PlayStation 5 - Next gen is expensive

Eighthours

11 hours ago, Darwock said:

Jeez, it’s 30 minutes long! Anyone got a time stamp to get the gist of why that’s been posted?

It's a so-bad-it's-good-or-maybe-just-bad type game that runs at about 3 frames per second. They are just marvelling at the extreme shoddiness of it all! Dip in anywhere and you'll see.

The cut scenes are amazing. First thing you learn about filmmaking is your camera shouldn’t cross the line. With dialogue the line being an imaginary line that bisects the two actors. If you’re wondering why that opening scene feels so weird and disorientating it’s that every single cut crosses the line. Incredible work. 

It reminds me a bit of those old Cobra 11 games on the 360, except with a much more mundane setting. 

To be honest, I would love to play a better-executed version of this kind of game - kind of like a game of Police Interceptors, where you have to pull over drunk people and be very patient with them while following the proper process. The game in that clip has a bit of that, with the Papers Please-style section where you have to check someone’s driving license. There’s a definite market for this kind of game where you do something that’s deliberately a bit dull, like that Lawnmower Simulator game, or the Euro Truck driving one, or Elite Dangerous. The cut scenes in that Autobahn game are painful to watch and it looks pretty shoddy, but I would be lying if I said I didn’t want to play the bits where they’re cruising around a one way system, looking for minor traffic infractions. There’s definitely a valid idea for an indie game in there - if nothing else, the animation reminded me of Last Stop. 

My upgrade to whatever the top tear of ps+ is called has necessitated the purchase of a 2tb crucial P5 plus (sub-£200), and a sabrent cooler (£18)

let’s hope I don’t fuck it up.

1 hour ago, SeanR said:

Oh ffs! How is this even a thing!?!

image.thumb.jpg.1facebb9e480d813ab25b3a88ed6be18.jpg

I guess the F1 22 install will have to wait…

Still a thing, same on PS4 - you just need twice the file size to be able to install the game…. :facepalm:

Its not a PS5 game dong that tho is it?!?!?

5 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

Still a thing, same on PS4 - you just need twice the file size to be able to install the game…. :facepalm:

Its not a PS5 game dong that tho is it?!?!?

yes, F1 22

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!!!

0A747420-F447-4D51-A246-8C167EF1FD5B.thumb.jpeg.1911527596f5ee195b40f3b069b2b01d.jpeg

it wouldn’t install it until I’d cleared the space when it asked me to.

ironically, deleting hot wheels underwhelming, and the studio movie maker thing was .01 over the space I needed to free up.

and I can benefit from all this shite, by installing AC Valhalla from the ps+ so I don’t need the disc!

ps. 85% downloaded while writing this tweet.

31 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

Don't have an additional storage device attached do you?

4tb external.

the 2tb internal didn’t show up until 30mins after I left work.

thanks prime, thrime.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/05/2022 at 01:15, layten said:

So I just won a PS5, Pulse Headset, GT7 and The Show on a twitch channel I have subbed to for years. Pretty happy right now.

It’s almost here. Obviously the man has to get their share first. 
52D3A7DB-EB8F-40A5-9588-7C758376D93F.thumb.jpeg.d4054426f8a88965a74ef4313489e1d8.jpeg

not a bad price for all that. 

36 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

Can anyone confirm or not whether you can use the extra storage for save files?

even if you cant, who has 840GB of saves?

You can, I transferred a save from PS5 to PS4 by USB. Although weirdly it’s done by game and not individual save file. I wanted one specific save for Valkyria Chronicles but I had to copy them all and then delete the ones I didn’t need.