download new games, or you would need to queue things up via the mobile app.

 Brilliant! Thank you Ferine much appreciated 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, dave7g said:

I don't think so. I gave my PS4 to a friend and got kicked off when he was playing.

 

I'm trying to download Elden Ring back to my SSD but it's saying there isn't enough space. However there is enough space, nearly 3 times the amount of space needed.

 

Please help.

 

Have you run the safe mode indexing thing? You always need twice the download size to install because Sony but seems there is some other weirdness as I had a similar issue with a update that had well over twice the install space free and I only got it to work by uninstalling another game to free up more space

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

 

Have you run the safe mode indexing thing? You always need twice the download size to install because Sony but seems there is some other weirdness as I had a similar issue with a update that had well over twice the install space free and I only got it to work by uninstalling another game to free up more space

I fixed it somehow, I think it had something to do with games in a queue to download causing the €500 super advanced technical powerhouse PS5 to get confused.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, dave7g said:

I fixed it somehow, I think it had something to do with games in a queue to download causing the €500 super advanced technical powerhouse PS5 to get confused.


Space was probably pre-allocated and then freed up when they installed (or you removed them from the queue). Probably made worse if there were multiple PS4 games in the queue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will be picking up another PS5 in the new year but see there is a deal on PSPlus that only lasts a day or so. 

 

 Not sure how it all works now with all the tiers. There are games I want to play but I can't find a definitive list and not sure which service they are actually on (essential, extra and something else)

 

I think I'm overcomplicating this, the games I want to play are the PS5 versions of Ghosts of Tushima, Death Stranding and demon souls. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.